Jadon Haselwood

I'm trying not to do this to myself, but those **** Haselwood quotes are what you want to hear! If we have a good season and the offense shines, LOOK OUT!!

Advertisement
The big thing I took out the article is that his mom was impressed by the school and Richt per usual. The parents were pleasantly surprised to find the school was nothing like they had conceived it to be.

The only two officials he knows for sure are Miami and Georgia. He already took Oklahoma. Said a few other schools are after him - Auburn and FSu- but he doesn' know if he will do anything there. Still deciding

Advertisement
When you mention

Jadon Haselwood
in the recruiting world, heads turn and ears open up.

The 6-foot-3, 195 pound five-star wide receiver out of Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove has shined everywhere he has competed the last two-plus years, and not only has he made a strong case to be the No. 1 prospect at his position, but in the country.

This past weekend, after the dead period ended, many schools held big events. Some were camps, some were cookouts, some were a combination of both and many schools wanted Haselwood on their campus.

Mark Richt and the Miami Hurricanes won that battle.

Instead of going to Athens, where Georgia has their Reveal Party at Sanford Stadium, the Bulldog commit headed south to Coral Gables. It was his second time there in the last three months.

In today's world of social media, he took a little heat for it.

"Yeah, some of those Georgia fans were upset about me not being at Georgia, but I cannot worry about that. I have to do what is best for me," said Haselwood. "I have visited Georgia a lot and I made my mind up a while ago that I would be at Miami, so that was just my decision."

I'd still favor UGA in this one.

But.......I have to do what's best for me is usually telling in a recruitment.

Given that TS is likely going to UGA this cycle. It'd be nice to pluck a 5-star out of their backyard so we call even.

Am i the only one looking into it to much, that he worked out with Williams?. i know the Georgia connection, but is the staff hinting at who their future QB, will be?.

The only thing about his quotes that concerned me was that little line about Miami being a “Different environment than when Sean Taylor and them were there.” Wtf does that mean? Seems like someone has been negative recruiting the **** out of Miami to the Haselwoods. Either that or he listens to Cowherd and Mark May way too much. Either way, if this kid ends up at Miami with our current WR board, it speaks volumes about his confidence and willingness to compete. Dugans has that cupboard ******* stocked right now.

Advertisement
Am i the only one looking into it to much, that he worked out with Williams?. i know the Georgia connection, but is the staff hinting at who their future QB, will be?.

Could be a Georgia connection as well. Haselwood is a smart kid who is looking at everything. He may be close with Fields but isn’t sure if Fields will even play for another 2-3 years depending on Fromm and their run first offense.

I hope Williams put on a show for him.

I got from this that he really wanted to see does he get the vibe that he'd be good with playing here and fir a coach like Dugans which worked out for us. Parents had a perception before but see it's different and now sure he likes UGA alot but now we're definitely a threat now we have to light FSU up and show we'll kill it in the air

The only thing about his quotes that concerned me was that little line about Miami being a “Different environment than when Sean Taylor and them were there.” Wtf does that mean? Seems like someone has been negative recruiting the **** out of Miami to the Haselwoods. Either that or he listens to Cowherd and Mark May way too much. Either way, if this kid ends up at Miami with our current WR board, it speaks volumes about his confidence and willingness to compete. Dugans has that cupboard ******* stocked right now.
I caught that as well... shady comment that I would love to know where he got that impression from. Good news is Mark Richt being at the helm should be able to close on any of the families concerns. Dugans is doing a **** of a job here as well just to pull him in for paradise was a huge sign that Georgia better watch out bc were coming. U take TS from us then we take Haselwood from you.

Coley and uga..... they are dirty on the trail and negatively recruit anyone they can

Advertisement
So a couple of things stand out to me

“Yeah, some of those Georgia fans were upset about me not being at Georgia, but I cannot worry about that. I have to do what is best for me”
"I have visited Georgia a lot and I made my mind up a while ago that I would be at Miami, so that was just my decision."

Oh how much poetic justice would it be to pry a recruit away from Georgia, with all of their fans bragging about being able to come to south Florida and cherry pick any Talent they want, because of their fat checkbook, let’s hope next time he repeats that line will be on NSD.

“My mom did not know what it was like down there. She was thinking it was like it was years ago when Sean Taylor and guys like that were there”

That’s the price of being the U, as much as the media talks about us inventing swag, they display an equal negative perception about us, we as canes fans love it, but some parents are turned off by images of kids with dreads & gold dancing after every touchdown and hitting opponents hard, stories of the 7th floor crew etc etc, but it’s really telling that she was open minded enough to visit our campus and see that the negative perception from the media is not there at all, I also believe that Rival schools fan the flames on our perception, probably Georgia themselves trying to make us look bad.

“got to talk with coach Richt, be around wide receivers coach Ron Dugans and I worked out with
Jaren Williams, Deejay Dallas and Mike Harley”

First off big f***** shout out to Mike Harley who will most likely go down as a legend in the U, it’s one thing to be a recruit who signs & plays here, it’s another to be a recruit who signs, plays, & recruits for us, not to mention that he’s doing it with a recruit in his position that can take snaps from him but he sees the long term picture and is recruiting for the better of the team, secondly, I love the fact that he got to work out with J Will, I was concerned during paradise that those young QBs would underthrow him but strategic move by Dugans & CMR to get our future QB to toss it to him, let him know how the next 3-4 years will look like

“I talk to Georgia about every day, so they are on me as hard as they ever have been”

The ball is on the court for Georgia, I love how we’re applying pressure, they got home field advantage tho, we can’t slow down, this will be a fight (without bags involved) it evens the plying field

“I know I will take an official visit to Miami, probably for the Florida State game and Georgia”

Our most important game of the season, I know it will come down to this, this game will determine if the U is back, for the college football world & recruits, Richt needs to tell his players to leave it all on the line, I’m not expecting a blowout but we have to dominate, no more last sec game winners, winning this game can probably take FSU off of his OV list, but seeing as how slick Willie would probably sell him on coming to the Mickey Mouse clubhouse & starting and then offering bags, I’d imagine that alone would turn off Haselwood.

Advertisement
They only got room for 4-5 more with the 16 they have committed. Kurby would have to cut several on roster to make anymore room.

reading their board, they have no issue with that. They have a name for it "billybob" them. No joke. Right now, they are all about stars. They want that #1 recruiting class so bad.

reading their board, they have no issue with that. They have a name for it "billybob" them. No joke. Right now, they are all about stars. They want that #1 recruiting class so bad.
realistically could they sign the #1 class with a number below 20?

I got from this that he really wanted to see does he get the vibe that he'd be good with playing here and fir a coach like Dugans which worked out for us. Parents had a perception before but see it's different and now sure he likes UGA alot but now we're definitely a threat now we have to light FSU up and show we'll kill it in the air

I really liked the quote about Dugans telling him it wouldn't be easy at UM- ****, no - he would have to work for his spot.

Advertisement
Back