Jahfari Harvey 247 mention

Advertisement
This is how you build a good position group room, consistently perform and you’ll be able to build depth full of quality players. Miami is really starting to build a reputation as one of the top schools to play DE. On a separate note, former recruits MAR, DJ Williams, and Jalen Wydemeyer mention in the article.
View attachment 117260View attachment 117261View attachment 117260View attachment 117261
LFG!!!!!!!

Several folks on this board stated clearly that harvey > bogle back when they were coming out. Harvey’s a great athlete, amd if he comtinues developing physically, should have a great nfl career down the road. He’s a plus athlete. We don’t have enough guys like him.

Several folks on this board stated clearly that harvey > bogle back when they were coming out. Harvey’s a great athlete, amd if he comtinues developing physically, should have a great nfl career down the road. He’s a plus athlete. We don’t have enough guys like him.
Bogle can kick rocks we don’t need a character like that in our room. Haven’t heard anything about him at ufag I’ve also not been looking. He could turn out fine but there’s risk reward to everything

Advertisement
Yes I forgot he moved to DE as I said in a previous post. He will likely be our 5th guy and we could have the luxury of redshirting Chantz and Q Williams.

With the new RS rule no reason NOT to RS them. Let them get some burn against some G5 school, still have 3 games if they need to go in for snaps as a situational pass rusher, and still keep their RS.

Nope lol Like everything else in this world, it's one or the other.
Yup, remember the Reese's commercial where the two people bumped into each other and discovered chocolate and peanut butter were two great tastes that taste great together? That would have been a full out fight as the peanut butter fans accused the chocolate fans of being butterists and the chocolate fans accused the peanut butter fans of being chocophobic.

We certainly due at the edge position. Chantz Williams, Quentin williams and Jaelan Phillips are all deemed as plus athletes through overall testing numbers(Each over 110 on Nike sparq rating) and i think greg probably is a plus athlete as well in regards to testing but not completely sure.

Advertisement
We certainly due at the edge position. Chantz Williams, Quentin williams and Jaelan Phillips are all deemed as plus athletes through overall testing numbers(Each over 110 on Nike sparq rating) and i think greg probably is a plus athlete as well in regards to testing but not completely sure.
DE is almost certainly our best position athletically, but (a) my comment was we do not have enough plus athletes, and that remains true; and (b) you’re handing out inflated grades right now - QW is a good athlete but not Harvey level twitchy, imo. Chantz is very fast and has potential here but has a lot of physical development to do before he’s a game-ready DE, imo.

Yup, remember the Reese's commercial where the two people bumped into each other and discovered chocolate and peanut butter were two great tastes that taste great together? That would have been a full out fight as the peanut butter fans accused the chocolate fans of being butterists and the chocolate fans accused the peanut butter fans of being chocophobic.
Yep. Don't forget the left and right twix debate! You're only allowed to have one

DE is almost certainly our best position athletically, but (a) my comment was we do not have enough plus athletes, and that remains true; and (b) you’re handing out inflated grades right now - QW is a good athlete but not Harvey level twitchy, imo. Chantz is very fast and has potential here but has a lot of physical development to do before he’s a game-ready DE, imo.
It’s not an inflated grade, each of the guys I named were among the most athletic overall ends in their recruiting class. Harvey is most likely more “twitchy” than Quentin Williams but more athletic overall? I doubt the testing numbers indicate that

overall I agree we don’t have enough plus athletes but in 2020 class there are quite a few of them at various positions(1 at cb, 1 at safety, 1 at linebacker, 2 at dend, 2 at rb, 2 at receiver) which is how we should recruit anyways

Last edited:

On CIS, it would have been knives out.

Advertisement
again, that's no where near GR/Roche level, he was young so we shall see. I feel like you are trying give him a crown he has not earned off his HS ranking, I'm more of a show me guy..... see what happens

I watched that AM game in 17 he played in, 45-44 UCLA came back and shocked them, remember it well
Brocko never tried to crown Phillips. He said he's out "most talented" DE, and he's probably right. It doesn't mean he's the best player or has put up the best stats yet. It just means he has the most physical tools, which is pretty hard to argue against.

I watched them both in a spring practice this year and Phillips is thicker and little shorter but both pass the eye test by a mile. Can’t wait to see them coming off the edge this season

We need this to start translating to 1st & 2nd round DL draft picks on the regular. We need draft results like that all over the defense. Has Manny ever produced a 1st rounder ever?

First round is a really narrow margin, but...2015 Mississippi State defense had Chris Jones...2010 Mississippi State had Fletcher Cox, also Pernell McPhee and KJ Wright (not R1/R2 picks but long time NFL pros). Already mentioned, Vaccaro at Texas was a R1 guy.

Valid criticism though, Manny's defense...as well as its produced statistically at times, hasn't produced a ton of talent.

Advertisement
It's going to be hard with the quality and quantity in front of him but hopefully he can find his role this year as a big DE to set the edge on run downs or getting in on GL packages. I would still prefer him to keep getting bigger and be that very athletic 3T. However, if he cant, even down the road he will get plenty of snaps at DE.
Yeah it’s gonna be interesting to see what the rotation looks like. Be careful falling for these one trick ponies who can just speed rush. There’s more to defensive line than that.

As a recruit he was All World, but I need to see it on the field before I can crown him. GR and Roche have earned theirs, I'm hoping Phillips does as well. He had 40 tackles and 4 sacks in 2 seasons at UCLA, I'm hoping he becomes a star here.
Yup Greg 15 and Roche are official. The jury is still out on Phillips and Harvey who did nothing against LA TECH.

All I know is, the refs better not go back to 2017 mode where we went 650 plus snaps without a single holding call at one point among countless choke holds from desperate OLinemen. I'll cut a mf up if they take away this disgusting edge rushing we're going to witness this year.

Advertisement
Back