Jadon Haselwood

this is random but that 07 squad was Richt's best uga team
Only the 2002 team of his would have for sure went to the playoffs, if they had existed. The 4 teams are picked before the bowls happen, not after. In 2007 UGA was 3rd before the conference championships, then dropped to 5th after, so they wouldn't have gone that year. In 2012 UGA dropped out of the top 4 after the loss to Bama in their conference championship and UF moved to the top 4. It could be argued that a committee could have given them another chance due to the close game, but if you just go by the rankings, they wouldn't have made it. Most UGA fans I know also don't hate Richt. They believe he lost his fire after his early years, which was also around the time his wife was diagnosed with cancer I think. His issues were more that he played down to the level of his competition and had a vanilla style about him rather than going for the throat. Richt was always a great person til the end though. Even paying his other coaches a bonus out of his salary. I wish nothing but the best for him and am glad he made UGA a stable program. Was lurking here and found it interesting. Either way, good luck to him and Miami.

Advertisement
Only the 2002 team of his would have for sure went to the playoffs, if they had existed. The 4 teams are picked before the bowls happen, not after. In 2007 UGA was 3rd before the conference championships, then dropped to 5th after, so they wouldn't have gone that year. In 2012 UGA dropped out of the top 4 after the loss to Bama in their conference championship and UF moved to the top 4. It could be argued that a committee could have given them another chance due to the close game, but if you just go by the rankings, they wouldn't have made it. Most UGA fans I know also don't hate Richt. They believe he lost his fire after his early years, which was also around the time his wife was diagnosed with cancer I think. His issues were more that he played down to the level of his competition and had a vanilla style about him rather than going for the throat. Richt was always a great person til the end though. Even paying his other coaches a bonus out of his salary. I wish nothing but the best for him and am glad he made UGA a stable program. Was lurking here and found it interesting. Either way, good luck to him and Miami.
Respect.

richt lost his fire? bull****... the blame is squarely on the AD and Tarkenton and a few other boosters I will not name. Vanilla offense? whatever. Bobo was throwing up 40 points a game. get out of here with that crap. after bobo left for a HC Richt was forced to hire schotenheimer (spelling). That is a fact! 100%. don't be coming on here with that bull****. We are running a vanilla offense now at Miami for one reason and one reason only, we have yet to get the roster filled with the talent we need and depth. if our qb can't hit the side of a battleship or do a descent job in read progression, you have to run simple plays

richt lost his fire? bull****... the blame is squarely on the AD and Tarkenton and a few other boosters I will not name. Vanilla offense? whatever. Bobo was throwing up 40 points a game. get out of here with that crap. after bobo left for a HC Richt was forced to hire schotenheimer (spelling). That is a fact! 100%. don't be coming on here with that bull****. We are running a vanilla offense now at Miami for one reason and one reason only, we have yet to get the roster filled with the talent we need and depth. if our qb can't hit the side of a battleship or do a descent job in read progression, you have to run simple plays
By vanilla I meant conservative play calling. Calling a draw on third and long every time, never going for it on fourth and short etc. I do believe that the administration forcing his hand near the end made him want to check out, so I agree with you there. ****, Richt complained about no indoor practice facility for years and nothing happened until Smart got there and now he gets whatever he wants. It's clear they wanted Richt gone by seeing how much they do for Smart. When I said he lost his fire I meant his passion for UGA, not coaching. I don't follow Miami much, but from the quick turnaround its clear the issues at UGA couldn't solely be placed on Richt. Not here to flame your board, just to give insight on the conversation I saw. UGA fans still love Richt. Dude was a great coach and better person. After Paul Oliver took his own life Richt created a resource for players after they finished school and that means a lot to a fellow Harrison High School alum.

By vanilla I meant conservative play calling. Calling a draw on third and long every time, never going for it on fourth and short etc. I do believe that the administration forcing his hand near the end made him want to check out, so I agree with you there. ****, Richt complained about no indoor practice facility for years and nothing happened until Smart got there and now he gets whatever he wants. It's clear they wanted Richt gone by seeing how much they do for Smart. When I said he lost his fire I meant his passion for UGA, not coaching. I don't follow Miami much, but from the quick turnaround its clear the issues at UGA couldn't solely be placed on Richt. Not here to flame your board, just to give insight on the conversation I saw.

cant argue with people who don't want to see it

Advertisement

Yeah I wasn't taking any of the other BS into account when I said that my friend, just simply off the eye test IMO that 07 squad was Richt best UGA team. They finished 2nd in AP, 3rd in Coaches Poll. I think nobody wanted a piece of that squad in the post season. Knowshon, our Thomas Brown, and Kregg Lumpkin were a good trio of backs.

thanks for posting! I have a very close friend that is a UGA fanatic/booster and to this day he loves Richt and interesting enough they love his wife even more. He hates Miami but loves Mr and Mrs Richt. Its clear that they left a positive imprint in the community.

Yeah I wasn't taking any of the other BS into account when I said that my friend, just simply off the eye test IMO that 07 squad was Richt best UGA team. They finished 2nd in AP, 3rd in Coaches Poll. I think nobody wanted a piece of that squad in the post season. Knowshon, our Thomas Brown, and Kregg Lumpkin were a good trio of backs.
Agree 100% on the 2007 team. As far as Hazelwood goes, I’ve heard on our end that Miami is a legit threat, maybe more so than OU since they used their OV so early. Auburn is a threat as well and his family seems to have a relationship with Cam Newton, who has visited their house a couple times. It will depend on how Fromm/Fields progress our passing game. Though I’m sure it’s obvious y’all are in it since a Georgia fan found their way to this thread.
To the other poster, Richt and his wife did a ton for the school and its fans. IMO you let someone like that leave on their terms or at least ask them to move on rather than do them dirty by sabotaging their last year. I agree it was the right decision to move on, but the way the AD did it just seemed low.

