Jakai Clark has been moved to starter.

• Thread starter Deleted member 26015
  • Start date
Advertisement
No he's not, Ivey is the Boundary corner, he does not face the WR1 in most cases unless they're shifted to his side.

And the he does way more good than mishaps statement is purely false.

He's the worst cover corner we have on the team & it's not debatable.
Ok, we'll see as the season progresses, most of the receivers that made plays against him last year we're the other teams best guy, that touchdown he gave up, watkins is a 1000yrd receiver from last year, but time will tell, and yep he got beat deep this game and the ball was off, he got best deep last year against UNC, and the ball was off but bandy got bombed real bad in that UNC game. Also ivey is s good open field tackler, let's see if he meets up with tutu atwell in the open field again, stay tuned:

Per Inside the U -
- Traore had the lowest offensive grade of any offensive starter for the Hurricanes at 56.9. His pass blocking grade was 81.1, which was the highest on the team, but was just 52.3 in run blocking--second-to-last only behind left tackle John Campbell.
So basically put him in on passing downs

Scaife was bad against UF last year too.

At some point our OL will need to spend the offseason training in Manitoba so they don't lose all of their mass the way they do down here. The OL we fielded on Thursday is the skinniest and weakest since the 1980s.

Rivers and Reed look like they could move people.

I know that Gaynor is a sacred cow around here but he's a weakling. Glad that Justice is taking action because the interior OL is a sick joke.

And get the fudge outta here if you're going to reference the rushing total as evidence that we've got 5 road-graders. 30 of those yards came when King scrambled on the final play of the first half. 25 more on an amazing King 3rd down scramble in the 3rd quarter, Cam's long TD and the runs by Knighton and Chaney accounted for over 100 more. You're all sons of whores.

Last edited:
His strength is his feet and his ability to move. He isnt a brute or just a strong guy...guys with good weight and bull rush are a problem for him.

He just looked a bit rusty the other night...Also UAB dl isnt chopped liver they have some acc leel guys on it
Although he isn't a monster run blocker, he has some pop. watch him on the first drive at 1:05. Tees off on the nose and gets to the backer for a nice gain. It's a consistency issue with him like most linemen. I'm with you.

Advertisement
nah... It's a seniority thing and Baker is trash.

They're afraid they'll lose guys if they sit em, but sometimes you gotta bench someone to change their behavior.
If they didn't bench him during or after GT last year, it is never going to happen. His defending and effort on that fake punt was one of the single worst plays that I have ever seen.

Gurvan and Bubba should be starting. Stop with this BS man

They won't. And all this starting upperclassmen because of seniority and not play/talent will surely get them fired lol. I can't remember any championship caliber team not playing the best players because of "seniority". Gtfoh with that amateur mess.

DJ didn't play poorly. The guy he was matched up with for most of the game is a redshirt senior and an all-conference player. He was challenged. We ran for 340 yards.
i rewatched the game and focused on the oline. he played so bad. i counted 3 different times he missed his blocking assignment and had a free rusher come for deriq. a couple bad passes by deriq were because scaife was blown off the LOS & he couldn't step into throws. it was honestly gross

Advertisement
uab played with three heavy interior lineman all game.

especially in week 1 after that odd offseason, with a competitive disadvantage, i wasnt surprised that we did have struggles. overall i still think we were decent.

Although he isn't a monster run blocker, he has some pop. watch him on the first drive at 1:05. Tees off on the nose and gets to the backer for a nice gain. It's a consistency issue with him like most linemen. I'm with you.

Manny highlighted this play on his weekly breakdown.

Advertisement
My thing is we need to stop worrying they making chess moves that will help the offense now I'm surprised King didn't take most of those RPO himself bc on some he would've been wide open.
You realise in an RPO, the guy the QB is handing off to is the Run part of that equation, right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back