Jaelan Phillips-5 Star UCLA transfer

Advertisement
If you play 4 games or less than you redshirt that year.

Unless be redshirted before..which he didn't, then he should be eligible immediately
Years of eligibility =/= being immediately eligible to play.

To play immediately as a transfer, you either need to graduate from your original school or acquire a waiver.

Players can not play a single down for 3 years, transfer and still have to sit unless they fall under the above situations.

In his statement when he left UCLA , he said his reasoning was because they don’t offer the major he wants to pursue. Isn’t that grounds for immediate eligibility according to transfer rules ?
I don't think it would I mean why would they stop using your major?

Advertisement
Years of eligibility =/= being immediately eligible to play.

To play immediately as a transfer, you either need to graduate from your original school or acquire a waiver.

Players can not play a single down for 3 years, transfer and still have to sit unless they fall under the above situations.
Thanks for clearing that up, I was under the wrong impression.

With knowing that it's even more shocking the amount of people entering the portal

Advertisement
If his concussion concerns are cleared by a doctor and he is willing to sit out for a year, this could work out VERY well!! Potentially, the starting DE's for 2020 could be Rousseau/Phillips, assuming Garvin applies for the draft. Also, with the way Simpson and Manny sub DL in and out, it's almost irrelevant who starts. If you are doing well and are still fresh, you're going to get plenty of reps to show your wares.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nope...he hasn't and won't graduate in time. Just because someone redshirts doesn't mean they don't have sit a year.

Affording to 247, a pretty reputable source, he has...
Screenshot_20190121-193044.png

Advertisement
Back