Jahfari Harvey 247 mention

As a recruit he was All World, but I need to see it on the field before I can crown him. GR and Roche have earned theirs, I'm hoping Phillips does as well. He had 40 tackles and 4 sacks in 2 seasons at UCLA, I'm hoping he becomes a star here.
He barely even played his 2nd season, what’s the point even counting that.

he looked all world as a true freshman in his first college game vs an sec opponent. In just 6 games as freshman he had 7.5 tackles for loss 3.5 sacks at a linebacker type of position.

write him off all you want but he’s **** talented regardless 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement

he looked all world as a true freshman in his first college game vs an sec opponent. In just 6 games as freshman he had 7.5 tackles for loss 3.5 sacks at a linebacker type of position.
again, that's no where near GR/Roche level, he was young so we shall see. I feel like you are trying give him a crown he has not earned off his HS ranking, I'm more of a show me guy..... see what happens

I watched that AM game in 17 he played in, 45-44 UCLA came back and shocked them, remember it well

Last edited:
again, that's no where near GR/Roche level, he was young so we shall see. I feel like you are trying give him a crown he has not earned of his HS ranking, I'm more of a show me guy..... see what happens
What do you mean? talent wise he absolutely is LOL.. I understand He has to prove the naysayers wrong but you can’t be saying stuff like that 😂, sh*t sound crazy as ****.

I watched him in person in 2018 at Norman vs OU as well. He was a non factor that day.
I did not 'write him off", not sure why you are getting your feelings hurt because I have not crowned a guy who has not played a single snap at Miami, but you do you B.
What do you mean? talent wise he absolutely is LOL.. I understand He has to prove the naysayers wrong but you can’t be saying stuff like that 😂, sh*t sound crazy as ****.
Sure I can, they both have proven themselves on the college level, it's a simple fact. He can do the same but again, show me. If he balls out this year he is likely gone but being he is a backup we should get 2 years out of him with any luck.

write him off all you want but he’s **** talented regardless 🤷🏾‍♂️

i agree with you
But our past history shows we are the place where 5 stars go and lose their shine hahaha
Hopefully he will buck the trend

Advertisement
Yeah, Phillips imo is the most gifted dend recruit to come to college since Myles Garrett imo . He’s that talented, Phillips is a freak. Obviously Rousseau is very talented in his own right, 2 gifted players

I'm not gonna lie, I've not seen a minute of this kid's game, but this is a stretch IMO. I saw him in person at the spring game last year and physically, he looked like a linebacker. Conversely, 15 looked like a varsity player that snuck onto JV. He towers over everyone and has freakish long arms too. I'm not sure that physically, they're on the same level in terms of potential. I think 15 has him beat there too.

I'm not gonna lie, I've not seen a minute of this kid's game, but this is a stretch IMO. I saw him in person at the spring game last year and physically, he looked like a linebacker. Conversely, 15 looked like a varsity player that snuck onto JV. He towers over everyone and has freakish long arms too. I'm not sure that physically, they're on the same level in terms of potential. I think 15 has him beat there too.
Saying what he looked last year doesn’t make any sense considering he’s up to 265 pounds now after getting back into football workouts etc and looks great physically. Greg is taller he’s 6’7, Phillips is 6’5. Don’t get me wrong greg is a freak too but some of y’all severely are downplaying the athletic gifts Phillips have that’s all I’m going to say. Regardless it’s going to be nice to have them all on the field at the same time

Saying what he looked last year doesn’t make any sense considering he’s up to 265 pounds now after getting back into football workouts etc and looks great physically. Greg is taller he’s 6’7, Phillips is 6’5. Don’t get me wrong greg is a freak too but some of y’all severely are downplaying the athletic gifts Phillips have that’s all I’m going to say. Regardless it’s going to be nice to have them all on the field at the same time

I gotcha. But you said he was the most gifted d-end recruit since Garrett. That's why I mentioned his size last year. He looked like a guy that needed to physically mature, not someone ready to play straight out of HS.

I gotcha. But you said he was the most gifted d-end recruit since Garrett. That's why I mentioned his size last year. He looked like a guy that needed to physically mature, not someone ready to play straight out of HS.
Phillips was 6'5 253 coming out of HS....he was definitely ready physically. He got hurt, thought about not playing the sport anymore, which led him to lose weight.

Advertisement
If you look at pictures from when Phillips first arrived at miami last year and then from spring practices a couple months back,it's 2 different dudes.He looks the part now.

If you look at pictures from when Phillips first arrived at miami last year and then from spring practices a couple months back,it's 2 different dudes.He looks the part now.

Yup. Dude looks physically ready to play DE. He's gained back the weight he lost and then some...

Photo by Jaelan Phillips ; in Key Biscayne, Florida with @morgan.ledenko. Image may contain: 1 person, sky, ocean, tree, outdoor and nature
... and is apparently dating a UM women's soccer player. Solid work, young man!

Advertisement
LOL @brock and his take on Phillips. GR15 is by far more talented than Phillips and it’s not even close. GTFOH with these ridiculous hot takes.

LOL @brock and his take on Phillips. GR15 is by far more talented than Phillips and it’s not even close. GTFOH with these ridiculous hot takes.
Y’all be sounding dumb as ****. Greg is BY FAR more talented than Phillips? No stop saying dumb and unrealistic sh*t like that. Is greg More proven in college than Phillips ? Without a doubt

Advertisement
Y’all be sounding dumb as ****. Greg is BY FAR more talented than Phillips? No stop saying dumb and unrealistic sh*t like that. Is greg More proven in college than Phillips ? Without a doubt

GR15 is more talented. He has better physical tools period, and he’s just downright a better football player. Don’t be corny!

We need this to start translating to 1st & 2nd round DL draft picks on the regular. We need draft results like that all over the defense. Has Manny ever produced a 1st rounder ever?

I think now that reputation is out, they might start going higher then they should.
Building Greg Rousseau helped, and it looks like Joe Jackson overachieved via Manny.

The DL UM will field this Fall is Top 10 overall. No reason why Diaz can’t lead his team to winning the division and playing Clempson for the ACC championship.

Advertisement
Back