Jake Garcia gets a visit from Lashlee

Advertisement
Browning was nothing special for sure. But that system Washington ran didn’t do him any favors.
Browning left Washington as a 4 Year Starter and put up 110 Total TDs 34INTs and around 12,500 Total Yards. Browning would be the best QB we had since Dorsey. His Sophomore year he was one of the best QBs in college football. 47 Totals TDs 9ints and 3,400 Yards. If we get a Browning type QB we will win 10+ game's every season for the next 4 years

Just wanted to clarify Garcia's stats because I saw someone earlier post his sophomore stats as the reference:

SO: 15 tds 5 int 2,130 yards at 75.7% (missed the first month of football due to transfer rules

JR: 25 tds 2,301 yards at 70% (9 games)

Also, his full HUDL tape is from his Sophomore season, if that is what you guys are watching to judge him.

Browning left Washington as a 4 Year Starter and put up 110 Total TDs 34INTs and around 12,500 Total Yards. Browning would be the best QB we had since Dorsey. His Sophomore year he was one of the best QBs in college football. 47 Totals TDs 9ints and 3,400 Yards. If we get a Browning type QB we will win 10+ game's every season for the next 4 years

I mean I had to make sure I wasn’t the one trippin when I was reading some of these comments, lol. Yeah of course we want BETTER than Browning but the same Browning that took UW to the playoffs and had them in a competitive game early on against the eventual national champion?? The same Browning that put up those numbers that you already posted so I don’t have to repeat it?? I wouldve killed for Browning here for a year or two after Kaaya left lol. Anywho, we’ll cross that bridge with Garcia when we cross it, hopefully.

Advertisement
I mean I had to make sure I wasn’t the one trippin when I was reading some of these comments, lol. Yeah of course we want BETTER than Browning but the same Browning that took UW to the playoffs and had them in a competitive game early on against the eventual national champion?? The same Browning that put up those numbers that you already posted so I don’t have to repeat it?? I wouldve killed for Browning here for a year or two after Kaaya left lol. Anywho, we’ll cross that bridge with Garcia when we cross it, hopefully.
Yeah I would be more then thrilled with a Browning. I think some fans just assume these 5 Star QBs should end up becoming early round draft picks and Heisman candidates when most of them actually become bust. Just because a college QB doesn't go on to become a NFL starter doesn't mean he wasn't a great college QB. If we can recruit a Browning talent at QB, that's pretty much a guarantee 40+ wins in the next 4 years and several Costal titles if he stays healthy. If we go on a run like that we will have top 10 Recruiting classes every year.

Last edited:
Greg Biggins(Best insider on the west coast):

Miami would probably be his top choice if he were to de-commit but I don't see that happening right now. Miami was his runner-up before he committed to SC and with Moss committing to SC, I'm sure there are Cane fans hopeful they can flip him but he's locked in and has a very good relationship with Graham Harrell and Clay Helton.
So he’ll flip in December when they fire Helton. Thanks Greg, always helpful.

Advertisement
USC 247:

The last time USCFootball.com spoke with USC 2021 commit Jake Garcia the world was a much different place; Garcia was coming off his L.A. Elite 11 appearance and USC's recruiting class was on the verge of taking off. The nation was also about to enter quarantine.

On Saturday, Garcia spent the afternoon with a small collection of high-end QBs at a quarterback training session near San Diego, one of several he's done during the pandemic.

"It's definitely a blessing. We can't take that for granted. I mean, all these kids out here are trying to get better. We're just blessed to have this available to us, to have coach Danny (Hernandez), so giving, just trying to give back to us and share his knowledge ... and just get better, one percent better, every single time that we come out here," said Garcia. "So I mean, that's something you can't take for granted. And a lot of kids don't have this opportunity. I'm sure they're getting work. They're finding ways to get their work in, but we're just honestly blessed that we have this opportunity."

Of course the biggest USC change since that April interview at Cerritos College has been the recent addition of another quarterback to the 2021 class, fellow SoCal native and training partner Miller Moss.

"Miller's a great kid, Miller's a great football player and a great quarterback. And iron sharpens iron, so I look forward to building the class together," said Garcia of his reaction. "We've put together a great class already and I feel like that this just boosts our class. We're going to take it and run with it for sure."

Garcia has always been aware that USC is taking two quarterbacks in the 2021 cycle, but he wasn't told directly it was going to be Moss leading up to the commitment earlier this June.

