Jalen Grimble

Advertisement
He's looked servicable in the limited action Ive seen him. I'm excited to see him over the next few years. If he continues to develop I think he can be good next year and very good by his junior year.

Usually seems to be around the ball. Probably doesn't help that he's had to play both end and tackle.

Advertisement
Kid just needs to get bigger. Looks talented, just needs time in the weight room.

Kid hasn't done anything to catch my eye this year. It's nice to know he's gotten some experience because we need big time production from the DL next year.

Kid has been asked to play DT at 270 pounds. DT is the hardest position for a freshman to step right in.

He's held his own. He will be a good one for us

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think in a couple years we will be wishing we could have redshirted him.

Why's that?

Because phsically he isn't quite their yet, few true freshman DT's are, especially when they're 270-280 lbs. He could've used the redshirt to bulk up and add strength, but atrocious depth necissitated him playing.

Yup and I think he's going to be a good one once he's grown up a bit. Just saying we will be wishing he had another year of eligibility rather than him basically being forced into the lineup this year.

Advertisement
Keep in mind that he is a very young freshman too. I believe he is still only 17 or just turned 18

Advertisement
Back