Jalen Julius

Hoosiercane3

Freshman
Dexter williams posted about him again on Instagram saying he was working to get him an offer. Without providing him an offer is there a chance Dexter may pull away? Is he the glue or is Dexter pretty solid regardless.

Advertisement
The issue is the very offensive role Miami is recruiting Dexter for is the role Julius would play at Miami, plus Dexter can play RB. So having Julius would be redundant in a year where scholarships spots are tight. Don't get me wrong I really like Julius's athletic ability but this more about need vs want.

Miami needs big boys unpfront more than skill players, he needs to be in the ears of OG Jalen Merrick and DT Kendrick Norton.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Julius I would take in a heartbeat. Plug and play kid. Could play RB/WR/Special Teams or DB.

Kid is the goods and he does want in. Please Please.

Advertisement
Julius I would take in a heartbeat. Plug and play kid. Could play RB/WR/Special Teams or DB.

Nah man, you're doing this wrong. The REAL plan should be to wait until all of our WR/DB targets go elsewhere, then jump on him late, then have him tell us to **** off when he signs with some SEC school, and then watch Dex go with him, and then complain that the cloud did it.

-Al Golden

Nah man, you're doing this wrong. The REAL plan should be to wait until all of our WR/DB targets go elsewhere, then jump on him late, then have him tell us to **** off when he signs with some SEC school, and then watch Dex go with him, and then complain that the cloud did it.

-Al Golden

Well per 2 articles on CS it looks like your prediction is starting to come to fruition, sadly.

https://miami.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=903&script=%2Fcontent%2Easp&cid=1692151

And

https://miami.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=903&script=%2Fcontent%2Easp&cid=1692188

Go Canes

Yep good thing we still got cronkite, oh wait we slow played him and he decommitted. On the bright side we will have room for all those studs that are slow playing us.

Advertisement
If they have to take Julius to keep Dexter so be it. Better to have to quality players then none......

From rivals;

Orlando (FL) West Orange High School WR/DB Jalen Julius, a former Gator commitment, lists 26 scholarship offers.

And while the Hurricanes are hot on his trail, Julius' coach, Bob Head, says it's a "soft offer" from Miami right now.

"I think if it was committable, he would commit to Miami," Head said. "And they need to offer, I know that. He has about 20 schools calling all the time about him. Last year he missed a lot of the year with a concussion, so I guess they want to see how he develops. He's literally dominating this county. I think they'll offer soon."

For his part, Julius says "I've talked to Miami coaches - they say they love how I play. I'm going to be visiting Miami, but I'm not sure when yet."

He hasn't taken any official visits yet and says other than UM and Nebraska he's unsure where he'll visit.

Julius says he's serious about Miami for a couple of reasons.

One is his teammate, Cane commitment Dexter Williams. The two hope to play college ball together.

"He says Miami will be great, that we can both go there and do well," Julius said. "I tell him `You're right,' so that's why I'm looking at Miami."

Julius also says having family in the Miami area helps.

"All my family is down there," Julius said. "I love Miami because I'm from Miami, and there's a lot of tradition there."

He says what he wants in a college program is "a family place, a place where I can win and get a good degree."

Julius says he hopes to have a final decision in place by the end of this month.

"I just want to get it over with," he said.

The chance he picks the Canes?

"I'd say 50 percent," Julius said.

Julius could play wideout or defensive back at the next level, but Head says he prefers wideout.

"He decommitted from Florida because he wanted to play wide receiver," Head said. "But he should be a DB at the next level."

Julius says UF is not under consideration.

This season he has four receiving TDs, four rushing scores and two touchdowns on returns (one punt, one kickoff).

"He's one of the best athletes we've had," Head said. "He can run, he's low 4.4, a 4.3 40. You talk about dynamic - he's 5-11, 180 but tough and real explosive, man. He's fast."

Advertisement
I literally just think of a coach like Patterson or even Narduzzi coming in here, recruiting 5 or 6 of these undersized ballers that Florida churns out per class, and having a ****** nasty defense that forces the issue. Sigh.

This kid wants in badly. Give him a commutable offer and move him to DB. That way there's no redundancy if both kids sign with Miami. We all know we need quality DB's in this class as well as DT's. IMO

Advertisement
We need DL, LB's and Secondary personnel. Another offensive skill player should not be high on the priority list at the moment other than a QB!

Advertisement
Back