Jalar Holley working hard..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lookin like a young Brandon Washington with the dreads.
Pick em up and put em down, big fella.
Hard work works.

Advertisement
Advertisement
DT depth should be nice the next two seasons with the guys we’ve brought in.

We’ve done decent there the last few years but hardly great. Have some projects with very good athletic ability for the position but outside of Nesta, who is that bull?

Give him a shirt and hopefully hes making big moves by his RS soph year....

If anyone complains about that time needed remember is the trenches man and you need to have the strength to match the quickness thats why Nesta was barely a blip on the radar

Moves well but he has to work on staying low. He’s exploding up instead of out so his power isn’t being maximized. Small sample to work off on and jmo
I wasn't gonna mention it but since you did, it's great hes showing how hard hes willing to work but he obviously is learning backwards. As high as he breaks any decent lineman will bully him. His balance is off. The plus is jess will fix that quick and turn him and buddy from up top into savage's in the trench

Advertisement
Seems like a focused guy. When I saw him at Paradise, he was first in line for every rep and teaching session. Good sign for a DT.

Biggest thing outside of the kids with obvious talent is effort. You cannot reach effort especially with kids that size who usually are just bigger.

REALLY curious to see who steps up out of Ford, Silvera and Miller......

I wasn't gonna mention it but since you did, it's great hes showing how hard hes willing to work but he obviously is learning backwards. As high as he breaks any decent lineman will bully him. His balance is off. The plus is jess will fix that quick and turn him and buddy from up top into savage's in the trench
Yeah as long as he’s working hard he will be willing to learn and make adjustments to his game. We will be just fine

Regardless how how good he becomes, he is coming in with a great mindset and passion. Two things that apparently have needed improvement. We need younger guys to push Nesta, Miller and the other guys in front.

This team has lacked competition for starting jobs. Seems like we knew the starters going into the season at virtually every position because there has been a lack of quality players behind the first team for the most part.

Hopefully he can make a smooth adjustment getting lower off the snap. I'm hoping his hand placement and footwork will continue to sharpen because if he gets a solid 3-4 moves he can master, i'll be very interested to see how he does in his 2nd year.

Advertisement
Back