Jamal Carter?

I don't even see how I am being debated on this. The current staff at LSU can point and say "look at all of our first round picks and super studs in college". Ours can only trade on a legacy they did nothing to create. That does not mean we will not be getting Carter and Burns, and it doesn't mean they can't coach DBs. But right now we simply CAN NOT say we are better at producing DBs then LSU. Maybe in three years all will be restored, but it is scary whenever LSU or Bama comes after a DB recruit right now. Period.

don't care hey how about 3 of our DB'S have superbowl rings and 2 were pro bowlers in Rolle and Phillips. Shields started CB in the superbowl and got a ring. Merriweather 1st round pick and pro bowler. Ed Reed best safety ever in college and NFL. Sean Taylor former pro bowler and was the best safety in the league before he died. Still today remembered as the most physical and talented safety or defensive player ever. How many safety go top 5 in a NFL draft. They don't it's rare. I'll take UM DBS over LSU dbs and Matthieu can't even stay out of a cop car more so play on a football field. Kid will go 3rd round and be a another pac man jones constanly in trouble...

Advertisement
yea because phillips,merriweather, and rolle are old. Shields very good cb with a ring in the NFL going on his third year in the league.. Peterson is good but the rest meh..

As I stated earlier in this thread, these are the four factors this kid has to face:

1. LSU has recently put tons of kids in the league at many positions, including DB.

2. They play in the SEC and the # 2 team there. Tons of exposure. Compare this to the ACC

3. P@ussy, P@ssy, P@ssy. Golden is on his best behavior and treating a kid to a bowling alley is the best he can get on our recruiting trips. Kid has probably had every P@ssy available in S. Miami Heights, Cutler Ridge and Perrine. Now compare this to 3 nights of orgies similar to what William Williams had.

4. Finally, and this is the most important point, as Scarface (Cane4Life) has clearly stated: "If there is ONE program we need to worry about when they show up on the radar its L$U. Whenver L$U suddenly gets on a player late, VERY $trange thing$ $tart to happen, and we end up losing many of these kids." This is the main worry here.

When you add all of the above items, the Golden Pit Pull has an enormous challenge, in particulary # 4 ($$$$$$).

Last edited:
yea because phillips,merriweather, and rolle are old. Shields very good cb with a ring in the NFL going on his third year in the league.. Peterson is good but the rest meh..

Shields has a Super Bowl ring...and so does Prince Amukamara. That doesn't make Nebraska the authority on DB production. It's really inarguable. Claiborne, Peterson, and Eric Reid have been/will be all Top 10 picks in a 4 year span, and Mathieu would have been if he could stop smoking weed. There's no crime in saying LSU has produced better DB's. It's the truth.

While I agree with your premise, there is no chance that Mathieu was ever going to be a Top 10 pick. He's a gambler with average cover skills and elite return skills.

Advertisement
Golden is the coach now. When the U storms back in two years, there will be no better team to be playing on. No school brings the excitement to college football that Miami bring. Recruits know that. They just need the sense of security in signing with Miami and Golden brings that. The trend at the U is positive and the outlook is great. Recruits can see that. Not worried.

Advertisement
kid reminds me of Antrel Rolle.

I swear to god, I'll pistol whip the next man who says this kid reminds them of Antrel Rolle.

You mean Shenanigans?

Antrel Rolle? Not even the same position.
Rolle was an absolute lockdown corner at Miami and Carter is going to be a safety.
If he reminds me of a former Cane the closed I see would be Tremain Mack and if he's that good then we have a stud.

None of those LSU guys make a difference on the next level. I'm a giants fan and I've been watching Corey Webster *** for a few years. Believe me I know. That Giants secondary is **** with out Antrel and Kenny

The DB position in the league has become the hardest position to play thanks to that ******* Goddell protecting QB's and WR's from any contact, and instilling his league pussification policies. Go Big Blue!

The DB position in the league has become the hardest position to play thanks to that ******* Goddell protecting QB's and WR's from any contact, and instilling his league pussification policies. Go Big Blue!

+1000000000
They might as well play flag football...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back