Jaelan Phillips: ESPN feature story

Advertisement
In all fairness....where he was coaching when Phillips was a HS there was less than zero chance they could get him. Wasnt he at LA Tech?
Diaz offered a scholarship to a player that was going to play on Baker's unit.

Baker should have been all over the available tape to see what he was getting.

Advertisement
Diaz offered a scholarship to a player that was going to play on Baker's unit.

Baker should have been all over the available tape to see what he was getting.
I must have misunderstood you. I thought you meant when Phillips was coming out of HS Baker didn't watch his film. Didn't realize you meant when Phillips came to UM.

It's still early but I could see Phillips coming back. He's not going to have the background pressure to leave that others have to contend with. Combine that with a checkered injury history and only 10 college games played so far, he'd be a risky draft choice.
i feel this way too. He's also very vested in his music education. I could see him staying one more year.

“When your best players practice and play as hard as he does, it sets a standard," Miami defensive coordinator Blake Baker said. "That's something that hasn't necessarily been the case around here, especially among the older players."

Until we get our culture right, we’ll continue to perennially underachieve. Players like King and Phillips are leading by example with their work ethic this season and you can see it permeating throughout the team, hopefully we can maintain that once they’re gone.
smh. When I read this the first person I thought of was pope and mallory. You can tell they booth *** around a lot and don't take the game serious enough. Dam shame when your laziest workers are your older players and wtf is Diaz doing about it? He's been part of this program for awhile now. He needs to get on these slackers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back