Jake Swalley-New assistant D-line coach.

Man these kids want coaches who can get them to the NFL by coaching them up in college. They are not looking for a fort night party leader type they can relate to. Yes the kids want a connection with their coach, but it's a teacher with experience an track record that proves the teachers concepts work.

Go Canes.

You're saying absolutely nothing I haven't said in my previous comments. If it was just about playing for a coach who could get you to the NFL then coach Kool would have been an elite recruiter. You need people on your staff that can speak these kids language.

Advertisement
Man these kids want coaches who can get them to the NFL by coaching them up in college. They are not looking for a fort night party leader type they can relate to. Yes the kids want a connection with their coach, but it's a teacher with experience an track record that proves the teachers concepts work.

Go Canes.
Don’t underestimate the power of charisma.

Dude... Are you new to CFB? Have you watched just one Alabama game this past decade? Is this how you evaluate recruits... just watch the last game they played? Forget about all the games that they won to get to the title game... like 7 or 8 times or whatever.

They out recruit, outspend and outcoach everybody but the few teams who can keep up. An army of analysts is a big part of that outspending and outcoaching.

When you have the followers mindset, its hard for you to comprehend, you have alot of learning to do, just dont keep missing the lessons!

Advertisement
When you have the followers mindset, its hard for you to comprehend, you have alot of learning to do, just dont keep missing the lessons!
Actually you may be on to something. How’s about we start setting the trends again?!!

From now on, we will have 3 on field coaches, plus manny. 1 for offense and 2 for special teams. Obvs because D was so good last year, they don’t need coaching. And because ST was so bad... they get 2.

There will be absolutely NO WAY any of thes coaches can cause any internal issues, cause there’s only 3!!

Actually you may be on to something. How’s about we start setting the trends again?!!

From now on, we will have 3 on field coaches, plus manny. 1 for offense and 2 for special teams. Obvs because D was so good last year, they don’t need coaching. And because ST was so bad... they get 2.

There will be absolutely NO WAY any of thes coaches can cause any internal issues, cause there’s only 3!!

How many coaches did we have for the defense last year genius, and with all the new coaches, GA's, quality control guys now on staff, with your logic, the defense should be better than last year's version by a long shot cause we got alot more staff members now!

Th
How many coaches did we have for the defense last year genius, and with all the new coaches, GA's, quality control guys now on staff, with your logic, the defense should be better than last year's version by a long shot cause we got alot more staff members now!
The D absolutely should be better. For a number of reasons. Do you really not understand why?

You must not know how it works then. A player will have communication with all of the coaches at his position before signing.

You're right dude...I just had 4 of my Defensive Linemen sign to D1 schools this signing period but I don't know how this process works. 🙄

Advertisement
First of all...
Coaches recruit by region, not by position. My DT was originally recruited by a Linebacker coach before being passed along to the DL coach. He was offered by a plethora of big-time programs but never ever was recruited by anybody's ASSISTANT Defensive Line coach.

When have y'all ever seen an article stating that a kid had a great relationship with a team's ASSISTANT position coach?

When have you seen any pictures of in-home visits where there was an ASSISTANT position coach present?

You're right dude...I just had 4 of my Defensive Linemen sign to D1 schools this signing period but I don't know how this process works. 🙄

My point was that when u have a coach that is more of a developer than a recruiter, u hire guys that act as a buffer between that coach and the player. Someone who speaks these kids language. Assistant coaches have communication with recruits all the time. I didn't know going in a kids home was the one and only way to recruiter a kid. You learn something new every day. This time from a guy who had not 3, but 4 of his DL go D1 this year, wow.

Th

The D absolutely should be better. For a number of reasons. Do you really not understand why?

Ok, so to be clear, you're saying this year's upcoming defense will be better than last year's defense, lol, im surprised you of all people are making that assumption, you being one of the lead star whores on here, you do know their will be no "5 star" rated players on the d-line, and pat bethel and ford are "3 star" rated players, along with pickney and Mccloud, i know you happy the two "3 star" players on defense graduated in redwine and #28. I know you dont expect much from "3 star" greg rousseau this year either! And i know you'll start holding your breat if jordan miller all of a sudden starts lining up!

Advertisement
My point was that when u have a coach that is more of a developer than a recruiter, u hire guys that act as a buffer between that coach and the player. Someone who speaks these kids language. Assistant coaches have communication with recruits all the time. I didn't know going in a kids home was the one and only way to recruiter a kid. You learn something new every day. This time from a guy who had not 3, but 4 of his DL go D1 this year, wow.

People like you crack me up.
You have zero qualifications relating to this issue but you'll actually sit here and try to educate and/or argue with an actual coach who's been involved in the process.
It takes a special unique amount of pride or stubbornness to argue with somebody about what THEY do for a living/hobby... especially when you have zero experience. I certainly don't walk into a restaurant and tell the cook how to make my food, or tell the dentist how to clean my teeth. Sometimes it's okay to concede and admit that someone knows more about something than you do. (And that maybe you can learn from them) Especially if it's WHAT THEY DO...and have been doing for 12 years.

With that said, I'm going to kindly tell you that you don't know WTF you're talking about.

My kids never met, talked to or were recruited by anybody's assistant coach. The only assistant DL coach my kid spoke too, was the team that he eventually signed with. And that was later in the recruiting process once it was determined that he was coming.

A kid might speak to an assistant coach in passing, or briefly on the phone, but he's never being actively recruited by an assistant position coach. Doesn't happen.

If that was the case then every school would just hire technicians as position coaches, and reserve assistant spots for ace recruiters. But nobody does that. Every **** DL coach in America would be coach Kool. That's not the case though. You look around the country and relatively unqualified High School coaches are getting (primary) college position jobs because of their local ties to the community. They're not getting assistant position jobs.

Damon Cogdell wasn't hired as an assistant DL coach at USF, he was hired as the main DL coach. (DE's to be specific) And not because he can coach DL, but because of his recruiting ties.

We hired Ice Harris as an RB coach, not as an "assistant" RB coach.

Tell me why, in all the years that I've been coaching, and all the kids I've had recruited, I've never met one single assistant position coach. LOL

Ok, so to be clear, you're saying this year's upcoming defense will be better than last year's defense, lol, im surprised you of all people are making that assumption, you being one of the lead star whores on here, you do know their will be no "5 star" rated players on the d-line, and pat bethel and ford are "3 star" rated players, along with pickney and Mccloud, i know you happy the two "3 star" players on defense graduated in redwine and #28. I know you dont expect much from "3 star" greg rousseau this year either! And i know you'll start holding your breat if jordan miller all of a sudden starts lining up!
Calvin,

1985 called. They want you back.

Advertisement
A kid might speak to an assistant coach in passing, or briefly on the phone, but he's never being actively recruited by an assistant position coach. Doesn't happen.

If that was the case then every school would just hire technicians as position coaches, and reserve assistant spots for ace recruiters. But nobody does that. Every **** DL coach in America would be coach Kool. That's not the case though. You look around the country and relatively unqualified High School coaches are getting (primary) college position jobs because of their local ties to the community. They're not getting assistant position jobs.

Damon Cogdell wasn't hired as an assistant DL coach at USF, he was hired as the main DL coach. (DE's to be specific) And not because he can coach DL, but because of his recruiting ties.

We hired Ice Harris as an RB coach, not as an "assistant" RB coach.

Tell me why, in all the years that I've been coaching, and all the kids I've had recruited, I've never met one single assistant position coach. LOL

Shots fired !

He learned under our former coach Rick Petri at La Tech, who was very solid for us and coached our preferred style of play. Bring in as many of these type of dudes as possible.

Advertisement
Back