Jake Garcia gets a visit from Lashlee

I mean, he’s not wrong. I wouldn’t stop at just FIU, Duke and La Tech. What about Georgia Tech. Those losses are beyond embarrassing.. and barely beating Central Michigan? Listen, if we played in the SEC or B1G, I get it. Deep conferences with many quality teams. The ACC coastal is GARBAGE. I think there’s been a different coastal winner every year for the last 7 years? It’s the worst division out of any power 5 conference. And we still can’t win it. As a program, we have one bowl victory in the last 14 years... only have won our division once since joining the ACC in 2004. That’s insane. But with this schedule and the talent we have for 2020, it’s not crazy to expect double digit wins. Sometimes I’m shocked at how many great recruits we still get. Diaz must be a better recruiter than we think, because we was literally out coached in every single game last year. I don’t have doubts about our talent- it’s there to win this division. Manny and Baker really scare me as coaches.
I don't think that word means what you think it means. They weren't out-coached against Virginia, Florida State, or Louisville. I get you want to drag everyone down the path of misery, but you literally could have made your point without saying that part.

Advertisement
I don't think that word means what you think it means. They weren't out-coached against Virginia, Florida State, or Louisville. I get you want to drag everyone down the path of misery, but you literally could have made your point without saying that part.
I want to drag everyone down the path of *reality*. What I said in my post is the *reality* of this program. We don’t need to dwell on last years awful season, but we do need to learn from it. You gave me a thumbs down for basically saying “water is wet”.

I just think dudes original post about Manny stopping the offense was stupid and doesn’t make any sense. Even though I’d disagree, it’d at least make some sense if the players listed were on D.

Ok he hired Enos but he fired him and then hired an OC that (most) everyone thinks will do great. It’s just taking another shot at our coach as if that’s not done enough already and at a time when we have positive momentum. Don’t see the point except to try and generate likes and laughs from the other posters that hate our coach.

I just think dudes original post about Manny stopping the offense was stupid and doesn’t make any sense. Even though I’d disagree, it’d at least make some sense if the players listed were on D.

Ok he hired Enos but he fired him and then hired an OC that (most) everyone thinks will do great. It’s just taking another shot at our coach as if that’s not done enough already and at a time when we have positive momentum. Don’t see the point except to try and generate likes and laughs from the other posters that hate our coach.

Exactly. Say what you want about Manny’s first year but the man can recruit, and he diagnosed and fixed (we hope) our most glaring issues. There’s still work to be done but you can’t turn over an entire staff and expect things to click. Hopefully next year we’ll see an upgrade or two on the defensive side of the staff (Patke)

Advertisement
I get it I hated Manny last year I thought he was lost but based on what he has done this off season he might know a little something and he deserves the chance to make it right this season

he deserves the blame for last year but he also deserves some credit quickly correcting his mistakes (whether it was in the QB room, O staff, etc.).

I wouldn’t assume Garcia beats out TVD.

TVD has superior physical tools and has also performed on the field.
I think far too many people are sleeping on TVD. I get it, we all want the next, great thing at QB, but let's not forget who we have on the roster. I think both TVD and Matocha could do well in Lashlee's O. ****, I thing Perry could as well.

I get it I hated Manny last year I thought he was lost but based on what he has done this off season he might know a little something and he deserves the chance to make it right this season
Last chance... If he can't win with what we have coming in, he needs to do the right thing and resign. Our schedule is soft as melted butter, and if he makes it look hard, man, he has to go.

Advertisement
I think far too many people are sleeping on TVD. I get it, we all want the next, great thing at QB, but let's not forget who we have on the roster. I think both TVD and Matocha could do well in Lashlee's O. ****, I thing Perry could as well.
No one is sleeping on TVD, but if Garcia comes to us, that’s another blue Chip QB that’s pushing for that job and pushing TVD. Competition breeds greatness. And if TVD doesn’t pan out then we have Garcia who hopefully can

Doesn't seem like many are sleeping on Van *******. He's got tools, and everyone is hyping the **** out of him. We do need to sign a top QB every cycle though. I'm not as sold on Garcia as most are, but if he's Lashlee's guy, then I'll buy in until Lashlee proves I shouldn't.

Doesn't seem like many are sleeping on Van *******. He's got tools, and everyone is hyping the **** out of him. We do need to sign a top QB every cycle though. I'm not as sold on Garcia as most are, but if he's Lashlee's guy, then I'll buy in until Lashlee proves I shouldn't.

Im 100% in agreement ...You should absolutely go after a QB every cycle...

Advertisement
Exactly. As hype as the fans seem to be about Garcia, not even sure Lashlee has him over Milroe. I'm purely spitballing, though.

Exactly. As hype as the fans seem to be about Garcia, not even sure Lashlee has him over Milroe. I'm purely spitballing, though.
My opinion/guess- unless Texas has a bad season (I don’t think they will), Milroe isn’t de-committing. Garcia is more realistic of an option.

Advertisement

Careful, I questioned Garcia’s hype and a bunch of Karen’s came out. That being said, I do hope we get him. Stack up. Compete. Be a winner or transfer.

Im 100% in agreement ...You should absolutely go after a QB every cycle...

Yes, but there is always an exception that proves the rule. And this year may just be that exception.

If Garcia isn't interested or is over-hyped, and there isn't a great alternative, I don't think you waste precious spots on a JAG at QB. We don't need another one, we already have enough. And especially if Perry, Martell and DVD can't develop enough to be the starter once King graduates, you have to burn that spot on a transfer. This is one of those rare situations where I think that Lashlee is right to look both ways before crossing.

Advertisement
Back