Jaeden Roberts 2021 4 * OG is a Recruit UM Should Call

Advertisement
We don't have any true guards on our roster other than Donaldson. That's why we can't get any interior push on inside zone runs. Playing OG is both a mentality and body type. We have centers and short tackle body type ( scaife).

Go Canes
what about big baby? and i agree bring him in we need as much power as we can get. in the middle

Advertisement
Miami Hurricanes Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

I LIKE THE KID.....FOR UM

CB. at be a bigger priority, but we have more than one spot open.

it if any doesn’t understand the importance of OL and the need there, then he has t learned anything in his time at Miami.

6 OL over 2 classes is not enough. And Paranos is right - this sort of kid would make a big difference to our line.
correct.

ideally, you want minimum 7, but optimally 8 over a two year cycle, and that is IF you have one kid in each year who can play both G and C. Given the difficulty of projecting OL, you really do need to be at those numbers over 2 cycles, with no cycle being less than 3.

the other recruiting rule of thumb that you just can't break is the one QB per year, and the one TB per year. the rest you plan as injuries, departures, development, and attrition dictates. but the hard and fast on the OL/QB/TB are pretty much gospel.

correct.

ideally, you want minimum 7, but optimally 8 over a two year cycle, and that is IF you have one kid in each year who can play both G and C. Given the difficulty of projecting OL, you really do need to be at those numbers over 2 cycles, with no cycle being less than 3.

the other recruiting rule of thumb that you just can't break is the one QB per year, and the one TB per year. the rest you plan as injuries, departures, development, and attrition dictates. but the hard and fast on the OL/QB/TB are pretty much gospel.
2020: Rivers, Walker, Washington and J Williams
2021: Rodriguez, Seymore and McLaughlin

Not a bad two year cycle run here and yes, would be nice if we can add one more ideally from High School come February.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good post, Paranos. I'm all in as well. Keep building up our lines and he has some solid ability at that massive size playing against good competition.

Absolutely have to. U gotta have the trench game solid. Have said this since I first joined here. Need to make it easier on our RBs & QBs, not harder. Let the best compete against the best. Our interior is straight mush puppies.

Paramos, do you ever send your tips to the recruiting office? Presumably their on top of things like this, but maybe not. I believe emails for all staff are on Hurricanesports.com website.

Advertisement
If we want to have any success in the future, it starts in the trenches. These guys are very hit or miss, and you can't have enough of them on both lines because their trajectories vary so much. If UM is looking for another OL, which they should be given the low numbers over 2 years, he's the kind of guy they could use.

Advertisement
Back