Confirmed Jahmile Addae

When are we going to stop falling for the opposing-fan banana-in-the-tailpipe.

If I'm going to hop aboard the "steer clear of this particular coach" train, I want to see multiple years of opposing-fan hatred. Not this "well, today I'm going to mention stuff that I've never mentioned before" nonsense. Or the "I didn't like him a couple of years ago, then he improved and I liked him, now I'm back to hating him again" flip-flopping.

You want to try to convince me to hire some of Mullet's Gaytor assistants, I'll show you years of Gaytor-fan complaints.

Gattis and Addae? Come on, not even close...

Advertisement
FOR THE LAST TIME - DVD does not belong on-field right now. Savvy of Mario to retain him in an off-field role but let the guy go be a CB coach at a G5 for a few years. We need someone that can go toe to toe with the Raymond's and T-Rob's of the profession. DVD's lack of experience will be used against him in every living room in America.
Yep. He can't be taking up a spot like that right now. Go cut your teeth like Brandon Harris is at FAU, or branch out in a different conference.

One thing is certain, not everyone will be happy on here unless we sign Corey Raymond.

1644263170606.png

Advertisement
But why settle for that? Because he played at Miami? There are plenty of coaches who both recruit and coach better. And now we have the $$ and motivation to hire them.

Why not?

Again kids have been mentioning his recruiting and being tight with him before he was even a **** coach. Gives you a running start, especially with local kids. And just because we have a bigger budget, it is not unlimited.

Mario is trying to build a staff to compete with the Alabamas and Georgias of the world. We’re so beaten down after years of Temple level staffs that it seems we’ve forgotten what a proper college staff should look like. And that doesn’t include wasting on field spots with guys like DVD. If he hadn’t played here nobody would even care about DVD. Mario is clearly aiming much higher.

All of this

Advertisement
👀
Also, I played & coached CB too, so that’s kinda my speciality as well.
Learned something new today! Cool, thanks for info on your background. It does explain why you notice certain things that I don't even pick up.

AND now that I know this, it makes me understand even better why you feel McClain is a very special prospect.

We can do better in terms of a pure technician coach there’s a number of guys better than Addae.

But his recruiting acumen is what makes him a Homerun & Mario always places the premium on recruiting first.

On a scale of 1-10, here's how I'd evaluate Addae vs. T-Rob

Addae
Recruiting - 10
Technical Coaching - 7.0
Capacity to Get Better/Upside as a Position Coach - 7.5
Close to being a DC in their next gig - 4.0
Close to being a HC - 3.0

T-Rob
Recruiting - 10
Technical Coaching - 8.0
Capacity to Get Better/Upside as a Position Coach - 6.5
Close to being a DC in their next gig - 8.0
Close to being a HC - 4.5

Did I get it right?

Advertisement
We can do better in terms of a pure technician coach there’s a number of guys better than Addae.

But his recruiting acumen is what makes him a Homerun & Mario always places the premium on recruiting first.

drop the tape.

I'd add that all of us Mods/Maudes have actual (paying) jobs. We can't be in every thread and see every bandable porst. If there is something that you believe crosses the line, please help us out and report it. Some lines are blurrier than others (e.g., crass talk, vulgarity, rude behavior...), but I think you'll find we work hard hold others (e.g., personal attacks, racism, annoying back-and-forths that arise between posters and ruin threads).
I wasn't trying to criticize in that post, it was an observation. However right now just in reading through some posts earlier today it seems a poster @Leeds whom I don't know but who has evidently posted some valuable information on this board in the past is now taking a haitus do to badgering and ridicule for some perceived error that some posters use as an excuse to attack her. These posters should be banned. You'll end up losing a valuable poster and be left with some dumbass whose sole contribution is negativity and criticism.

Advertisement
I wasn't trying to criticize in that post, it was an observation. However right now just in reading through some posts earlier today it seems a poster @Leeds whom I don't know but who has evidently posted some valuable information on this board in the past is now taking a haitus do to badgering and ridicule for some perceived error that some posters use as an excuse to attack her. These posters should be banned. You'll end up losing a valuable poster and be left with some dumbass whose sole contribution is negativity and criticism.

I honestly did not take your post as criticism. I just like pointing out the "report" feature whenever possible. It is, IMO, grossly underutilized.

Advertisement
Back