Jake Odonnell

Advertisement
He looks the part but can he play? We will never know. If he can't get in. I'm not that big on dobard honestly.

Last edited:
Ive refrained from commenting on Jake O' mainly because his dad posts/lurks here.

That said, Ive been consistently disappointed in him. As the OP noted, he has the tools but something doesnt seem to click with him. Cant put my finger on it.

I remember seeing him in the 2013 Naples high scrimmage. He gave up on a route in the end zone that would have been a TD. It soured me on him a little bit.

I also tend to wonder if his athleticism really is at this level. Im not sure if my opinion isn't rooted in my anti-new jersey bent. I hope the kid gets his chance this season. As always, he's a Cane and would love for him to prove me wrong.

Jake O'Donnell is soft as baby **** and yet another whiff in the realm of recruiting. We signed this kid, meanwhile Joey Bosa never got so much as a phone call from UM.

Advertisement
Dobard didn't play well today. ODonnell looked good. Still not ready to give up on Dobard though. He's got big time potential.

Advertisement
Ive refrained from commenting on Jake O' mainly because his dad posts/lurks here.

That said, Ive been consistently disappointed in him. As the OP noted, he has the tools but something doesnt seem to click with him. Cant put my finger on it.

I remember seeing him in the 2013 Naples high scrimmage. He gave up on a route in the end zone that would have been a TD. It soured me on him a little bit.

I also tend to wonder if his athleticism really is at this level. Im not sure if my opinion isn't rooted in my anti-new jersey bent. I hope the kid gets his chance this season. As always, he's a Cane and would love for him to prove me wrong.

Same was said about Chick. Now he's leaving this staff and is going to be an NFL player for awhile

I GUARANTEE Jake the Snake becomes a solid player in the NFL.

#88 looked very good today. He does not possess the speed we normally out of our TE's but 88 showed he could play. Ran good routes, made some solid catches, showed some toughness going over the middle to make a catch and broke some tackles.

#88 will play this fall.

Advertisement

O'Donnell is from Doylestown, PA not New Jersey. I have wondered what has been going on with him as well.

Go Canes

#88 looked very good today. He does not possess the speed we normally out of our TE's but 88 showed he could play. Ran good routes, made some solid catches, showed some toughness going over the middle to make a catch and broke some tackles.

#88 will play this fall.

In this style of offense, we don't really need any of the above from JOD. If He's gonna be the 2nd or 3rd TE on this team, He just has to be the best blocker on the line...Him & Washington. I think Dobard & Herndon will take care of the catching duties from the Y & H-Back positions.

Last edited:

O'Donnell is from Doylestown, PA not New Jersey.

Go Canes

Are those different??? :apple:

Advertisement
Jake looked like the best TE today ... Dobard couldn't catch a ball, Washington looked slow, and nijocu or however you say spell his name played more wr than tight end. Dobard does have the most upside though.

Jake odonnell looked real good in spring game. He will eat someone's mins. Dude is 6'5 250 and he got vertical on routes and made catches and got whacked

Ive refrained f-om commenting on Jake O' mainly because his dad posts/lurks here.

O'Donnell is from Doylestown, PA not New Jersey. I have wondered what has been going on with him as well.

Go Canes

We had an A-A TE from PA: Glen Dennison.

Advertisement
Back