"They didn't make it aware that it was Miller. But I had a feeling and honestly they said that it was gonna be another quarterback soon, so I was just like okay, 'iron sharpens iron.' So bringing in whoever, it's gonna be a really fun, a really competitive mindset and and just everyday going into a very talented QB room," he said. "So everybody's gonna elevate their game and take themselves to a new level."

The fact that Moss and Garcia already have a prior friendship makes a difference compared to USC landing the second QB out of Texas or Washington.

"Whoever is in that QB room with me, I mean we are gonna be with each other every single day and we are gonna end up being really close. But to have Miller aboard, somebody that I already have an established relationship with is pretty cool," said Garcia. "We already have that competitive edge towards both of us. We see each other every camp, work out with each other a bunch. We have that middle tie in with Coach Hernandez, both from Southern California, so I mean, it's a really fun environment to be in and I'm really excited to see it."

Moss told USCFootball.com after he committed he hoped to collaborate with Garcia in recruiting efforts. Garcia echoed that sentiment over the weekend.

"We haven't put our heads together on it yet. I know we're both trying to get the same kids," he said. "So I mean, you have two quarterbacks, right? And we're both trying to get the same kids, so I mean that's more of a push on the kids. I think it's gonna be very helpful."

Garcia made it clear we wants a united effort to recruit prospects with Moss, not a situation where Garcia will handle the recruitment for X players while Moss handles the recruitment of Y players.

"No, no, no, no, we can't do that," he said quickly. "Because that divides the class. You don't want to divide the class. Two quarterbacks, many people think that will divide the class just in itself. I feel like we can – this is the thing about us already having this relationship. If it was just a random kid from from Texas or from Florida or wherever then I think it would be different. I think it would be more of a competitive recruiting thing rather than collaborative. We're both right now trying to come together and just build greatness again in USC."

USC's recruiting class currently sits at No. 4 nationally and there is plenty of work to be done in the eyes of Garcia.

"We're not done. We're not done. I'm super excited, but just taking it day by day. Try not to get too ahead of ourselves right now. I was talking to Coach KC (Keary Colbert) and he said, 'the thing is, you don't want to get too far ahead of yourself. You want to make the best memories you can right now in high school and build a relationship with those kids in high school. The rest of the stuff will fall in place.' So I mean, just little things like this, like coming out and putting your all into the workout today is big. You don't want to get sidetracked and lose sight, and you're not out here thinking about recruiting, you're out here getting yourself better. And as you get yourself better other people will gravitate to you."

Another big change in the recruiting landscape was the de-commitment of five-star Corona (Calif.) defensive end Korey Foreman, the No. 1 target on USC's board. Garcia stated in his last interview that he planned to continue pushing for Foreman despite the initial Clemson commitment.

"I have been talking to him. We have some mutual friends away from football. So that's a good tie into it, and we'll see each other and talk on the phone and stuff like that. And I don't make (the conversations) all about football because there's more to life than football," said Garcia. "So at the end of the day, I want to recruit somebody how I would want to be recruited. I would want somebody to actually care about me first and then my recruitment. But at the end of the day, I just want what's best for Korey. Wherever he goes he will be great. And we'll get him to USC, he should be great at USC."

The addition of Moss has put a fear in Trojan fans that Garcia might start to look elsewhere. Garcia confirmed that other schools continue to recruit him and that he's keeping up relationships with other programs. But he also spoke about his future at USC; for one he's excited to meet Reggie Bush on campus.

"I can't wait to build a relationship with him and and I just think it's a big win for the program and for L.A. itself. I was definitely a Reggie Bush fan, I wanted to be as fast as him," he said with a laugh.

"I'm definitely looking forward to being in the presence of greatness," he added. "And that's a person that you need to take every little bit of knowledge from that you can. Ask questions and just try to take little nuggets of advice that they give you and just run with them."

Advertisement
USC 247:

The last time USCFootball.com spoke with USC 2021 commit Jake Garcia the world was a much different place; Garcia was coming off his L.A. Elite 11 appearance and USC's recruiting class was on the verge of taking off. The nation was also about to enter quarantine.

On Saturday, Garcia spent the afternoon with a small collection of high-end QBs at a quarterback training session near San Diego, one of several he's done during the pandemic.

"It's definitely a blessing. We can't take that for granted. I mean, all these kids out here are trying to get better. We're just blessed to have this available to us, to have coach Danny (Hernandez), so giving, just trying to give back to us and share his knowledge ... and just get better, one percent better, every single time that we come out here," said Garcia. "So I mean, that's something you can't take for granted. And a lot of kids don't have this opportunity. I'm sure they're getting work. They're finding ways to get their work in, but we're just honestly blessed that we have this opportunity."

