Confirmed Jahmile Addae

Advertisement
Addae has special teams experience too...I'm thinking safeties and special teams...Keep DVD as CB coach

DVD does major work on the trail and if he's paired with a veteran he will be fine. I think we really need to keep him as CB coach.

Recruiting / Coaching ... we went over this many times during the Rumph era (btw - he's still in the building last I saw, so if you want your COACH, he's still around)...

Coaching of DBs is overrated. Its cool that you develop, but you can either cover or you can't. Its a pretty instinctive position, IMO. I say this as a former linebacker / and LB/EDGE coach...my bias is my bias. I'd rather have a recruiter as a DB coach because its a position that is about the jimmies and joes. You can have a couple of projects at DB, but really, at a school like Miami, you just go get DUDES and let the rest take care of itself.

We can do better in terms of a pure technician coach there’s a number of guys better than Addae.

But his recruiting acumen is what makes him a Homerun & Mario always places the premium on recruiting first.

Also, I played & coached CB too, so that’s kinda my speciality as well.
That's curious. You'd think that since Mario is such a good recruiter, and apparently very organized in that regard too, that'd he'd want stronger coaches than recruiters.

Advertisement
Why would Kirby who is an elite defensive coach let him walk.

I find that part interesting if its how it plays out
Because their little spat got REAL INTENSE.... to the point of other coaches having to get in between the two. From what I heard, it got ugly. Addea is nobodies, "Yes man". He felt that Kirby had overstepped his lane and disrespected him in front of errybody.... and as a man, he had to "Check him". Kirby didn't like that. It was a disagreement, and instead of cooling down and talking it out, they let it simmer, and fester. One game during this season, I think it was during UF or sometime around that game, it reached its boiling point. Kirby made a comment that maybe he shouldn't have made, and it went sideways really fast. Of course Addae said something back.... and the rest..... well we may get a DB Coach pretty soon. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . But That's what I heard, from someone supposedly in the know. TIFWIW

Last edited:
Addae has special teams experience too...I'm thinking safeties and special teams...Keep DVD as CB coach

DVD does major work on the trail and if he's paired with a veteran he will be fine. I think we really need to keep him as CB coach.
Mario is trying to build a staff to compete with the Alabamas and Georgias of the world. We’re so beaten down after years of Temple level staffs that it seems we’ve forgotten what a proper college staff should look like. And that doesn’t include wasting on field spots with guys like DVD. If he hadn’t played here nobody would even care about DVD. Mario is clearly aiming much higher.

Advertisement
That's curious. You'd think that since Mario is such a good recruiter, and apparently very organized in that regard too, that'd he'd want stronger coaches than recruiters.
Mario has been consistent that he expects his staff to be relentless in recruiting. I think he was willing to make an exception with the OC (if Brady was really in play) but you can’t be a position coach especially at CB in south Florida and can’t recruit.

The $EC mafia and OSU would eat our lunch on the recruiting trail.

Shoot these boys ran poor Rumph to an off the field position because he couldn’t close on anybody.

Recruiting over coaching. You still my boy, Blue (Rumph)!

Mario is trying to build a staff to compete with the Alabamas and Georgias of the world. We’re so beaten down after years of Temple level staffs that it seems we’ve forgotten what a proper college staff should look like. And that doesn’t include wasting on field spots with guys like DVD. If he hadn’t played here nobody would even care about DVD. Mario is clearly aiming much higher.

We can stand 1 inexperienced coach that recruits like a madman.

We can do better in terms of a pure technician coach there’s a number of guys better than Addae.

But his recruiting acumen is what makes him a Homerun & Mario always places the premium on recruiting first.

Also, I played & coached CB too, so that’s kinda my speciality as well.
I spoke to a HS coach yesterday w a friend on the staff. He told me Mario and the Canes are all about recruiting…80% of everything will be talent acquisition. He said we’re going to have creatures walking around on campus we haven’t seen in many years. Added players win games.

Mario has been consistent that he expects his staff to be relentless in recruiting. I think he was willing to make an exception with the OC (if Brady was really in play) but you can’t be a position coach especially at CB in south Florida and can’t recruit.

The $EC mafia and OSU would eat our lunch on the recruiting trail.

Shoot these boys ran poor Rumph to an off the field position because he couldn’t close on anybody.

Recruiting over coaching. You still my boy, Blue (Rumph)!
All hands on deck in south Florida for sure

It’s a bloodbath

Advertisement
Lmao at y’all thinking you can secure a five star south Florida CB with DVD getting babysat by an experienced safeties coach.

DVD is nice and I’m sure the kids love him but when it comes to business that’s where TRob and the Bama machine along with UGA and Raymond with UF tell him go play with the kids outside we talking grown folks business (I.e draft pics you’ve produced, what rounds, any current nfl players recommendation, etc.).

I just don’t think he’s ready yet and the fact that some of y’all are saying pair him with someone who can coach should automatically disqualify him for an on field position.

This is the post of the year so far. I've been following boards like this since the old grassy days. I don't post much but I keep informed by just reading. There has been a consistent pattern with all these boards over the years. Someone with some passion and knowledge starts a board and serious fans follow. Eventually the clowns come in destroy legitimate threads, flood the board with garbage posts, negativity and personal attacks. Then the serious fans and insiders leave and start a new board and it starts all over again. What I can't understand is why the clowns aren't banned to protect the integrity of the board. They're easy to spot, everyone knows who they are and yet they continue to post garbage and attack legitimate posters. I'm not a mod and don't want to judge but the integrity of the board should be primary and these jerks should be banned no questions asked.

I'm not a Mod or Maude, and I know they work hard for zero pay.

I would simply say that there is an eternal and ongoing debate between "wanting as many people to read/use the boards as possible" and "jacka$$es make the boards miserable and drive people away".

I'd be willing to bet that the Mods/Maudes would have to censor fewer offensive WORDS if they simply banned more offensive PORSTERS. Just a hunch.

I'd add that all of us Mods/Maudes have actual (paying) jobs. We can't be in every thread and see every bandable porst. If there is something that you believe crosses the line, please help us out and report it. Some lines are blurrier than others (e.g., crass talk, vulgarity, rude behavior...), but I think you'll find we work hard hold others (e.g., personal attacks, racism, annoying back-and-forths that arise between posters and ruin threads).

Last edited:
FOR THE LAST TIME - DVD does not belong on-field right now. Savvy of Mario to retain him in an off-field role but let the guy go be a CB coach at a G5 for a few years. We need someone that can go toe to toe with the Raymond's and T-Rob's of the profession. DVD's lack of experience will be used against him in every living room in America.

Advertisement
Gabriel: Mike, is dad still ****ed about the Lucifer thing?

Michael: Yea, don't bring up in front him

Gabriel: But it's be 37 Eons. Lu hit me about coming to dinner. I was just wond....

Michael: Gab! Leave it alone man. You know dad be tripping sometimes. You know how he get when he mad about Lu

Gabriel: Yeah...you right. I always thought the Noah thing was extreme. 40 days?!

More than once I've looked around and thought "God do be tripping".

Or, curiously, he might realize that he can't personally recruit every kid all the time and it might be worth having other coaches who can do the job. Ya know, in case something comes up that distracts him.

Bingo

Advertisement
Back