Jaelan Phillips-5 Star UCLA transfer

Advertisement
Kid’s measurables, body type and playing style reminds me of Dolphins HOF Jason Taylor. Not saying he is on JT’s level, but seems like the same kind of twitchy, fast, tall, long wingspan athlete with a very high-motor and high football IQ.

You take this kid and pray that he stays healthy. If he does, he will eat BIG TIME under Simp and Manny. No doubt about it. Dude runs like a WR and hits with bad intentions.

Advertisement
77A5AB20-974D-4F8A-8CE1-AEE477EDD190.jpeg

Hopeful. He’s just liked this tweet.

Chip Kelly always runs trash defenses.........to me it was a bad hire then for UCLA and still think it was a bad hire.

Facts. The kid was the number one overall recruit 2 years ago. He has tons of talent. Just because Chip couldn't use him doesn't mean Manny can't. He actually put up decent numbers his fresh year too.

Advertisement
lol dont look now but I hope he turns out better than 'the predator' or whoever that kid who couldnt touch the field was from Cali a few years ago.

holy fuq i remember this kid that cycle, and I was like wtf how is he a 5 star. I can never forget that face too Im like bruh this dude is not even as good as that ranking but has alot of tools to work with. 4 star yes, I would still take him to see what MD can do with him in a attacking style D

He has great pursuit though, i thought he was a bit over rated that cycle high 4 star IMO but u have to take a good with these physical tools.

You sleep bruh lol, imo he’s more of a 5 star than Nolan smith anyday....

Advertisement
While I agree that that is a reach, I don't think it is a bigger reach than Tate's or Field's. If Fields can get a waiver for some racist comment said by a guy that was kicked off the university and Tate can get one because Urban Meyer retired, why wouldn't someone for a school no longer offering their major. I think that is a much bigger deal.

As a Cane fan I want all the waivers to be granted, but if I take off my orange and green glassess none of these should be granted. But if I had to choose who had the best case, I would pick Jaelen if his major really is no longer offered, if that would happen to a regular student they would transfer right away as well.

As a black man I hope that Fields get the waiver due to that racist POS. But good god that would set a peculiar precedent. So anytime someone (student or drunk random fan) says something a player deems racist or offensive they can immediately ask for and be granted a transfer? I’m interested to see how the NCAA rules here. The entire SEC and Big 12 should be nervous as ****! This has really only happened in those two conferences the last few years.

Advertisement
Why on Wikipedia, I kno it’s Wikipedia and anybody can edit it, does it have him already transfered to Miami 😂😂😂, fingers crossed hopefully true

Chip Kelly always runs trash defenses.........to me it was a bad hire then for UCLA and still think it was a bad hire.
Actually his last defenses at Oregon were pretty legit. Produced some first rounders even.

But your point still stands in that he doesn't put a priority in defense. He just lucked into Nick Allioti as his DC then. Kinda like when Spurrier had Stoops.

Advertisement
Back