Jaelan Phillips-5 Star UCLA transfer

Advertisement
As a black man I hope that Fields get the waiver due to that racist POS. But good god that would set a peculiar precedent. So anytime someone (student or drunk random fan) says something a player deems racist or offensive they can immediately ask for and be granted a transfer? I’m interested to see how the NCAA rules here. The entire SEC and Big 12 should be nervous as ****! This has really only happened in those two conferences the last few years.

If they do it for Fields, they’ll have to do it with everyone. Fields situation may differ only because it was caught on tape. But Fields will be the precedent and if someone wants to transfer, they can/will go that route as I’m sure everyone has a time someone called them a bad name.

The only way the NCAA can lose is by denying. Can you imagine the public outcry if they deny a black student athlete for wanting to leave because of a racist environment? (Even though that’s not why he’s leaving).

NCAA should just get the approval stamp ready for all transfers unless the player is dumb enough to not come up with a semi decent reason.

If they do it for Fields, they’ll have to do it with everyone. Fields situation may differ only because it was caught on tape. But Fields will be the precedent and if someone wants to transfer, they can/will go that route as I’m sure everyone has a time someone called them a bad name.

The only way the NCAA can lose is by denying. Can you imagine the public outcry if they deny a black student athlete for wanting to leave because of a racist environment? (Even though that’s not why he’s leaving).

NCAA should just get the approval stamp ready for all transfers unless the player is dumb enough to not come up with a semi decent reason.

Fields will get one, which he doesn't remotely deserve, because the NCAA is way too PC to get into the race game.

Martell will not get one, because he doesn't remotely deserve it, and because the NCAA will not catch any backlash for denying it, as they would if they denied Fields'.

Advertisement
Fields will get one, which he doesn't remotely deserve, because the NCAA is way too PC to get into the race game.

Martell will not get one, because he doesn't remotely deserve it, and because the NCAA will not catch any backlash for denying it, as they would if they denied Fields'.
I think Martell may have the perfect storm

Who knows what texts he has from his less recruiter Zach Smith. I'm sure the NCAA wants no smoke with anything dealing with Zach Smith

6'5 255 is a DE
Most 6'5" 255 lb. guys can't run and change direction like him. Like a poster said earlier this guy is an athletic freak who could line up anywhere in the front 7. Imagine the blitzes we can scheme for this guy from multiple points of attack. Use him everywhere and let him run to the ball with bad intentions.

Advertisement
Bring me him, Hill and the boy from Africa!

1548164734937.png

Bulls who can help us win right away.

Advertisement
Serious question

If we get Phillips

When was the last time we had a team this talented?

Chad Thomas was a borderline 5.star. Willis was a 5 star and clearly deserved it. Our defenses have been talented.

Without Willis this year I think we see a slight drop off even if we get all these guys from the portal. That kid was THE disruptive force last season.

You sleep bruh lol, imo he’s more of a 5 star than Nolan smith anyday....

Don’t know if anyone remembers but he was begging for an offer and Kul wouldn’t look his way. Was steadfast on DJ Johnson. You take this kid like it’s free money.

Advertisement
I think Martell may have the perfect storm

Who knows what texts he has from his less recruiter Zach Smith. I'm sure the NCAA wants no smoke with anything dealing with Zach Smith

I sure hope you're right. I'm just not remotely holding my breath.

A VERY questionable argument for a kid at Miami of all places vs the NCAA. Yeah. I'm preparing like this kid will be in street clothes all year and will do a backflip if somehow, someway we get lucky. But it's Miami vs the NCAA at the end of the day. Good luck.

Of course he’s a ******* monster. You don’t get crowned the best player in the entire country if you’re not a monster.
i believe they have him ranked as the 40th best prospect of all time. let that sink in for a minute.

anyone know what other schools he is considering.

haven't gone through the whole thread so not sure if this was addressed; but I read an article on him that he has been injury prone and has already had a couple of concussions? If we have room bring him in, but it is a risky prospect given the type of injuries he has sustained in a very physical position.

Advertisement
Back