Jalen Duren

Something seems 'wrong" in mentioning Dewan in the same breath as Walker and Brown. Did he really end his HS career a consensus 5 star?

Be interesting to see the criteria of what constitutes a 4 and 5 star HS rating. Also be interesting to see numerical ratings among 5 stars. I imagine there'd be a pretty big talent gap between the top 5 star (#1 player in the class) and the last kid to get into the 5 star category.

I'm pretty sure Dewan was a consensus 5-star prospect and ranked in every top 25 coming out of high school. Matter of fact, I remember there being plenty of talk of him being a 1 and done kid. While in high school he had too many people around him that wouldn't allow him to settle or fail. Once he got to college, things changed. It'd be easy for folks to put the blame solely on the UM staff, but the fact of the matter is that bad choices (going to UM & running with wrong crowd) and poor work ethic was Dewan's downfall. He's still relatively young and it's not too late for him to turn it around. For his sake I hope he gets his career back on track.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure Dewan was a consensus 5-star prospect and ranked in every top 25 coming out of high school. Matter of fact, I remember there being plenty of talk of him being a 1 and done kid. While in high school he had too many people around him that wouldn't allow him to settle or fail. Once he got to college, things changed. It'd be easy for folks to put the blame solely on the UM staff, but the fact of the matter is that bad choices (going to UM & running with wrong crowd) and poor work ethic was Dewan's downfall. He's still relatively young and it's not too late for him to turn it around. For his sake I hope he gets his career back on track.
As usual, great background, King. Dewan was coming along nicely before that mess hit in his last year. Think he's trying to make the Wiz roster now. Wish him all the best!

Advertisement
Back