Jakai Robinson status

anandris

Recruit
SIAP but is he redshirting this season? Injured? Is he still part of the program? More so a question for next years team than this years

Advertisement
Why was that the plan? Feel like he could provide more depth when we get into the thick of the ACC schedule. If Bensley is in the rotation there’s no reason Jakai shouldn’t be imo
I agree. It doesn't make sense to me either, especially because of all of the COVID cases. You can never have too much depth. Plus, redshirting players doesn't make much sense anymore due to the transfer portal.

Advertisement
Not enough minutes to go around, they felt it better to redshirt him until Kam and Charlie (and probably Wong) are gone. He gets a year of practice to work on his game and get plenty of PT next year. L didn't rule out use him though

I wonder if defense was the deciding factor as to who redshirted? Maybe not, as almost all freshmen have a lot to learn about playing good defense.

Not enough minutes to go around, they felt it better to redshirt him until Kam and Charlie (and probably Wong) are gone. He gets a year of practice to work on his game and get plenty of PT next year. L didn't rule out use him though
Riding the Bench does not make you a better player.

Advertisement
Jakai wasn't ready to contribute this season. The other freshmen brought more to the table coming in, particularly ball-handling and on D. Staff didn't think having Jakai take minutes from Wong or McGusty would've benifited the team. I have been hearing good things about him, so expect him to make a big jump in the rotation next season.

Jakai wasn't ready to contribute this season. The other freshmen brought more to the table coming in, particularly ball-handling and on D. Staff didn't think having Jakai take minutes from Wong or McGusty would've benifited the team. I have been hearing good things about him, so expect him to make a big jump in the rotation next season.
Yeah, he's got some size. Wonder if he grew any while sitting out?

Looked a little undersized, weight-wise, so that may be another reason why he was redshirted. Not afraid to rebound and pretty aggressive driving the ball from what I understand. UConn was interested in him at one point and they have been pretty discriminating HS recruiters over the years.

It didn't look like Wooga was ready to contribute, either.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back