Jahfari Harvey comparison

Advertisement
I've seen every one of his games this year in person. He's faster than any of the current UM LB's. I wouldn't be surprised if Diaz tries him at LB/Striker. He is deceptively fast.

I've seen every one of his games this year in person. He's faster than any of the current UM LB's. I wouldn't be surprised if Diaz tries him at LB/Striker. He is deceptively fast.
I think that would depend on how many DEs we get in this class, because when I saw his coverage skills in camp I was convinced he could also be use as a LB.

Advertisement

What is your overall analysis of Harvey? How good is he?

What is your overall analysis of Harvey? How good is he?

His pass rush skills are ahead of his run stopping skills. His uses his hands really well and has a good first step. Has good balance, a good change of direction and has long arms. He could use more ***, he's a lean 210. He could set the edge better but I think that will come with coaching. I'd like to see him drop his base more and keep his outside shoulder free. He only played at Vero for 1 year after coming from a private school with a mediocre program. Bethel's done a good job with his pass rush which is evident on film. He just gets caught up in the wash a little more on the run down's. Overall, he's athletic and coachable and from what my daughter says, he's a good kid in school. Never any behavioral or attitude issues.

He could be a terror on ST his FR year. I think the fan's will be surprised how fast he is.

Advertisement
His pass rush skills are ahead of his run stopping skills. His uses his hands really well and has a good first step. Has good balance, a good change of direction and has long arms. He could use more ***, he's a lean 210. He could set the edge better but I think that will come with coaching. I'd like to see him drop his base more and keep his outside shoulder free. He only played at Vero for 1 year after coming from a private school with a mediocre program. Bethel's done a good job with his pass rush which is evident on film. He just gets caught up in the wash a little more on the run down's. Overall, he's athletic and coachable and from what my daughter says, he's a good kid in school. Never any behavioral or attitude issues.

He could be a terror on ST his FR year. I think the fan's will be surprised how fast he is.
What do "U" think his best playing weight will be......

What do "U" think his best playing weight will be......

Like I said he's lean. Where as Shaq is thick if you're comparing body composition. I think 240 by his 3rd or 4th year on campus. But who knows with 18 year olds. He could have a growth spurt and end up looking like Clowney.

Like I said he's lean. Where as Shaq is thick if you're comparing body composition. I think 240 by his 3rd or 4th year on campus. But who knows with 18 year olds. He could have a growth spurt and end up looking like Clowney.

He's usually listed more at 225ish...Still only 210?

Advertisement
He's usually listed more at 225ish...Still only 210?

I'm 6'3 210. I was standing next to him the last game they played and we're about the same size. Keep in mind this was the 13th game of the season for VB so he may have been a little light. I'm sure he could get up to 225 by fall camp considering he's enrolling early. Unless he eats a **** diet, all the weight he'll put on will be muscle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back