Off-Topic Jail/Prison

imurcane

Banned
Banned
For those of you that have spent time in jail or prison, you already know this. For the rest of us, prisons and jails do not have central air that can be controlled on their respective campuses. It is controlled off site. There are quite a few jails and prisons running hot with little to no AC. It is not right. It is like a cruel and unusual punishment. I hope the inmates sue these for profit facilities to get things made right!

Advertisement
I need to let you talk to my cousin that just got released after 22 years. I got him a job with me so we talk about it every day. He was in closed custody the entire 22 years.

Prison is a joke. All they do is smoke weed, watch tv, workout, and play on tablets.

What they should be doing is turning big rocks into little rocks all day every day.

For those of you that have spent time in jail or prison, you already know this. For the rest of us, prisons and jails do not have central air that can be controlled on their respective campuses. It is controlled off site. There are quite a few jails and prisons running hot with little to no AC. It is not right. It is like a cruel and unusual punishment. I hope the inmates sue these for profit facilities to get things made right!

My friend, please go back to whatever sources you utilized to come up with this post and re-read them carefully.

In Florida, the vast majority of state correctional facilities are operated by the FDOC and relatively few Florida prisons are operated by private companies. And of the half dozen or so correctional facilities operated by private companies, none of them built or own the facility. It's also worth point our Florida's Bureau of Private Prison Monitoring is responsible for entering into contracts for the design, construction, and operation of privately operated correctional facilities. So, if there's no AC in a Florida prison (and like 3/4 of them don't have AC), whether privately operated or run by the FDOC, your gripe should be with the State of Florida, not the prison operator.

There may be legitimate gripes against private prisons, but lack of air conditioning definitely isn't one of them.

My $.02: the bigger issue with prisons in this country is the fact we imprison so many people over some BS like drugs. Let's make sure we're only putting actual criminal a$$holes in prison. At that point, as far as their treatment, once it's all rapists, murderers, stick-up men, and fraudsters ******** people out of their pensions and 401Ks, I may consider spending my Saturdays under an umbrella with a cooler drinking cold beers as close as I can get to the rec yard while those POS struggle with the heat.

1660858545207.png

My friend, please go back to whatever sources you utilized to come up with this post and re-read them carefully.

In Florida, the vast majority of state correctional facilities are operated by the FDOC and relatively few Florida prisons are operated by private companies. And of the half dozen or so correctional facilities operated by private companies, none of them built or own the facility. It's also worth point our Florida's Bureau of Private Prison Monitoring is responsible for entering into contracts for the design, construction, and operation of privately operated correctional facilities. So, if there's no AC in a Florida prison (and like 3/4 of them don't have AC), whether privately operated or run by the FDOC, your gripe should be with the State of Florida, not the prison operator.

There may be legitimate gripes against private prisons, but lack of air conditioning definitely isn't one of them.

My $.02: the bigger issue with prisons in this country is the fact we imprison so many people over some BS like drugs. Let's make sure we're only putting actual criminal a$$holes in prison. At that point, as far as their treatment, once it's all rapists, murderers, stick-up men, and fraudsters ******** people out of their pensions and 401Ks, I may consider spending my Saturdays under an umbrella with a cooler drinking cold beers as close as I can get to the rec yard while those POS struggle with the heat.
I like your $.02.

When I went to UM in the 1960s, my dorm apt didn't have AC either. And, yeah, it was **** in the South Florida summer. At least I could buy a fan.

Advertisement
Jail is cruel and unusual punishment?!?

Just like with Gascon… there’s a certain element in society that is putting criminals ABOVE the victims. That is ***ed up!

Advertisement
Actually Im more pro law enforcement in this case. Having agitated inmates due to heat puts those officers' lives in danger because some company needs to make a certain profit. **** that. Those officer lives matter and quite frankly Im disappointed that among you hard core right of middle goers, not a single one cared enough about an officer's life even if it cut into profits. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Actually Im more pro law enforcement in this case. Having agitated inmates due to heat puts those officers' lives in danger because some company needs to make a certain profit. **** that. Those officer lives matter and quite frankly Im disappointed that among you hard core right of middle goers, not a single one cared enough about an officer's life even if it cut into profits. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
What you sipping on tonight?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
Back