Jalen Julius

This kid wants in badly. Give him a commutable offer and move him to DB. That way there's no redundancy if both kids sign with Miami. We all know we need quality DB's in this class as well as DT's. IMO

I agree on offering but he wants to play WR

He would fit on offense or defense. Just get the kid in. He can play. Could make a nice slot, return man, or DB.

Advertisement
That school is a Florida play ground if we could snag 2 top guys from there it could help us the next few years

Jalen is legit. VERY legit. He's very fast, great in space with above average hands.

The part about him wanting in is very true. I speak to him, Dexter and McDoom every Friday night and am constantly telling him to come play down south. He has stated multiple time that he's just waiting for an offer. If this kid plays somewhere else it is on the staff 100%

tkp_9038.jpg

Last edited:
Jalen is legit. VERY legit. He's very fast, great in space with above average hands.

The part about him wanting in is very true. I speak to him, Dexter and McDoom every Friday night and am constantly telling him to come play down south. He has stated multiple time that he's just waiting for an offer. If this kid plays somewhere else it is on the staff 100%

View attachment 26566

I'd ask what the **** this staff is waiting for, but what's the point? Any scenario that doesn't involve the staff negligently passing over an opportunity to land Julius, ****ing off Williams in the process, and seeing Dexter eventually flip is difficult to imagine at this point. This staff's incompetence knows no bounds.

It was mentioned in The Work a while back that Williams was actively recruiting for Miami, which was a sign that his commitment was solid. But what happens when Miami doesn't land or outright declines to offer the players Williams is trying to bring with him?

Advertisement

I'd ask what the **** this staff is waiting for, but what's the point? Any scenario that doesn't involve the staff negligently passing over an opportunity to land Julius, ****ing off Williams in the process, and seeing Dexter eventually flip is difficult to imagine at this point. This staff's incompetence knows no bounds.

It was mentioned in The Work a while back that Williams was actively recruiting for Miami, which was a sign that his commitment was solid. But what happens when Miami doesn't land or outright declines to offer the players Williams is trying to bring with him?

I personally think Dexter is solid no matter the Jalen situation but it would only make him happier to play with Jalen. The two are inseperable on the sidelines and seem to be really good friends.

Would be a big mistake not taking Julius. As I've said before. He's a plug and play, could fit on offense, defense or special teams.

Advertisement
Would be a big mistake not taking Julius. As I've said before. He's a plug and play, could fit on offense, defense or special teams.

Wheres our soeed after dorset leaves?

I mean we got Coley. Just has to come out the slump.

Waters is fast too. But he is not like Dorsett, different type of receiver. Move the chain/jump ball/reliable receiver. Can make the downfield plays but not the one we would go to for that.

Berrios and Lewis are slots. They have speed too but not Dorsett speed.

Brady will be a physical with some speed and size. (Same for Gray if he moves to WR)

Langham is a field stretcher/jump ball but not a speedster like Dorsett.

And neither Spence, Chatman and Gossier are speedsters like Dorsett.

Peete who I expect us to land is another big bodied field stretcher/jump ball with Chatman and Gossier, Spence more in Hurns mold has some size and some speed and moves the chains and is reliable and a blocker. And Callaway, he has some speed but not deadly like Dorsett type speed,more of a slot type receiver with great hands and moves.

Coley really is the only one who would fit into that role. Whenever he/we get him back into form.

Which is why....

Julius should definitely be a take though. Cause we could find somewhere to use him whether it be offense,defense or special teams.

I mean Bruce, Snelson and Mullins could fit into that but their all the way in 2016. Even though I expect Bruce to be a slot for us he does have the downfield ability which is a bonus at that position.

Richards is a big bodied athletic freak with speed, he's a different type. But he is a downfield threat as well.

And I expect us to land Pinder and Newbold to add on to that and maybe Lee from Cali. Newbold would fit that mold. Pinder a field stretcher/jump ball and willing blocker with size. And Lee is similar to a Waters mold. He could make the downfield play but he's not the one you'll see us go to for that, he'll move the chains, reliable, and block.

The only potential suitors for what we have in Dorsett in the future is Coley. Julius would bring that if he comes in for 2015, cause or other targets are different types. Then in 2016 the cavalry comes. Bruce, Snelson, Mullins, Richards and Newbold bring that capability of scoring from anywhere.

It's not a knock on the guys we have but we really don't have a lot of the speedster big play guys at the moment.

We have slots(Lewis,Berrios) and big body physicals(Waters,Scott,Brady,Gray) and the tall field stretchers(Langham, Jones). And in 2015 so far we are adding a big body physical(Spence) and two field stretchers(Chatman and Gossier) and the two targets is another field stretcher(Peete) and a slot(Callaway)

But really only two big play threat score from anywhere guys in Dorsett and Coley. And Dorsett graduates this year. That means the only one would be Coley. We need more and I'm glad it's being addressed in 2016 already, but Julius should be a take because he is talented not because he is Dexters boy.

Last edited:
IMO the time to offer Julius is now. Al needs to play the game and throw his Louisville official visit off with a offer while he is down there. With all rumors surrounding Williams, we need to offer his home boy and not have to worry about him decommitting.

Couldn't agree with you more. Julius has skills as well so thats an added plus
IMO the time to offer Julius is now. Al needs to play the game and throw his Louisville official visit off with a offer while he is down there. With all rumors surrounding Williams, we need to offer his home boy and not have to worry about him decommitting.

Advertisement
"I don't know if they'll offer," he said. "The coaches there said to stay patient."

He adds "I'm surprised Miami hasn't offered, I really don't know why."

He lists a top three of Mississippi, Louisville and Missouri. Top three are even Miami is behind them.

Julius spoke with coach Hurlie Brown on Saturday - "he was just asking how I was, things like that," Julius said - and he says teammate Dexter Williams (a Cane commitment) "is pushing for me to get an offer, is always asking coaches about it."

https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1715718

"I don't know if they'll offer," he said. "The coaches there said to stay patient."

He lists a top three of Mississippi, Louisville and Missouri. Top three are even Miami is behind them.

Julius spoke with coach Hurlie Brown on Saturday - "he was just asking how I was, things like that," Julius said - and he says teammate Dexter Williams (a Cane commitment) "is pushing for me to get an offer, is always asking coaches about it."

Damnit mane

Advertisement

This staff is beyond clueless. When Williams flips in part because the staff believes they can land better talent than Julius, the coaches will deserve every bit of criticism that will come their way.

Julius is a Miami-caliber player who can fly and is close with one of our best commits, but they're so dam stubborn that they refuse to offer him. Meanwhile, these same coaches genuinely believe Da'Vante Phillips isn't playing them for fools and won't inevitably end up at FSU.

Recruiting criticism for this staff goes far beyond their inability to keep elite talent home. It's simple, obvious s*** like this after four years that's almost as irritating to witness.

This staff is beyond clueless. When Williams flips in part because the staff believes they can land better talent than Julius, the coaches will deserve every bit of criticism that will come their way.

Julius is a Miami-caliber player who can fly and is close with one of our best commits, but they're so dam stubborn that they refuse to offer him. Meanwhile, these same coaches genuinely believe Da'Vante Phillips isn't playing them for fools and won't inevitably end up at FSU.

Recruiting criticism for this staff goes far beyond their inability to keep elite talent home. It's simple, obvious s*** like this after four years that's almost as irritating to witness.

a lot of the random criticism i read on this board is bs but this is on the money in my view. not offering this kid is inexplicable under the circumstances

Advertisement
Back