Jahfari and Chantz, let's see what our coaches are developing!

Most people have lives that don't revolve around cfb....
I do as well but I used to work in it for 2.5 years. I’m not nearly as in-tune as I was back in 2018. Point being.. if you don’t understand or have no idea what you’re talking about.. don’t say it.

I can simplify the basics.. it’s Clemson and Alabama in tier 1 and they’re going to basically beat anyone they play and win 95% of their games. There’s about 8 teams in tier 2 and they’re going to lose a game here or there and would split about 50/50 H2H and win 10% of the time against tier 1 H2H. Then, tier 3 is essentially a group of about 25-30 schools that could win or lose any game against each other at anytime, probably get blown out by tier 1 every time, and win here and there against tier 2. Our fan base acts like we’re tier 1 when we’re not even tier 2 right now.

Advertisement
I do as well but I used to work in it for 2.5 years. I’m not nearly as in-tune as I was back in 2018. Point being.. if you don’t understand or have no idea what you’re talking about.. don’t say it.

I can simplify the basics.. it’s Clemson and Alabama in tier 1 and they’re going to basically beat anyone they play and win 95% of their games. There’s about 8 teams in tier 2 and they’re going to lose a game here or there and would split about 50/50 H2H and win 10% of the time against tier 1 H2H. Then, tier 3 is essentially a group of about 25-30 schools that could win or lose any game against each other at anytime, probably get blown out by tier 1 every time, and win here and there against tier 2. Our fan base acts like we’re tier 1 when we’re not even tier 2 right now.
oakland athletics pat on the back GIF by MLB

I'm not the bashing type but I can see both sides. I can see the side where people are frustrated with the lack of development of players and the constant chasing the tail cycle that is been going on at Miami since at least 2006. We all know the REAL reasons behind that which have been discussed here time and again. Now on the other hand this program could be in worse shape. Take Nebraska. How long has it been since they have had a WINNING season? 4-5 years? Look at Texas. All that $$$ but all for not. Michigan is a mess and a half. I have no idea what is going on at USC but it cant be better than Miami. I'm not even going to mention the FSU cesspool. So again we as fans just want a championship caliber team that can make the CFP or at worse come really close on a consistent basis.

Advertisement
I'm worried about bootlegs, reverses, misdirections. That's always the big learning curve for young DEs.

Advertisement
I do believe we lose this game. I just want it to be competitive and not some blow out.

I'm not the bashing type but I can see both sides. I can see the side where people are frustrated with the lack of development of players and the constant chasing the tail cycle that is been going on at Miami since at least 2006. We all know the REAL reasons behind that which have been discussed here time and again. Now on the other hand this program could be in worse shape. Take Nebraska. How long has it been since they have had a WINNING season? 4-5 years? Look at Texas. All that $$$ but all for not. Michigan is a mess and a half. I have no idea what is going on at USC but it cant be better than Miami. I'm not even going to mention the FSU cesspool. So again we as fans just want a championship caliber team that can make the CFP or at worse come really close on a consistent basis.

Consistently competing for an ACC title and a playoff shot at Miami really isn't an absurd ask of fans.

A competent athletic department with our recruiting grounds... we're up against the UNCs and Duke's of the world for Christ sake.

While I agree with you that the vast majority of Canes fans are morons, I tend to believe the vast majority of people are morons. I think if you were to spend time on other teams forums you would find them to be loaded with mouth breathing morons as well. As an example look at the way Alabama fans behave after a rare loss.
099E6674-6FDF-4040-B11B-4BE88672EC90.jpeg

Advertisement

THIS. I've said the same thing. We are a Tier 3 program just like a slew of other better than average teams out there. And sadly, that is improvement because Golden left us as a G5 program. We've got to make it into Tier 2 with the likes of ND, Oklahoma, Ohio State, UF and LSU first. These are teams that recruit Top 10 talent consistently each year, stack talent, maintain good coaching staffs and can be virtually counted on to win 10 games each season. This is where we need strive to be as a next step.

We can't even think about being competitive with Bama and Clemson until we can take this next step. The 2021 class will go a long long way in getting us there. There's some **** good talent in this incoming class. Talent that we haven't seen hit Greentree in over a decade. Add an equally strong 2022 class on top of what we will already have, and we will have something formidable.

The remaining area to address though is the coaching staff. We don't have the talent manning the sidelines like the programs I listed earlier. We simply cannot get into that second tier without upgrading our staff.

I liked Joyner. Thought he could do well here. But we have some future NFL starters at DE, and he was never able to process quickly enough to be a reliable OLB.

I've come to believe that to be a good LB you need a very high football IQ and excellent instincts. Makes it hard for the fast-twitch HS kids who only played rush end to develop quickly enough at LB to be effective at the P5 level, even if athletically they are ready. I think Joyner fits that description.

Advertisement
People, in general, are HUGE morons. I think the "average" IQ is in the low 90s or high 80s (don't quote me). So, yes, I get it. And for sure, college football boards are not the most rational mediums. Agree with you 1000%. But I'm talking more about the complete lack of understanding or context. Every fanbase gets ****ed when a team loses, every fanbase wants a coach fired, the backup QB is always the most popular player, etc. But this board by far the worst I've ever seen when it comes to a complete lack of support for EVERYONE involved with the program at even the smallest hint of adversity.

I GUARANTEE you I can find posts on here in 4 seconds of people either being happy or indifferent to Phillips declaring for the draft because "we're better off" and "NC's backs are still running" like they're ******* comedians. There's just no context here. The University of Florida, as much as I want them all to die, have won 3 national championships in their history. They have had ZERO undefeated seasons. None. But mediocre Miami, if you lose a game or even come close to losing one, everyone sucks, everyone is clueless, everyone needs to be fired and then shot. It's the perspective and complete lack of ability to even remotely see big picture that blows my mind here.
While true, we’ve been averaging 5 losses a year for the last 15 years.... so how exactly are they that off? Is a lot more going well than not? We are a barely middle of the pack ACC team for two decades

Advertisement
Back