Jalean Phillips.....all that needs to be said.

Quite an accomplishment by him.

Minus the injury, most face challenges in their lives and choose to either just go through the motions or face that challenge straight on.

It sounds like he was close to being someone who used that injury in life as a crutch in a what could've been story. Glad he met the challenge and rose above it.

Advertisement
I don’t think one canes fan likes Tate Martel anymore. Maybe excited when he transferred but he turned into a bust when we really needed a legit QB. Prob only good thing he did was help to recruit Phillips.

Sad thing is you continue to talk about Rousseau in a J Phillips thread. Post a Rousseau thread and I will explain to you why opting out didn’t help his mom. He cost his family millions of dollars which IMO is dumb. Have no problem with it but if I’m the kid and never want my mom to work again I’m trying to become a top 5 pick and that took playing last year. I said he got bad advice bc whoever told him he would still be top 10 after one season of production and average size/speed is an idiot.
You are saying this with the benefit of hindsight. His mom was a covid nurse and not a whole lot was known at the time. There is a full board for that debate, but I am not going to criticize any decision made last year around this time. He still made millions and if he plays up to that level, he will have generational wealth from his second contract, which is the one that really matters in the NFL anyways.

You are saying this with the benefit of hindsight. His mom was a covid nurse and not a whole lot was known at the time. There is a full board for that debate, but I am not going to criticize any decision made last year around this time. He still made millions and if he plays up to that level, he will have generational wealth from his second contract, which is the one that really matters in the NFL anyways.
Have no problem with what he did, saying I would have made a different choice if I was in his shoes. We are also two different people. I never get sick, consider Mysef to have a great immune system. Maybe he is the opposite different variables play into a decision like that. I personally would have played to maximize my potential.

I also respect the **** out of jaelen Phillips for overcoming adversity when almost everything and everyone was telling him to quit and move one. Gotta also give manny props for giving the kid the opportunity.

Have no problem with what he did, saying I would have made a different choice if I was in his shoes. We are also two different people. I never get sick, consider Mysef to have a great immune system. Maybe he is the opposite different variables play into a decision like that. I personally would have played to maximize my potential.
Sure but as far as calling it dumb, 1) I’m not sure anyone know that so many teams would pull players off of boards entirely and 2) what if he did get sick and got myocarditis like Blades? I don’t think there is a right/wrong or smart/dumb way to have handled it. Everyone had to make the best decision for themselves. Being in healthcare and seeing/hearing what was going on, I understand why the child of a covid nurse played it conservative.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back