Jake Odonnell

Advertisement
To me Stan Dobard needs to be a playmaker at TE this year. He has the tools he just needs to put it together. I'm actually very high on our TE's as a unit. Between Dobard, Herndon, Washington, O'Donnell and Njoku there is a ton of athleticism and potential. It's up to the coaching staff to get it out of them which is the scary part.

Ive refrained from commenting on Jake O' mainly because his dad posts/lurks here.

That said, Ive been consistently disappointed in him. As the OP noted, he has the tools but something doesnt seem to click with him. Cant put my finger on it.

I remember seeing him in the 2013 Naples high scrimmage. He gave up on a route in the end zone that would have been a TD. It soured me on him a little bit.

I also tend to wonder if his athleticism really is at this level. Im not sure if my opinion isn't rooted in my anti-new jersey bent. I hope the kid gets his chance this season. As always, he's a Cane and would love for him to prove me wrong.

O'Donnell is from Doylestown, PA not New Jersey. I have wondered what has been going on with him as well.

Go Canes

Another sad story where a recruit gets on Al's shiitelist and ends up being buried despite talent. Dobard has shown very little.

O'Donnell can be nice, but Standish Dobard is the boss of this group. We are going to have success if he is doing well. Just need him to work on holding on to the ball and catching a little bit more, but he is already a beast at run blocking.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back