Jalen Sami NT Grad Transfer in the Portal

I didn't say pull in a slob. But you need to be multiple. Decent teams will still power over you if you can't hold the point of attack. ... I'm talking about the need for a NG, not a specific name. If this guy is at least at the level of a Jordan Miller with a good attitude, then you take a hard look. Not saying he is, I honestly haven't looked at the tape.
He’s not a Jordan Miller.

Advertisement
Most playoff teams have big trench bullies, look what UGA did to TCU. Games are still won and lost upfront, by the big uglies don't kid yourself into thinking anything else.

Go Canes

Of course if you can get size with speed and power that’s your ideal DL. No DL on UGA is just big for the sake of being big. Their “biggest” DL were barely 300 lb athletes. Stackhouse is the heaviest at 320 and he didn’t get much PT - and he’s 10x the athlete Sami is.

Here’s his HS tape being used inside and out.

UGA isn’t bringing in 340 lb space eaters.

Advertisement
He’d probably be starting for us this year. He wasn’t spectacular but he was good at not getting moved off his spot. Which is what you want from a double team eating 1 technique
They want more athletic guys but at this point he might be a better option than nothing. Unless theres a grad transfer or maybe kicking the tires on a dt that’s been in the portal for a good minute. That or make one last run at Rose before he decides.

I guess we’ll see.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They want more athletic guys but at this point he might be a better option than nothing. Unless theres a grad transfer or maybe kicking the tires on a dt that’s been in the portal for a good minute. That ir make one last run at Rose before he decides.

I guess we’ll see.
Where’s Brandon dorelus when you need him lol

I liked Miller and imo showed more than JHH and others. He actually flashed some last year and always had effort. He didn’t quit.
I was disappointed when he went into the portal. Scanned a few of the SMU boards with all the ex canes headed there. Seems they really like Miller and feel he is run stuffing, double team taking DT they have been missing.

Jackson got most of the publicity but for all that size he DID NOT take on doubles well and had some games where he completely disappeared (see FSU). Then all those shenanigans and back and forths on transferring.. I dunno something just seemed a little off with him. I think I would rather have Miller back than Jackson

Advertisement
Back