Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

Advertisement
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Rumph also started on the #1 Pass defense in America in 2000...not to mention a pass defense (1999) that didn't give up a receiving TD the last 7 games. If not for Mike jumping that route and causing the Walter's too Reed INT vs BC in 2001 we lose. For anybody to think Mike cant coach is about as ludicrous as anything on CIS.
What that staff did in 1999-2000 in terms of pass defense was utterly divine. This is especially true given where the pass defense was in 1998 when they couldn’t stop a nosebleed. That 1998 pass defense was so putrid at times that it seemed as though the other teams offense were running passing plays against air. Sure part of it was youth and inexperience but it was a little more than than which eventually cost Bill Miller his job. Enter Greg Shiano and the rest is history.

Mike won’t be the CB coach so now we have reached the point of the thread where we needlessly bash former players or coaches and rehash old tired debates
That's why if none the resident insiders mention names in consideration, I do my best not to chime in on these threads until at least I've noticed @MedleyCane mention a random intriguing name from a lower level school.

Advertisement
That's why if none the resident insiders mention names in consideration, I do my best not to chime in on these threads until at least I've noticed @MedleyCane mention a random intriguing name from a lower level school.

Appreciate the kind words.
Has Brandon Shelby landed somewhere after Indiana? That would be a good hire. Did some good work at IU and recruited Florida well.
Regarding hire from lower level, someone like Brandon Harris would not surprise me. Same with Chevis Jackson who has been mentioned in this thread. I don't think you will see a hire from out-of-the-blue as this is a position which requires someone who can recruit at am elite level.
Now, we gotta ask @Memnon.
Lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But he doesn’t want to. Meaning he’d be a terrible hire. Enthusiasm is half the battle with college coaches. That’s Father Time.
No it’s not, it means he’s made his mark and doesn’t have to prove anything to anyone.
Appreciate the kind words.
Has Brandon Shelby landed somewhere after Indiana? That would be a good hire. Did some good work at IU and recruited Florida well.
Regarding hire from lower level, someone like Brandon Harris would not surprise me. Same with Chevis Jackson who has been mentioned in this thread. I don't think you will see a hire from out-of-the-blue as this is a position which requires someone who can recruit at am elite level.
Now, we gotta ask @Memnon.
Lol.
It's funny, I noticed that @Memnon hasn't chimed in on this yet.

Advertisement
Why is it funny?
Funny may be the wrong word. Unusual or odd may be more appropriate.

He usually has a lot to say about DB play and/or coaching. Given how much he follows this position group, I was looking forward to his input on who he would think area the best and most viable candidates for this opening.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back