NFL Draft Jahfari Harvey one of ESPN's scout sleepers for 2022

BoxingRobes

Junior

Jahfari Harvey, DE, Miami (FL)
HT: 6-4 | WT: 252 pounds | Class: Fourth-year junior

2021 stats: 26 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, 1 interception

Predicting under-the-radar prospects isn't as fun when the list is filled with established players, so here's a prospect scouts are projecting to have a big bump in a full-time role.

Miami has a recent reputation of putting pass-rushers into the league, including 2021 first-rounders Jaelan Phillips and Greg Rousseau. Harvey is being touted as the next in line. He has the trust of the new coaching staff and was tabbed by head coach Mario Cristobal to represent the team at the ACC's media days.

Scouts have taken notice. "Obviously it's all projection right now, but his flashes are good enough to get him in the first two rounds," an AFC scout said. "The focus will be on him now, though, so he has to step up."

Harvey started just five games last season, but his quickness and ability to stun pass protectors is notable on film.

Early 2023 draft projection: Harvey is a true "if" player. "If" he progresses as expected, he could be a first-rounder. It is a big projection, however. Right now, Harvey's tape puts him in Round 3.

Thoughts?

Advertisement

Jahfari Harvey, DE, Miami (FL)
HT: 6-4 | WT: 252 pounds | Class: Fourth-year junior

2021 stats: 26 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, 1 interception

Predicting under-the-radar prospects isn't as fun when the list is filled with established players, so here's a prospect scouts are projecting to have a big bump in a full-time role.

Miami has a recent reputation of putting pass-rushers into the league, including 2021 first-rounders Jaelan Phillips and Greg Rousseau. Harvey is being touted as the next in line. He has the trust of the new coaching staff and was tabbed by head coach Mario Cristobal to represent the team at the ACC's media days.

Scouts have taken notice. "Obviously it's all projection right now, but his flashes are good enough to get him in the first two rounds," an AFC scout said. "The focus will be on him now, though, so he has to step up."

Harvey started just five games last season, but his quickness and ability to stun pass protectors is notable on film.

Early 2023 draft projection: Harvey is a true "if" player. "If" he progresses as expected, he could be a first-rounder. It is a big projection, however. Right now, Harvey's tape puts him in Round 3.

Thoughts?
Wow round 3? I mean the stats are decent for having started just 5 games in that bum ahs defense ***** fielded. I do think he has the physical tools no doubt but it’s the mental and intangibles he needs to be great

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s ain’t all about stats. I keep telling folks that. Getting drafted is sometime about skill set, not production. Look at this year’s number 1 draft pick. His stats would led you to believe he barely played in college. But you see him on that field and his athleticism stands out.

I have seen more from other players who werent drafted that high than Harvey. Doesnt seem particularly big and hasnt flashed uncanny speed/pass rush moves to make up for it. I dont see it. Hope it happens tho. We need SOMEBODY to step the **** up on the edge. He let a castaway LB last year take food off his table with relative ease in a few practices after never playing as undersized DE. Yikes

Going up against Zion every day in practice can only help Harvey. This is how it was and always should be at UM. The 1 on 1's in practice with 2 NFL caliber players making each other better for the season and draft.

Imagine what it was like at practrive watching McDougal x Juaquin; Reed covering Shockey, ST covering Winslow, Andre v. Antrel, Morgan meeting Najeh in the hole, Romberg and Wilfork, any human going up against Mt. McKinnie. Just think about how much better they made each other.

Advertisement
Certainly looks the part, you can tell moss is a freshman tho lol

Attachments

• B3B1B075-5654-495E-A555-64774085801C.jpeg
    B3B1B075-5654-495E-A555-64774085801C.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 334
Certainly looks the part, you can tell moss is a freshman tho lol
Man I just saw this pic and I don’t remember him looking like this last year. I’m buying the hype.

Last time I saw someone having the sack numbers they were reporting Harvey having during Spring was Greg.

Advertisement
Might be biggest key as we need a disruptive pass rusher, there’s a lot of other tools on the dl but not sure about that one
It hasn't clicked all the way on the field but he was awesome in spring and has physical/mental tools. One of the key players on the roster.

Going up against Zion every day in practice can only help Harvey. This is how it was and always should be at UM. The 1 on 1's in practice with 2 NFL caliber players making each other better for the season and draft.

Imagine what it was like at practrive watching McDougal x Juaquin; Reed covering Shockey, ST covering Winslow, Andre v. Antrel, Morgan meeting Najeh in the hole, Romberg and Wilfork, any human going up against Mt. McKinnie. Just think about how much better they made each other.
Practices were open in those days!

Sounds like some more Bubba second round crap, no disrespect, but be watching Kelly take his snaps by 6th game.

Advertisement
Back