Jaelan Phillips-5 Star UCLA transfer

Advertisement
......y’all are aware that Phillips would have to sit a year right? Wouldn’t be any Hill and Phillips next year on field at same time.

Could he play WLB in nickel? I don't think Pickney is that dude. I thought Wilder could be but he's been injured. Would like to see someone with range come in on passing downs
You realize Pinckney was our best coverae lb last year right? Not saying that means much but if you don't think Pinckney is that dude because of his coverage ability well then you don't like any of our backers lol

......y’all are aware that Phillips would have to sit a year right? Wouldn’t be any Hill and Phillips next year on field at same time.

Maybe, he could get a waiver. I mean it is weird that he and their former 5* RB both had career ending concussions on the same day.

He redshirted this year, in addition to that I think A waiver is doable considering UCLA doesn’t offer his major anymore and if he transfers to a school that does then that’s a case a good lawyer could exploit

Advertisement
You realize Pinckney was our best coverae lb last year right? Not saying that means much but if you don't think Pinckney is that dude because of his coverage ability well then you don't like any of our backers lol

Pinkney was the top rated coverage LB in the ACC

I’m aware he redshirted, but he is transferring that’s why he would sit out a year. Lol 0% chance a kid gets a waiver because his former school no longer offers the major the kid wants. You know **** well that is quite the reach. I don’t think him sitting a year would be a bad thing. I know he would still practice so still be subject to contact but I still think a year “off”’would help him.

Yeah saying Picnckney isn't that dude is about the dumbest thing I have ever read. Kid is a baller .

Advertisement
He redshirted this year, in addition to that I think A waiver is doable considering UCLA doesn’t offer his major anymore and if he transfers to a school that does then that’s a case a good lawyer could exploit
UCLA got rid of his major while he was enrolled? That's the only way getting a waiver is even kinda plausible here.

I’m aware he redshirted, but he is transferring that’s why he would sit out a year. Lol 0% chance a kid gets a waiver because his former school no longer offers the major the kid wants. You know **** well that is quite the reach. I don’t think him sitting a year would be a bad thing. I know he would still practice so still be subject to contact but I still think a year “off”’would help him.
Actually if UCLA truly doesn't offer the major he wants he could get a waiver fairly easy. Really getting waivers these days are pretty easy overall but in that instance it would be automatic. But even so if he sits out a year he sits out a year. Kid is a monster.

Actually if UCLA truly doesn't offer the major he wants he could get a waiver fairly easy. Really getting waivers these days are pretty easy overall but in that instance it would be automatic. But even so if he sits out a year he sits out a year. Kid is a monster.

I’d be shocked, but I guess we’ll see.

Advertisement
While I agree that that is a reach, I don't think it is a bigger reach than Tate's or Field's. If Fields can get a waiver for some racist comment said by a guy that was kicked off the university and Tate can get one because Urban Meyer retired, why wouldn't someone for a school no longer offering their major. I think that is a much bigger deal.

As a Cane fan I want all the waivers to be granted, but if I take off my orange and green glassess none of these should be granted. But if I had to choose who had the best case, I would pick Jaelen if his major really is no longer offered, if that would happen to a regular student they would transfer right away as well.

holy fuq i remember this kid that cycle, and I was like wtf how is he a 5 star. I can never forget that face too Im like bruh this dude is not even as good as that ranking but has alot of tools to work with. 4 star yes, I would still take him to see what MD can do with him in a attacking style D

He has great pursuit though, i thought he was a bit over rated that cycle high 4 star IMO but u have to take a good with these physical tools.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think waiver claims are going to be normalized and most will be successful. NCAA will do anything to protect 'amateurism' and line their pockets at the expense of players. Conceding some player movement is the lesser of two evils for them.

It's not hard to get a waiver

Advertisement
Back