Confirmed Jahmile Addae

It's just bizarre. You keep talking about this fictitious "bidding process" and you reference "any of the other offers" that were "available at the time". But as has been discussed over and over again (without you accepting it), Corey Raymond had one job offer (UiF) and one possible lead (UM) and nothing else at the time he made the decision. Raymond moved quickly. Raymond took the first and only job offer on the table. He took the offer so rapidly that NOBODY else had a chance to interview him, let alone offer him money.

Why are Corey Raymond Bros still talking about Corey Raymond?

"Keep talking about a bidding proccess"? I mentioned it twice as a possibility IF both offers were on the table and its pure speculation and assumption on my part. Never once said Miami offered him, in fact, you politely posted for me where I clearly said "Mario said no, which was Mario didn't offer him the job". I don't know what job offers were available to him outside of UF and neither do any of us. IF Corey was offered the Miami job when he contacted Miami, there is absolutely no chance he takes it, just to jump ship to UF or any other SEC school. Why? Because the UF offer was already there for him when Miami would've had any chance to offer him. So again, remove the idea from your head that I'm insinuating "we missed out on Raymond because Mario wasn't fast enough". I'll repeat it again just incase you're hard at reading. I'm not saying Mario was late. I'm not saying Raymond would've picked Miami over UF.

Advertisement
I know, the new guy is always better, but he doesn't have the pedigree that TRob has.

Still, what I like about the hire is that he can legitimately say that he left the defending national champs for what he believes is going to be the next top program in the land. That should pay dividends in recruiting.
I agree. That’s not what I’m doing though

TRob is a beast

I will just leave it at that because TRob is gone and it doesn’t matter. At minimum the blow of losing him isn’t as bad but this dude should thrive on this staff from everything I’ve heard about him

"Keep talking about a bidding proccess"? I mentioned it twice as a possibility IF both offers were on the table and its pure speculation and assumption on my part. Never once said Miami offered him, in fact, you politely posted for me where I clearly said "Mario said no, which was Mario didn't offer him the job". I don't know what job offers were available to him outside of UF and neither do any of us. IF Corey was offered the Miami job when he contacted Miami, there is absolutely no chance he takes it, just to jump ship to UF or any other SEC school. Why? Because the UF offer was already there for him when Miami would've had any chance to offer him. So again, remove the idea from your head that I'm insinuating "we missed out on Raymond because Mario wasn't fast enough". I'll repeat it again just incase you're hard at reading. I'm not saying Mario was late. I'm not saying Raymond would've picked Miami over UF.

OK, fine. If you are taking some shrapnel as a proxy for the past two months of idiotic "Corey Raymond, bro" porsts, then I'm sorry for the collateral damage.

But you have to acknowledge, your posts were not very clear as to the points you are now trying to establish. And initially, all I was trying to do was clarify some of the factual inaccuracies about the timeline, communication, and job availability.

It's over. People on this board who know Corey Raymond have said he is unlikely to jump (anywhere) after having accepted a role at UiF. And the incredible speed with which Raymond jumped on the Gaytor offer precluded anyone else from interviewing him. Unfortunate, and also unavoidable.

I played against Jahleel for 3 yrs. Easily one of the top 2 RBs I played against in HS
That whole RV squad was nice. If we didn’t run Wing T we would’ve been way better.

When I speak on 40s lying Leel who I refer to a lot of the time. Mans 40 was subpar but when it came to putting on pads. Good luck he just had that extra gear.

Advertisement
Yes, his first order of business on the Gulfstream late Monday evening, early Tuesday morning eastern was to call Corey Raymond. Hey Corey, I am firing TRob sight unseen in my first official act as head coach. We've never meet but I've heard great things about you. Can you be in Coral Gables by noon? My presser is Wednesday but I'd like to interview you tomorrow at 1 pm. Mario, you have 12 hours to decide or I am going to accept Forida's offer.
And more context was Mario was focused on early signing day and not signing coaches.

Advertisement
DVD is wrong for letting it get like that if its true, but all I can think of is the fact that our group of corners outside of Rique aren't in any position to clown anyone. Let alone someone who was drafted top 3 rounds and stuck in the league for a while

At least accomplish something on the field first

I think the issue is when he is an off-field recruiter his only job is to appease kids/their parents. He was also young and looks young so he can easily relate and become boys with these recruits. That is what made him great in his job as an off-field recruiter. The issue now becomes those same kids you are boys with you need to try and lay down the law and get on their *** when they want to joke around or ***** up a drill. If the players look at you like one of them, you just do not get the same respect. DVD likely needs to cut his teeth elsewhere for a few years and learn to temper some of that best friend stuff when in the living room or texting a recruit and come off as more of a coach who is a respected mentor figure.

Can't we have all 3 or are my numbers off?
Depends if he's keeping Field as the TE coach or taking him off the field. And if Gattis will just oversee the offense and we need to get a WR coach too...

Seems like a second DB coach shouldn't be the main priority. Probably just fueled by everyone's hatred for UF, understandably...

Depends if he's keeping Field as the TE coach or taking him off the field. And if Gattis will just oversee the offense and we need to get a WR coach too...

Seems like a second DB coach shouldn't be the main priority. Probably just fueled by everyone's hatred for UF, understandably...
Pretty sure Gattis will be coaching WR like he did at Michigan. We will still need:

QB
TE (whether it's Field or someone else)

LB or OLB (depending on if Steele coaches LB)
ST or CB/S coach (Dennis Smith could be ST coach)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think the issue is when he is an off-field recruiter his only job is to appease kids/their parents. He was also young and looks young so he can easily relate and become boys with these recruits. That is what made him great in his job as an off-field recruiter. The issue now becomes those same kids you are boys with you need to try and lay down the law and get on their *** when they want to joke around or ***** up a drill. If the players look at you like one of them, you just do not get the same respect. DVD likely needs to cut his teeth elsewhere for a few years and learn to temper some of that best friend stuff when in the living room or texting a recruit and come off as more of a coach who is a respected mentor figure.
good explanation and i agree that he is unqualified to be an on-the-field coach at the univ of miami. as you said, let him make his bones somewhere else and then come back if he's any good.

Don't we need a legit LB and QB coach more than a second DB coach?
Steele coaches LB’s & we can add 4 more coaches, so we can have both an OLB’s/Hybrid coach & another DB coach.

There are literally hundreds of programs that have two DB coaches, it’s actually more rare to have one coach for the entire secondary than it is to have two.

Advertisement
Back