Advertisement
Agree 100% on the 2007 team. As far as Hazelwood goes, I’ve heard on our end that Miami is a legit threat, maybe more so than OU since they used their OV so early. Auburn is a threat as well and his family seems to have a relationship with Cam Newton, who has visited their house a couple times. It will depend on how Fromm/Fields progress our passing game. Though I’m sure it’s obvious y’all are in it since a Georgia fan found their way to this thread.
To the other poster, Richt and his wife did a ton for the school and its fans. IMO you let someone like that leave on their terms or at least ask them to move on rather than do them dirty by sabotaging their last year. I agree it was the right decision to move on, but the way the AD did it just seemed low.

Just saw Demetrius Robertson got his waiver approved so it looks like he is a go for UGA this season. What do you think that will mean for Haselwood? I have seen speculation on your board that he may be a 1 and done if he gets to play in 2018.

By vanilla I meant conservative play calling. Calling a draw on third and long every time, never going for it on fourth and short etc. I do believe that the administration forcing his hand near the end made him want to check out, so I agree with you there. ****, Richt complained about no indoor practice facility for years and nothing happened until Smart got there and now he gets whatever he wants. It's clear they wanted Richt gone by seeing how much they do for Smart. When I said he lost his fire I meant his passion for UGA, not coaching. I don't follow Miami much, but from the quick turnaround its clear the issues at UGA couldn't solely be placed on Richt. Not here to flame your board, just to give insight on the conversation I saw. UGA fans still love Richt. Dude was a great coach and better person. After Paul Oliver took his own life Richt created a resource for players after they finished school and that means a lot to a fellow Harrison High School alum.

You make it sound like Kirby is responsible for UGAs indoor facility. I’m sure you’re right in that the faculty gives Kirby everything he wants, especially compared to what Richt got. I’m also sure that Kirby made it clear that if they wanted to compete, he needed everything under the sun. It’s the landscape of college football nowadays. Tom Herman said the same thing when he got to Texas, “if Alabama, Clemson, or OSU has it, we need to have it”.

But UGAs indoor facility was lobbied for, approved for, and designed by Mark Richt. They broke ground on it in late 2015, early 2016 right around the time he was fired. Which means he had to have spent at least a year before that meeting with architects and contracting companies to design it and iron out every detail. The construction took a while and the Facility was named like a year after its completion in 2017 but that doesn’t change the fact that along with a near top 5 recruiting class (including the #1 rated QB, ATH, and TE of the class) plus the studs that were already on that team that CMR had recruited there (Chubb and Sony, just to name two) Kirby walked in to an IPF already being built.

So basically Mark Richt has successfully planned out and gotten two IPFs approved and built at two top programs (maybe there’s a statistic on this?). I think CMR has all the tools to be successful here in Miami, many of those tools he’s put in place like our IPF. But let’s not for a millisecond try to compare the state of the Georgia program that Kirby inherited from Richt to the one Richt inherited from Golden down here at Miami.

Just saw Demetrius Robertson got his waiver approved so it looks like he is a go for UGA this season. What do you think that will mean for Haselwood? I have seen speculation on your board that he may be a 1 and done if he gets to play in 2018.
I think Robertson has the talent to be a one and done, but the offense would have to change a lot to give him the numbers to be an early pick. He had a weird recruitment with his brother handler and then this transfer announcement video where he says how humble he is makes me think he’ll leave early regardless.
I just brought up the indoor facility to show how the administration worked against richt. Richt lobbied for a while to get that and Kirby got a new recruiting facility just like that. Smart picked his assistant coaches while the AD forced Pruitt on Richt and also gave Pruitt way more power than a coordinator should have. I can’t say what happened for sure, but it does look to me they set Richt up to fail his last year and he deserved more from UGA. Without him UGA wouldn’t have had the year they had last year. I am optimistic about Kirby, but it’s way too early to crown him.

60% chance Jadon comes. we produce on the field and our passing game is on fire....he comin... we get to the acc champ, win we go to CFB, lose we got to the peach bowl. even if we go to the peach bowl, it would be abig recruiting for us in the Atlanta area.

Advertisement
Staff selling him on the aj green and ahmon Richards role here

No doubt they're telling him he'll be the alpha if he comes.....really important for Richards to have a huge year and also sprinkle a little Pope magic in there as well.

Hey Jadon, wanna catch 60 passes for 1100 yards and 9 TDs as a junior? Look how easy it is, and you'll even catch 25 for 400 and 4 TDs as a freshman just to let all the girls know who you are before you blow up.

60% chance Jadon comes. we produce on the field and our passing game is on fire....he comin... we get to the acc champ, win we go to CFB, lose we got to the peach bowl. even if we go to the peach bowl, it would be abig recruiting for us in the Atlanta area.

I was thinking like 5%. I mean, he's technically committed to another school right now.

Advertisement
Just getting that bag game up. Some of you are simple to think all he has to do is fort with Bama. Sure that is a way to do it. Another way to do it is to flirt with Miami because Georgia doesn't want to lose to Richt on the recruiting trail. There is more than one way to get something done. Also, Miami is a nice city to visit.

Just getting that bag game up. Some of you are simple to think all he has to do is fort with Bama. Sure that is a way to do it. Another way to do it is to flirt with Miami because Georgia doesn't want to lose to Richt on the recruiting trail. There is more than one way to get something done. Also, Miami is a nice city to visit.
Bama already has 2 WR’s committed. Jadon doesn’t even hold an offer from them...he isn’t trying to up his bag.

Last edited:

Ezzard is one of his best friends. He's good friends with Realus too. The interest is very legit and I wouldnt be surprised to see him flip by the first week of October...

Advertisement
Back