Jalen Merrick. Want

Advertisement
Wouldn't call him a must get but he would easily become our best Oline commitment and a very talented prospect!

Advertisement
This dude is from NSB!!! My high school shared a stadium with his and I've definitely seen him play but had no idea who he was at the time. Definitely want though.

Like I stated in his thread...he'll be a CANE. I speak with his cousin a lot about getting him to Miami. His dad is all about the []_[]! Just a matter of time.

Ryan Bartow crystalballed him to Miami today so something must be up.

Bartow crystalballed Merrick and Loftus to Miami today, would be a nice boost to this OL class

interdasting.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement

Bartow crystalballed Merrick and Loftus to Miami today, would be a nice boost to this OL class

I'm not big on Loftus but I rather have him then Hayden Mahoney, Tyler Gauthier and Geron Christian.

I agree, to be real and not to disrespect the linemen mention, we should let them go while its early, I heard Mike Horton is interested, Pellage, Bello is not all UF even though he is high on them, and also I would like to see the staff go after ND commit Jerry Tillery, IMO UM offers a similar but better opportunity than ND for him. The location of Coral Gables and South Bend is also lopsided. Also some on here have mentioned Bar Milo. I hope we get Merrick but for future reference the staff needs to be more patient with OLinemen and go for quality not quantity so fast.

I like Geron Christian upside the others.... meh.... i think Loftus is making up for the lost of Feder if he decides to commit here

Advertisement
There is no point in singling out current commits that have done nothing wrong. Use your head guys.

I'm not big on Loftus but I rather have him then Hayden Mahoney, Tyler Gauthier and Geron Christian.

I agree, to be real and not to disrespect the linemen mention, we should let them go while its early, I heard Mike Horton is interested, Pellage, Bello is not all UF even though he is high on them, and also I would like to see the staff go after ND commit Jerry Tillery, IMO UM offers a similar but better opportunity than ND for him. The location of Coral Gables and South Bend is also lopsided. Also some on here have mentioned Bar Milo. I hope we get Merrick but for future reference the staff needs to be more patient with OLinemen and go for quality not quantity so fast.

**** nah about being patient, these kids have there offers and know the train is filling up so they need to get on or get left. They ones you mentioned if not already committed are waiting for schools they really want to offer and are being slow played by the school. Keep in mind Oline as a group generally are the smartest players on the team, so these kids understand the game of recruiting and what can happen by waiting.

Also remember playing in miami is not for everyone, the weather down here is serious. An as for the comment UM offers the same quality of education as ND, UM is a top 40's (47) school come on now we are all UM fans and some are Alumni but ND is a Top 20 (18) which is different academic circle.
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/data

As for Michael Horton , UM has been one of the schools recruiting him the hardest and I would have loved for him to be in the class but he has been slow playing UM an as such his spot may have been filled which is why he is focusing on the SEC.

Horton Article where he referencse's UM was recruiting him the hardest
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/03/three-star_ot_mike_horton_join.html

An this is an excerpt from article on July 7th:
Defensive tackle Michael Horton (6-4, 320, Atlanta, GA Lakeside) recently named a top six consisting of Florida, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee and Georgia. Horton can play both OL and DL but Florida wants him on the defensive line and he’s also very good friends with linebacker Adonis Thomas. Horton is scheduled to visit Florida in July ....

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/post-camp-defensive-line-recruiting-board/

Mahoney and Milo are playing for the US Team in the world High School Football tournament and Mahoney has said he will work on recruiting him there an building a bond. So cutting Mahoney would not be a good PR move (but if necessary then hey), not to mention if he is good enough to be selected to representative the US along with Milo than that says something about his ability wouldn't you think? Now don't get me wrong I thought the Mahoney commitment was a little suspect in terms of his ability vs high level competition, but having been selected for this game we will see what he is made of.

USA 19 and under World Team article with Mahoney and Milo
http://usafootball.com/blogs/u.s.-national-team/post/9055/under-19-team-includes-a-pair-of-blue-chippers-on-the-offensive-line

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back