Jalar Holley 2019 DT from Buford, GA as a Miami Recruit

Paranos

All-ACC
2019 DT Jalar Holley from Buford, GA is visiting this week from Georgia. The young man is a fast riser that has been offered by several schools that are great at spotting talent. An deserved his own thread, he has been discussed in separate threads previously. He is a 3 Tech with good short area quickness, excellent strength with violent hands, and a high football IQ.

This is a young man Miami's new dline coach Jess Simpson coached a few years ago so this could be an interesting situation given that UM has roughly two spots left to fill at DT in the 2019 class, with several highly rated Florida players still available in a exceptionally deep year for DT's.

Miami & Oregon are Holley's dream schools, and Coach Simpson recently reached out to him.

Link to article.
http://cfbscout.com/2018/02/athlete-update-jalar-holley-jr/

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
DWablrbW0AEShqK.jpg

I trust this staff with commitable offers and Jess knows this kid, but I like Hunter, Tyler ? and Ingraham to pair with Brown and Daxon. Remember we off to a good start with 2020 Moise and Riggins, who has to prove himself at DT this year to maintain his acceptance. Get 4 DT this year and 4 for 2020 and we got the foundation for a consistent playoff contender.

Advertisement
I trust this staff with commitable offers and Jess knows this kid, but I like Hunter, Tyler ? and Ingraham to pair with Brown and Daxon. Remember we off to a good start with 2020 Moise and Riggins, who has to prove himself at DT this year to maintain his acceptance. Get 4 DT this year and 4 for 2020 and we got the foundation for a consistent playoff contender.

That would give us 10 DT on the roster in 2020. I don't remember a Miami team ever carrying that many, it's unrealistic with the 85 limit.

I'd guess we take 3 this year, plus Ingraham who likely grows into a DT, then 2 more in 2020, unless a 3rd guy is a can't miss.

I do agree though that i'd prefer others to this kid. Tyler Davis should be the top target, kid is this year's Nesta

Looked at uga’s Recruiting classes since 2013. I think I only saw 1 DT recruited outside of the state.
I think CMR wants to dip back into that well a bit.

All about building a new pipeline in an area that produces trench guys the way sfla produces skill guys. Yall wanted Jess to recruit and use his ties in GA and thats what he's doing...

Advertisement
Advertisement
All about building a new pipeline in an area that produces trench guys the way sfla produces skill guys. Yall wanted Jess to recruit and use his ties in GA and thats what he's doing...

Bingo.

Advertisement

They have some big ole biscuits n gravy eat'n sumbitch's in Georgia.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back