Jaelan Phillips-5 Star UCLA transfer

Advertisement
what an off-season, Im astounded by the impact that Diaz has made in such a short time.

He's made the U fashionable again, in weeks

Diaz has rescued all of us from the shipRicht

Seriously the end of the year was so bad. I think it was actually worse than when Golden was about to be fired. Some very dark dark days. I know I didn’t even care about watching the last few games this year and that is hard to say when I have watched every single Miami game in the last 18 years.

Don’t see how that would even add up tbqh

Basically just plugging those guys and their rankings into our current class. I’m not doing that. I’m separating them just as they are with their remaining years of eligibility. All that blended crap is for cubshine pumpers who want to say we had better classes than 99% of America. The real answer is we had a bad class and Manny salvaged it in the portal. Let’s just leave it as it is.

Basically just plugging those guys and their rankings into our current class. I’m not doing that. I’m separating them just as they are with their remaining years of eligibility. All that blended crap is for cubshine pumpers who want to say we had better classes than 99% of America. The real answer is we had a bad class and Manny salvaged it in the portal. Let’s just leave it as it is.
Exactly

Advertisement
Someone close to the program confirmed he was in for one day. Gone already.

This is what Hurts did at his OU visit and people completely wrote them off because he wasn't there long.

Sounds like Phillips saw all he needed to see and didn't need to BS around. Probably visited the academic dept to make sure he had everything in order to transfer asap, hung out with a few players, and hit the road to pack his ****.

Advertisement
These 1 year recruits are like hired guns. They are not worried about the extracurricular activities as much. They probably had great off field relationships at their oldschools. Not everyone is arobert marve transfer. They are coming to get their best chance in the league. Phillips probably expectsto never use his 2nd yr

Mercenary U. Hopefully this can help us bridge the gap on some pretty awful recruiting. Getting this guy would be a huge pull.

As Manolo said on The Audible Podcast...

He doesn't want to make a habit of going after Mercenaries, but, right now, he needs to.

Advertisement
I disagree. You dont get do-overs, and waiting to see all your options is what has plagued this program for 15 years. Manny acted, and the portal momentum itself has helped us with other kids.

Also, Manny himself has said the transfers are partly about bringing maturity and good habits to the team ... so that has to be factored in here as well.
I feel the same about "waiting" on those sfla divas to make us look like fools at the end placing a hat on the table....wish I had a list of kids we missed out on by basically putting all of our eggs in one basket....losing programs cannot afford to wait too long...waiting to see options and waiting on sfla kids to only place a hat at the table, has hurt us from getting good talent that fit our system...we are not a winning program with that type of luxury....Manny utilizing the portal has definitely changed that goofy *** mindset of the program....now we gotta have a few winning seasons to change that losing perception local recruits and parents have about this program....winning changes everything....

Advertisement
I feel the same about "waiting" on those sfla divas to make us look like fools at the end placing a hat on the table....wish I had a list of kids we missed out on by basically putting all of our eggs in one basket....losing programs cannot afford to wait too long...waiting to see options and waiting on sfla kids to only place a hat at the table, has hurt us from getting good talent that fit our system...we are not a winning program with that type of luxury....Manny utilizing the portal has definitely changed that goofy *** mindset of the program....now we gotta have a few winning seasons to change that losing perception local recruits and parents have about this program....winning changes everything....
One thing I will say in partial defense of all of those kids is that the sucker in the discussion was UM. For too many of them, we should have known where we stood. If we didn't, we're not good at something we better be good at. If we did, and still hung around to be humiliated, then we've been run by cucks, which we pretty much know to be the case anyhow. At an absolute minimum, local knowledge and relationships should mean a reasonable sense of the landscape. Plus access. Talking to coaches, family, friends, teammates. Add in a bit of self-awareness. If we can't get that right, keep firing people until we have a grasp of recruiting.

Teenagers are about as predictable as women (hint: predictable). If a dork with a sweater-vest talks to the hottest girl in a club., he might think she's going home with him, but he probably should try first to notice who else she's talking to. If he can't figure out how to understand how she sees him, then ... well, that's been UM. Surprised that the hot chicks are going home with better looking fellows, with nicer clothes, nicer cars. We don't need to target uglier girls. We need to be a better choice.

One thing I will say in partial defense of all of those kids is that the sucker in the discussion was UM. For too many of them, we should have known where we stood. If we didn't, we're not good at something we better be good at. If we did, and still hung around to be humiliated, then we've been run by cucks, which we pretty much know to be the case anyhow. At an absolute minimum, local knowledge and relationships should mean a reasonable sense of the landscape. Plus access. Talking to coaches, family, friends, teammates. Add in a bit of self-awareness. If we can't get that right, keep firing people until we have a grasp of recruiting.

Teenagers are about as predictable as women (hint: predictable). If a dork with a sweater-vest talks to the hottest girl in a club., he might think she's going home with him, but he probably should try first to notice who else she's talking to. If he can't figure out how to understand how she sees him, then ... well, that's been UM. Surprised that the hot chicks are going home with better looking fellows, with nicer clothes, nicer cars. We don't need to target uglier girls. We need to be a better choice.

the wez and the cis have consistently been ahead of UM wrt where kids end up in the crootin game unfortunately...

the wez and the cis have consistently been ahead of UM wrt where kids end up in the crootin game unfortunately...
Yep. And it’s one thing to keep tryin, cause you got to maybe, but tweeting kisses at a chick who’s already gone home with someone else, that’s a bad look.

Advertisement
Back