Jaiden Francois

He wants to see us win to choose us???Fair enough. So if we show out and a better prospect want his spot is it ok if we drop him?? Will his coaches and handlers treat us fairly and understand it’s “complicated”?

Now I know kid is a baller and there’s very little chance we don’t have a spot for him regardless of how well we do. However, the same can’t be said about his teammate Washington. Will he be as understanding of OUR “complicated” situation then????

Advertisement
Okay, so this is just a matter of time now. He just sent out the shark tank signal, a la Jordan Battle. Watch the SEC schools all get involved.

Advertisement
Prime example here of SFla recruits. The hometown team wants you and has been on you for how long now. Gave you a scholly offer long time ago

Ohio state hasn't even given you a scholly yet because they're kids they value higher than you and are waiting to see what happens. Your leftovers to them while at Miami your considered the main course.

This is where I break with @Coach Macho .... Textbook example of Miami offering Early, staying on him and making Francois priority #1 at DB and it probably will not be enough if OSU offers. At the end of the day if we offer earlier or later, it's just an excuse. Other kids in other areas when the area school offers it's an honor. When we offer it's used as a bargaining chip.

Advertisement
I’m seeing a pattern with our recruiting. We get these kids that want to be canes and are Impact players at their position. These kids end up committing but as the recruiting cycle goes on they see more and more top recruits not coming to the class. So here’s François holding it down for several months waiting to see who else is going to come on board and we strike out on the LEJOND and end up with Hodges. Just like we say that the school should put pressure on recruits sometimes recruits can put the pressure on the program as well. Maybe kids in the past have said yeah I want to play down here but As the cycle keeps going and we keep landing less talented kids they start having second thoughts.

Agreed. That’s why winning this season, 9-3 at worse with a play in the ACCCG plus a bowl victory, is paramount while the shine and newness is still on Manolo and his coaching staff. As the season progresses and the kids see the results finally on the field, they’ll quit with the constant changing of minds and jacked up super lists. Then, Miami can start dictating a little more to these recruits least they end up moving on to other recruits who will want to play for the Canes and have a passion to do so.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He de-committed when Diaz left. He got back on board a few months after he got hired.

I love Francois, but he doesn't even fit the athletic profile of the "elite DBs" that you're talking about us missing on.

And lastly, he's not even a take for OSU. Backup option that they're keeping warm right now at best.

But he's not athletically poor either.. Of the recent elite dbs in South Florida the last 3 years, I'd put he and Gurvan Hall in that top group, but near the bottom of that group even though the "sites" may not have had it that way

South Florida elite DBs last 3 years (classes 18-20)
(elite group)
1. Stevenson
2 (tie) Surtain, Cambpell
4. Jobe
5. Elam
6. (tie)Francois, Hall, Battle, M-A-R

-----(next tier, still studs)
Frierson, Dent, Samuel, K. Smith, Blades, N. Joseph, Nunn

----(next tier, high 3*, top 50-80 state of florida types in their respective years iimo)
D. Wilson, Ivey, CJ Smith, Couch, Brownlee, Hodges, Pough, Gray, Harrell, J. Davis

All that is jmo, but has always been the way I seen it....

Last edited:
But he's not athletically poor either.. Of the recent elite dbs in South Florida the last 3 years, I'd put he and Gurvan Hall in that top group, but near the bottom of that group even though the "sites" may not have had it that way

(elite group)
1. Stevenson
4. Elam
5 (tie)Francois, Hall, Battle, M-A-R

-----(next tier)

----(next tier)
D. Wilson, Ivey, CJ Smith, Couch, Brownlee, Hodges, Pough, Gray, Harrell, J. Davis

Yea, I'm not saying that he's athletically poor at all. I'm just saying that he's not in that Stevenson, Surtain, Campbell range that he was suggesting at. Francois doesn't fit the profile of the type of kid that we struggle to get in my opinion. It's that higher tier of kid.

Yea, I'm not saying that he's athletically poor at all. I'm just saying that he's not in that Stevenson, Surtain, Campbell range that he was suggesting at. Francois doesn't fit the profile of the type of kid that we struggle to get in my opinion. It's that higher tier of kid.

Fair enough. I agree, I hope that ranking stays where it's at...BC I think he's a top 15-20 kid in the state

(elite group)
1. Stevenson
4. Elam
5 (tie)Francois, Hall, Battle, M-A-R

-----(next tier)

----(next tier)

You are missing jobe on that list. Elam may be a better athlete than either jobe or hall but he’s DEFINITELY not a better player in terms of impact on the field

Advertisement
Back