Jahfari Harvey 247 mention

Advertisement
I'm hoping Blissett can give us something this year. The cat is pretty cut up for how big he is. His body type translates well to a pro 4-3 end.

He may be our starter after another year.

It's going to be hard with the quality and quantity in front of him but hopefully he can find his role this year as a big DE to set the edge on run downs or getting in on GL packages. I would still prefer him to keep getting bigger and be that very athletic 3T. However, if he cant, even down the road he will get plenty of snaps at DE.

He's the fastest DL we have and the most athletic.

Baker said:
“He is super twitched up. He has a different skill set than those other guys. In my opinion, if you talk about pure speed, he can run better than any of those other guys. That is something that he uses to his strength, his speed-to-power.”
Did he say that after Phillips was a full go? There is no film available that shows that to be true.

Advertisement
I think he's been a full go.
I think he's been a full go.
Im referring to the Baker comment. Did he say Harvey was the fastest DE before or after Phillips was full go.
Phillips has film where he’s lined up in the secondary and getting pick 6’s. Dude is anthletic freak. Doesn’t mean that just cause he’s athletic Harvey isn’t better. But ****, dude was the number 1 consensus recruit for a reason.

Im referring to the Baker comment. Did he say Harvey was the fastest DE before or after Phillips was full go.
Phillips has film where he’s lined up in the secondary and getting pick 6’s. Dude is anthletic freak. Doesn’t mean that just cause he’s athletic Harvey isn’t better. But ****, dude was the number 1 consensus recruit for a reason.
Ah my bad boss. As long as our top 4 guys are healthy, this d end group could be absolutely silly. Very excited to see them feast.

I'm hoping Blissett can give us something this year. The cat is pretty cut up for how big he is. His body type translates well to a pro 4-3 end.

He may be our starter after another year.
yep, he got that big lower body build, he will pair well with all the athletic freaks. If I had to choose though I would want him inside still

So Roche, Rousseau, Phillips, and Harvey will be our rotation. Who is the 5th dude and how big would it be to redshirt both Chantz and Q Williams?

isnt blisset now a DE?
i assume **** get a lot of burn esp against run heavy teams as he seems more like a strong side setting the edge type of DE to me

Advertisement
Ah my bad boss. As long as our top 4 guys are healthy, this d end group could be absolutely silly. Very excited to see them feast.
I’m not a coach. But I would assume that anyone that can be at least somewhat competent at the position of DC can feast with what we have at that position. We don’t necessarily have to lead the nation in sacks but we should be up there near the top. We should also at the very least be causing serious breakdowns on what offenses want to do.

The kid looks the part, man. I've seen him on several occasions and he did not look like a true FR. He passes the eye test. I'm very excited to see him. I think he still might be somewhat lost in a rotation that will likely feature a lot of Rousseau and Roche but he may be a player before he leaves Coral Gables. We've tended to recruit DE that need to mature physically but this kid looked ready last year.

isnt blisset now a DE?
i assume **** get a lot of burn esp against run heavy teams as he seems more like a strong side setting the edge type of DE to me
Yes I forgot he moved to DE as I said in a previous post. He will likely be our 5th guy and we could have the luxury of redshirting Chantz and Q Williams.

Advertisement
He said that in the recent article above.
Doubt it’s true either way, chantz williams Ran a verified 4.56 40 last year at the Nike combine and Jaelan Philips had a verified 4.60 or 4.65 40 yard dash at 6’5 250 in highschool. If I’m putting money on it chantz Williams is the fastest end he just wasn’t full go. I dont Think harvey is faster than Phillips(who is the most talented dend we have imo) we will see.

Advertisement
Doubt it’s true either way, chantz williams Ran a verified 4.56 40 last year at the Nike combine and Jaelan Philips had a verified 4.60 or 4.65 40 yard dash at 6’5 250 in highschool. If I’m putting money on it chantz Williams is the fastest end he just wasn’t full go. I dont Think harvey is faster than Phillips(who is the most talented dend we have imo) we will see.

You think Phillips more talented than 15? Wow, he gotta show me some things before I make that claim. I'm not going him that off his High School ranking. I think we have a killer set of DEs for sure though and Harvey gonna surprise people this year. Boy is a freak.
GR15
Roche
Phillips
Harvey

That is LOADED

You think Phillips more talented than 15? Wow, he gotta show me some things before I make that claim. I'm not gibing him that off his High School ranking. I think we have a killer set of DEs for sure though and Harvey gonna surprise people this year. Boy is a freak.
Yeah, Phillips imo is the most gifted dend recruit to come to college since Myles Garrett imo . He’s that talented, Phillips is a freak. Obviously Rousseau is very talented in his own right, 2 gifted players

Yeah, Phillips imo is the most gifted dend in recruit to come to college since Myles Garrett imo . He’s that talented, Phillips is a freak. Obviously Rousseau is very talented in his own right, 2 gifted players

As a recruit he was All World, but I need to see it on the field before I can crown him. GR and Roche have earned theirs, I'm hoping Phillips does as well. He had 40 tackles and 4 sacks in 2 seasons at UCLA, I'm hoping he becomes a star here.

Advertisement
Back