Jake Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Regardless of how it plays out, anyone just assuming that Garcia would flip here is simply a gigantic homer who isn't paying attention to what's going on in the world right now. The same reason we are recruiting at such a high level is why Garcia is ultimately going to wind up at USC. Can't have it both ways. Kid sees an opportunity to stay close to home and compete right away for a starting job and that's what we are also selling local recruits

Maybe. I don't read the gator sites. Someone here said they saw it there. Maybe those guys got it from here and it's one big circle jerk. In any case, it would be ridiculous to think Lashlee- who recruited Stone and by all accounts had a great relationship with the kid- hasn't had a friendly chat or two with Stone since leaving SMU. Does that mean Stone is interested in Miami right now? No. But if SMU struggles offensively (and I think they will be significantly worse without Lashlee) and King puts up Heisman numbers (I believe he will), then Stone will be much more interested in what Miami offers. I doubt his dad would want his son to play in a ****ty offense in a non P5 conference and blow his chances at being a top draft pick just because he donates a lot to the school. The problem though is whether we will have a spot left in a few months given the caliber of other players supposedly wanting in.

There is always a spot for 1 quality qb in any class.

Go Canes

Advertisement
It amazes me with the team being assembled you would think QB’s would be throwing there body’s up against OC door trying to get in but nothing dead quite.

Please any explanations?

GOCANES

It amazes me with the team being assembled you would think QB’s would be throwing there body’s up against OC door trying to get in but nothing dead quite.

Please any explanations?

GOCANES
King, Perry, Martell, Matocha, VanDyke. Whoever's next has a lot of bench time coming....

Advertisement

Please any explanations?

GOCANES

just as were locking down SFL, its similar with QB. all the big prospects are OOS generally and if they havent been down here already, they wont be coming down. hard to convince a QB to sign up with a school esp during Covid without even a visit. the only one of the elite ones that actually took a trip and spent time with coaches (tho not lashlee) is Garcia.

King, Perry, Martell, Matocha, VanDyke. Whoever's next has a lot of bench time coming....

also this plays a factor. QBs expect to play right away. no one waits it out anymore. Fields expected to play right away at UGA, lawrence did too. if youre elite at QB, youre going to play asap. the waiting game is over now

Would he forego the mlb draft though?

his point is if it takes away from UF (both squads) then its worth it even if he does get drafted and signs. the guy signing this year wont be playing anyways esp with TVD having four years, perry having 2, Martell having 2.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Please any explanations?

GOCANES
There's been no visits & none of the QB's have been able to see what our offense will look like, therefore it's a tougher sell.

And because South FL doesn't produce enough good QB's every year, we're stuck in the wind not having one in our backyard to fall back on like other regions do.

We also dragged our feet with early offers to QB's, obviously no one expected for a Global pandemic to breakout & cancel all traveling for months at a time, but had we been a little more aggressive earlier in the year with more offers we'd probably have a QB by now.

I know the mantra is 1 an per class but if we can really close with elite talent elsewhere what if we took a you g promising transfer and counted it as a spot next yr?
There aren't any left in the Portal that fit that description.

There aren't any left in the Portal that fit that description.
Yeah I meant bank on one inevitably being there next year. It’s very risky though. I don’t even know if I’d do it but that would depend on who we could possibly fill our last 21 spots with.

Yeah I meant bank on one inevitably being there next year. It’s very risky though. I don’t even know if I’d do it but that would depend on who we could possibly fill our last 21 spots with.
Depends on how TVD progress too. Would be way more comfortable knowing TVD is already mastering the offense and putting up numbers with the second team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back