Jake Heaps threw 4 interceptions then NY Jets released him

Cane2

Band
Banned
The Jets held their final day of training camp at their Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. The Jets brought in QB journey Josh Johnson for a workout Thursday, and that might have spooked 4th string Jets QB Jake Heaps, out of the University of Miami and previously the No. 1 prep QB out of High School, as he got the infamous note to go see the coach to talk, turn in his key and locker. Even though Jake did not get that chance to start one game for UM in 2014, his body of work secured an extended look to make a 53-man NFL roster all the way to the final practice day of the 2015 of training. May the Heapster latch to a practice squad while continuing to work on his craft.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our third string qb got a chance to try out for an NFL team. I seriously can't understand how we lost 7 games last year.

"an extended look to make a 53-man NFL roster all the way to the final practice day of the 2015 training camp"

Not trying to be funny but he never should have got an invite. That being said, being on the training camp roster is an accomplishment in itself. Nothing to hang his hat on. He accomplish something that a lot of college qbs didn't do.

Advertisement
Hopefully the guy got his degree and is able to secure a role in the private sector, football ain't happening.

Hopefully the guy got his degree and is able to secure a role in the private sector, football ain't happening.

Com'on Scuba, the mere reality that in '14 he was here soon after his last stint in '13 is indisputable fact of Jake already having a degree; still he might latch to a practice squad

cfl or practice squad can be good money.

Realize....Your boy Stephen Morris cashing nfl checks.

Jacory Harris is making cfl money...Dont know how much....but its more than $50-60,000 for a few months out of the year.

Advertisement
Not trying to be funny but he never should have got an invite. That being said, being on the training camp roster is an accomplishment in itself. Nothing to hang his hat on. He accomplish something that a lot of college qbs didn't do.

"Nothing to hang his hat on?" I think that you are using that phrase incorrectly. It's actually something to hang his hat on.

cfl or practice squad can be good money.

Realize....Your boy Stephen Morris cashing nfl checks.

Jacory Harris is making cfl money...Dont know how much....but its more than $50-60,000 for a few months out of the year.

Average CFL salary in 2014 was $80,000. Rookie min. is $50,000.

Advertisement

"Nothing to hang his hat on?" I think that you are using that phrase incorrectly. It's actually something to hang his hat on.

You're right. I meant "hang his head". Thanks for the correction.

I watched Josh Johnson in person at Bengals camp last week. It's amazing that he's been around long enough to even be called a 'journeyman'. He can't throw a spiral to save his life. My 15 year old pointed out that he doesn't use the laces when he throws. He looked terrible. AJ McCarron also looked awful. Guy has no arm at all.

Advertisement
Back