Of course the biggest USC change since that April interview at Cerritos College has been the recent addition of another quarterback to the 2021 class, fellow SoCal native and training partner Miller Moss.

"Miller's a great kid, Miller's a great football player and a great quarterback. And iron sharpens iron, so I look forward to building the class together," said Garcia of his reaction. "We've put together a great class already and I feel like that this just boosts our class. We're going to take it and run with it for sure."

Garcia has always been aware that USC is taking two quarterbacks in the 2021 cycle, but he wasn't told directly it was going to be Moss leading up to the commitment earlier this June.

"They didn't make it aware that it was Miller. But I had a feeling and honestly they said that it was gonna be another quarterback soon, so I was just like okay, 'iron sharpens iron.' So bringing in whoever, it's gonna be a really fun, a really competitive mindset and and just everyday going into a very talented QB room," he said. "So everybody's gonna elevate their game and take themselves to a new level."

The fact that Moss and Garcia already have a prior friendship makes a difference compared to USC landing the second QB out of Texas or Washington.

"Whoever is in that QB room with me, I mean we are gonna be with each other every single day and we are gonna end up being really close. But to have Miller aboard, somebody that I already have an established relationship with is pretty cool," said Garcia. "We already have that competitive edge towards both of us. We see each other every camp, work out with each other a bunch. We have that middle tie in with Coach Hernandez, both from Southern California, so I mean, it's a really fun environment to be in and I'm really excited to see it."

Moss told USCFootball.com after he committed he hoped to collaborate with Garcia in recruiting efforts. Garcia echoed that sentiment over the weekend.

"We haven't put our heads together on it yet. I know we're both trying to get the same kids," he said. "So I mean, you have two quarterbacks, right? And we're both trying to get the same kids, so I mean that's more of a push on the kids. I think it's gonna be very helpful."

Garcia made it clear we wants a united effort to recruit prospects with Moss, not a situation where Garcia will handle the recruitment for X players while Moss handles the recruitment of Y players.

"No, no, no, no, we can't do that," he said quickly. "Because that divides the class. You don't want to divide the class. Two quarterbacks, many people think that will divide the class just in itself. I feel like we can – this is the thing about us already having this relationship. If it was just a random kid from from Texas or from Florida or wherever then I think it would be different. I think it would be more of a competitive recruiting thing rather than collaborative. We're both right now trying to come together and just build greatness again in USC."

USC's recruiting class currently sits at No. 4 nationally and there is plenty of work to be done in the eyes of Garcia.

"We're not done. We're not done. I'm super excited, but just taking it day by day. Try not to get too ahead of ourselves right now. I was talking to Coach KC (Keary Colbert) and he said, 'the thing is, you don't want to get too far ahead of yourself. You want to make the best memories you can right now in high school and build a relationship with those kids in high school. The rest of the stuff will fall in place.' So I mean, just little things like this, like coming out and putting your all into the workout today is big. You don't want to get sidetracked and lose sight, and you're not out here thinking about recruiting, you're out here getting yourself better. And as you get yourself better other people will gravitate to you."

Another big change in the recruiting landscape was the de-commitment of five-star Corona (Calif.) defensive end Korey Foreman, the No. 1 target on USC's board. Garcia stated in his last interview that he planned to continue pushing for Foreman despite the initial Clemson commitment.

"I have been talking to him. We have some mutual friends away from football. So that's a good tie into it, and we'll see each other and talk on the phone and stuff like that. And I don't make (the conversations) all about football because there's more to life than football," said Garcia. "So at the end of the day, I want to recruit somebody how I would want to be recruited. I would want somebody to actually care about me first and then my recruitment. But at the end of the day, I just want what's best for Korey. Wherever he goes he will be great. And we'll get him to USC, he should be great at USC."

The addition of Moss has put a fear in Trojan fans that Garcia might start to look elsewhere. Garcia confirmed that other schools continue to recruit him and that he's keeping up relationships with other programs. But he also spoke about his future at USC; for one he's excited to meet Reggie Bush on campus.

"I can't wait to build a relationship with him and and I just think it's a big win for the program and for L.A. itself. I was definitely a Reggie Bush fan, I wanted to be as fast as him," he said with a laugh.

"I'm definitely looking forward to being in the presence of greatness," he added. "And that's a person that you need to take every little bit of knowledge from that you can. Ask questions and just try to take little nuggets of advice that they give you and just run with them."
If I was new to recruiting, I would say ****, this kid is 1000% solid. Maybe we should let it go. But yeah, my prediction is we shouldn't expect anything until during/after the season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back