Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

I’ll power rank the most important figures in Miami history.

1. Howard - program was heading to be dissolved as far as I understand it before he arrived

2. Jimmy - Set the culture and standard for what a Miami hurricane is and laid the foundation for that 10 plus years of dominance

3. Butch - A very close third. Jimmys assassin who played a role in talent acquisition in the 80s and later on as head coach. Made Miami relevant and a power house again.

4. Donna Shalala - a true supporter of the sports programs at Miami while president…especially the football team.

5. Al golden - he led us throw the Shapiro fiasco and was always loyal to UM during his time here. Without his leadserhsip, who knows what the NCAA would have done to us

6. Ed Reed - I hope Mario brings him back to coach DBs. I still remember him stripping the ball and returning it to the house against BC. A true leader!

7. Blake James - hear me out. He helped negotiate a TV deal with ESPn and the ACC that provided stability to the football program. Without that Tv deal we could be in the big 10 playing cold games in November. He also negotiated a great apparel deal with adidas to get us away from Nike. Adidas has done nothing but provide Miami with top of the market apparel and I for one love wearing their shirts that have the shoulder sizing meant for a pre puberty boy.

8. Ken Dorsey - led us to our last natty and was a consistent stable leader for the program. I hope Mario brings him back to coach QBs. He’s not ready to call plays. Hopefully Dawson can groom him so once Dawson gets a HC gig, Ken is ready to call plays.
You should get the ban hammer for even mentioning Shalala. The damage that troll did to the football program is incalculable.

Advertisement

7. Blake James - hear me out. He helped negotiate a TV deal with ESPn and the ACC that provided stability to the football program. Without that Tv deal we could be in the big 10 playing cold games in November. He also negotiated a great apparel deal with adidas to get us away from Nike. Adidas has done nothing but provide Miami with top of the market apparel and I for one love wearing their shirts that have the shoulder sizing meant for a pre puberty boy.
IMG_4134.jpeg

1. Howard - program was heading to be dissolved as far as I understand it before he arrived

2. Jimmy - Set the culture and standard for what a Miami hurricane is and laid the foundation for that 10 plus years of dominance

3. Butch - A very close third. Jimmys assassin who played a role in talent acquisition in the 80s and later on as head coach. Made Miami relevant and a power house again.

4. Donna Shalala - a true supporter of the sports programs at Miami while president…especially the football team.

5. Al golden - he led us throw the Shapiro fiasco and was always loyal to UM during his time here. Without his leadserhsip, who knows what the NCAA would have done to us

6. Ed Reed - I hope Mario brings him back to coach DBs. I still remember him stripping the ball and returning it to the house against BC. A true leader!

8. Ken Dorsey - led us to our last natty and was a consistent stable leader for the program. I hope Mario brings him back to coach QBs. He’s not ready to call plays. Hopefully Dawson can groom him so once Dawson gets a HC gig, Ken is ready to call plays.
Bitcoin Meme GIF by Bitcoin & Crypto Creative Marketing

all that text and effort and thought process only for you to get slapped

Advertisement

I sincerely thought this was a sarcastic post. Yikes.

Terrence Ross Wow GIF

First Half GIF

Advertisement

Wow, I didn’t realize people would get so up and arms about my list.

I wanted to include Larry Coker but thought that would be too divisive. Glad I held off.

Any type of post like this that leaves out Lou Saban shows a certain lack of knowing our Canes history. Schnelly took the blueprint that Saban laid down and ran it through the natty wall.

Parody account?
May as well include Paul Dee.

Advertisement
New names of interest per Gaby:

Nebraska secondary coach Evan Cooper.
Rutgers cornerbacks coach Mark Orphey.

These options any good @Memnon ?

Cooper croots Texas and Florida.

He was at Miami for a short time back in the day, also coached HS down here as well. NFL experience too. Interesting name.

I don't know anything about Osprey.

Advertisement
Cooper croots Texas and Florida.

He was at Miami for a short time back in the day, also coached HS down here as well. NFL experience too. Interesting name.

I don't know anything about Osprey.
Did some quick research. Osprey is from Houston and attended Texas Southern, worked his way up from Montana State to an analyst role with Bama. Been with Rutgers for the past two years.

Judging by the 247 recruit history Cooper definitely looks more accomplished on the recruiting trail.

Cooper sounds interesting with the Texas/Florida ties.

From his bio, sounds promising development wise:

Cooper's secondary played a key role in the Huskers having their best statistical defense since joining the Big Ten Conference in 2011. Nebraska's pass defense limited opponents to 6.1 yards per attempt, a total that ranked ninth nationally. The Huskers also ranked 15th nationally in passing efficiency defense, their highest finish in that category since 2014. The secondary held two opponents under 100 yards passing and seven opponents to fewer than 200 yards through the air. The secondary helped Nebraska rank 14th nationally in total defense and 17th in scoring defense, their best finishes since 2009 and 2010, respectively.

Individually, four members of the Husker secondary earned All-Big Ten honors. Cornerbacks Quinton Newsome and Tommi Hill each earned All-Big Ten recognition, as did rover Isaac Gifford and safety Omar Brown. Among that quartet, only Newsome had been an All-Big Ten selection prior to Cooper's arrival.

Advertisement
Back