Jalean Phillips.....all that needs to be said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His story should be bigger than it is. The media should be eating this up. It will probably happen naturally once he starts playing NFL games. Miami needs to capitalize on how they turned a west coast kid from 5 star failure to a first round pick.
it should be ... but it's the u, nobody got murdered or no boosters paid off players so no news ... that being said, i think he may help us with kelly and steward

What about the kid that ORIGINALLY committed to Miami as a 3 star outta high school, NOT Ucla but MIAMI and became a 1st rounder in ONE season despite being a backup early in that ONE season? Now that's a story worth repeating!!!

His story will be talked about as well, but I think they're just talking about the fact Phillips was the #1 recruit in the country and almost gave up playing completely

Advertisement
His story will be talked about as well, but I think they're just talking about the fact Phillips was the #1 recruit in the country and almost gave up playing completely
I understand all that but GR was rated the 485th player in the nation coming outta high school and still went 1st round despite playing one full season. Much bigger story IMO, but I'm gonna leave this alone now lol.

I understand all that but GR was rated the 485th player in the nation coming outta high school and still went 1st round despite playing one full season. Much bigger story IMO, but I'm gonna leave this alone now lol.
You have an unhealthy obsession of comparing GR15 with JP15. As I said in the other thread Phillips resiliency and drive to succeed in the face of adversity(plus the pro day) is what made him considered the best defensive end in the draft. Can you not be happy for both players?

There are poorly ranked players who are first round picks every year. Phillips has one of the most unique stories of how a number one recruit became number one defensive end in the draft. Everybody’s story is not a straight line and dude still made it. Just a testament to his hard work. Are you a bills fan or only like players who are from Miami bc you should be a fan of both of these players if you are a hurricanes fans.

Advertisement
You have an unhealthy obsession of comparing GR15 with JP15. As I said in the other thread Phillips resiliency and drive to succeed in the face of adversity(plus the pro day) is what made him considered the best defensive end in the draft. Can you not be happy for both players?
I should be asking you and everyone else that starts a Phillips thread that same question! Why the Phillips threads and no GR threads? When he ball out don't come back talking about how proud you are of him and how he's reppin' the U and all that jazz!

There are poorly ranked players who are first round picks every year. Phillips has one of the most unique stories of how a number one recruit became number one defensive end in the draft. Everybody’s story is not a straight line and dude still made it. Just a testament to his hard work. Are you a bills fan or only like players who are from Miami bc you should be a fan of both of these players if you are a hurricanes fans.
I am of fan of both but you guys act like GR had a much easier road than Phillips!

I should be asking you and everyone else that starts a Phillips thread that same question! Why the Phillips threads and no GR threads? When he ball out don't come back talking about how proud you are of him and how he's reppin' the U and all that jazz!
You clearly don’t read my posts because I praise both players

Advertisement
I am of fan of both but you guys act like GR had a much easier road than Phillips!
GR15 didn’t have injuries almost end his career. He also got bad advice from someone and cost himself millions of dollars. You say he did it for his family, I say he took the easy road and would have done a lot more($) for his family if he played this year. GR15 is a freak player don’t agree with some of his off field decisions

ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year 2019

First Team All ACC 2019

2nd Team All American 2019

Freshman All American 2019

All these accomplishments in what, 15 career games?
Didn’t even play in 2020 and still went in the 1st round? Born and raised in the state of Miami?

Nah. His story ain't worth repeating...

GR15 didn’t have injuries almost end his career. He also got bad advice from someone and cost himself millions of dollars. You say he did it for his family, I say he took the easy road and would have done a lot more($) for his family if he played this year. GR15 is a freak player don’t agree with some of his off field decisions
Since when is becoming a millionaire a bad thing??!! If he ain't worried about losing money then why are you??!!

Advertisement
Back