Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

Advertisement
Rumph also started on the #1 Pass defense in America in 2000...not to mention a pass defense (1999) that didn't give up a receiving TD the last 7 games. If not for Mike jumping that route and causing the Walter's too Reed INT vs BC in 2001 we lose. For anybody to think Mike cant coach is about as ludicrous as anything on CIS.
Coaching was never the issue with Rumph.

1c1yo9.jpg

Advertisement
Coaching was never the issue with Rumph.

When it was announced he'd take a recruiting role we all recoiled in horror but he has seemingly done well enough. Although, the CB room in its current form doesn't inspire that much confidence. It begs the question of whether he's still somehow responsible for subpar CB recruiting. Either way, it's so late in the hiring cycle by now and we've got a quality CB coach already on the staff. I say throw him a bone for one season and see if time away from the corching scene has done him well.

When it was announced he'd take a recruiting role we all recoiled in horror but he has seemingly done well enough. Although, the CB room in its current form doesn't inspire that much confidence. It begs the question of whether he's still somehow responsible for subpar CB recruiting. Either way, it's so late in the hiring cycle by now and we've got a quality CB coach already on the staff. I say throw him a bone for one season and see if time away from the corching scene has done him well.
I have already submitted my application. Mario should be calling me any day now. I know he's thorough so I'll be patient.

McGriff to Miami would be a lateral move at best for him coming from Auburn.

Let Rumph coach the CBs in 2024 and then evaluate the options again in December.
Mods we have a conundrum.

How can I click agree to Roks McGriff to Miami take but disagree to his RumFF blunder at the same time without commenting on his post??

This is the stuff that should keep you awake at night.

Advertisement

Let Rumph coach the CBs in 2024 and then evaluate the options again in December.

Something weird happened with McGriff last October and he took a leave of absence from Auburn for the rest of the season. Supposedly it had to do with a friction with then DC Ron Roberts, but that story doesn’t really hold up because McGriff almost left to A&M weeks after Roberts was fired.

Maybe they got whatever differences ironed out but the entire Defensive staff from last year is gone except for him and he hasn’t worked for the new DC DJ Durkin before.

I’m not opposed to some of the names mentioned and would definitely love Surtain. As someone not really in tune to the DB coaches the last few years.

With someone who can be not condescending and degrading what’s actually wrong with bringing Ed Reed back I KNOW he knows his X’s and O’s of defensive backs and I thought recruits and players all loved him.

I’m not sure what his situation was like leaving the program as he was getting a HC gig I thought it was an amicable split. I know that was a really salty situation when he got fired and maybe that makes him unhireable at this time. But he definitely has the ability, knowledge, and passion to coach DBs?? Right??

Does Rumph even want to go back on the field?? It’s been 4 years since he’s been off it and he hasn’t taken a role with another college or pro team. Maybe he hasnt had any other offers or maybe there’s a reason he doesn’t want to leave the area but just seems odd

Advertisement
Advertisement

There is plenty of time and resources to make a great hire, there are teams out there still searching for HCs and coordinators. There will be other movements.

Advertisement
Back