Jadon Haselwood

I’m on the same page as you, kid sounds like he’s mainly about his business, during some interview with an FSU reporter, he mentioned how he doesn’t even care how a campus looks, because his main focus is making it to the league, for some it’s sounds a bit selfish but I perceive it as, “im the #1 WR in the Nation, I have the talent to be drafted top 5, let me go to school that will help me achieve that” I’m curious about who from the team went out with him as well, if I had to guess I’d say the Georgia boys for sure (Deejay, Realus, Jarren) & maybe a few of our receivers (Pope, Hightower)
I know that it was said by Geo that haselwood was with summerall, keon, and other canes players

Advertisement
I’m on the same page as you, kid sounds like he’s mainly about his business, during some interview with an FSU reporter, he mentioned how he doesn’t even care how a campus looks, because his main focus is making it to the league, for some it’s sounds a bit selfish but I perceive it as, “im the #1 WR in the Nation, I have the talent to be drafted top 5, let me go to school that will help me achieve that” I’m curious about who from the team went out with him as well, if I had to guess I’d say the Georgia boys for sure (Deejay, Realus, Jarren) & maybe a few of our receivers (Pope, Hightower)

Looking at who he has followed recently on his social media, seems like Harley must have been pretty involved with him- don't see anyone else from receiver group in his list of followers. He also followed Keontra Smith, Summerall and Good recently. DJ "hosted" him last time, if I recall. Jarren, Realus George and Ezzard look like they have been social media "friends" with him for quite some time - definitely the Georgia football connection.

Harley has really stepped up as an Ambassador and leader. Hope he has a great season

Advertisement
He plays on Cam Newton's 7v7 team with them - Owen Pappoe and a few others are good friends. Of course they think he is coming. I think this kid will do what he decides is best for him, regardless of who is there. I also don't think it's about bags. Not in this case. That's not to say it won't be offered but I don't think he is looking around to get more/bigger ones.

He seems like he is all business. Personally, I like the way he has basically stuck it to Kirby and conducted his recruitment exactly the way he wanted.

I wonder who from the team went out with him, Summerall and Zip and Crowley on Saturday. Anyone know?

I hear Owen will flip to UGA when it's all said & done

Advertisement
I hear Owen will flip to UGA when it's all said & done
That’s what I thought but Grayson kids are different and they don’t necessarily go to uga just because. Most are more inclined to go out of state. With that being said uga signed an impressive list of linebackers and I think That’s what’s giving Owen pappoe pause on them. Kids want to play early

When you mention

Jadon Haselwood
in the recruiting world, heads turn and ears open up.

The 6-foot-3, 195 pound five-star wide receiver out of Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove has shined everywhere he has competed the last two-plus years, and not only has he made a strong case to be the No. 1 prospect at his position, but in the country.

This past weekend, after the dead period ended, many schools held big events. Some were camps, some were cookouts, some were a combination of both and many schools wanted Haselwood on their campus.

Mark Richt and the Miami Hurricanes won that battle.

Instead of going to Athens, where Georgia has their Reveal Party at Sanford Stadium, the Bulldog commit headed south to Coral Gables. It was his second time there in the last three months.

In today's world of social media, he took a little heat for it.

"Yeah, some of those Georgia fans were upset about me not being at Georgia, but I cannot worry about that. I have to do what is best for me," said Haselwood. "I have visited Georgia a lot and I made my mind up a while ago that I would be at Miami, so that was just my decision."

I actually disagree. Don’t get me wrong my money is still on UGA but I don’t think this was a fluff piece at all.

He is coming for FSU and will see HR at its finest. We have to win that game with all the kids that will be there. It will be unreal.
Could you give the highlights of the article? Is he taking his official then or after the season?

It appears the Hurricanes made the most of their time. Not only for the elite prospect, but for those very close to him.

"It went real well, especially for my parents. My mom did not know what it was like down there. She was thinking it was like it was years ago when Sean Taylor and guys like that were there, but it is different. It is a lot better environment now, so she really liked it.

"I got to talk with coach Richt, be around wide receivers coach Ron Dugans and I worked out with

Jaren Williams
Deejay Dallas
and
Mike Harley
while I was there too. I just got a better feel for things all around. It was nice down there."

Some still wonder why Haselwood went to Miami instead of Georgia, the school he has been committed to for almost 17 months. It is really simple — he has interest in the Hurricanes.

"I wanted to go down there and work with coach Dugans and see what he was like as a coach and as a person," said Haselwood. "Miami is a school I am looking at, so I went down there for a couple of days, did some individual work with coach Dugans, spent time with some players and just checked things out.

"I have been to Georgia a lot. This was only my second visit to Miami, so I needed to get back. I got to see what coach Dugans would be like and he is a great guy. He really keeps it real. He told me it would not be easy there and he is a guy who wants to be that father-figure, not just a coach too."

Advertisement
There will be a third visit to Miami now. Haselwood has already taken an official visit to Oklahoma, so he has four remaining. He said that Miami and Georgia are the only two that he knows for certain he will take. Auburn and Florida State are two other schools he is considering for official visits four and five at this time.

"Other schools are trying to get in and get me to visit, but I am really shutting them out. I am trying to focus on just a few schools right now, so I am not talking to too many schools.

"I know I will take an official visit to Miami, probably for the Florida State game and Georgia will definitely get one too. No dates are set yet, so that is stuff I will get done later."

Since the visit to Miami, Georgia has been constantly reaching out to Haselwood. The elite wideout spoke to co-offensive coordinator coach James Coley on Wednesday morning and Kirby Smart spoke to Haselwood's mother.

Georgia is definitely not taking Haselwood's commitment for granted.

"They just keep letting me know that they are going to keep recruiting me hard," said Haselwood. "I talk to Georgia about every day, so they are on me as hard as they ever have been.

They have talked to me about new commit

Makiya Tongue
and transfer
Demetris Robertson
and I am cool with those guys. Competition has never mattered to me. Those guys going to Georgia doesn't change anything."

In reality, nothing has changed for Haselwood since he committed to the Dawgs. He said from the day he committed to Georgia in March 2017 that he was going to take visits to other schools, continue to talk to coaches on other staffs and enjoy the recruiting process.

He will do so until he signs his letter of intent in December. Miami has made a move in the race, Auburn is right there, Oklahoma was his dream school growing up and it appears Florida State is in the mix, but Georgia is still on top.

"All is still the same for me," said Haselwood. "The Miami visit definitely helped them with me and my family, but I am still committed to Georgia and I still can see myself there.

"When I am at Georgia, it feels like home. It is my state school. I am close to

Justin Fields
Brenton Cox
is my boy and I am at home at Georgia. My commitment to them is still the same.

"If something has really changed, the world would know about it. I am going to take my five official visits, look at the options I have and go from there. Right now, I am still with Georgia."

That’s what I thought but Grayson kids are different and they don’t necessarily go to uga just because. Most are more inclined to go out of state. With that being said uga signed an impressive list of linebackers and I think That’s what’s giving Owen pappoe pause on them. Kids want to play early

I got that from a coach at Grayson......he expects all 3 to end up at UGA.

Advertisement
Salute to Dugans and CMR for keeping us in the game. Everyone is crowning Georgia as the new Bama but they lost a ton of talent from their runner up team last year and I think might struggle a bit. Hopefully they lose a couple of games, continue to have a run first offense with no real passing game, and we take care of business. This will keep us in the game.

Instead of going to Athens, where Georgia has their Reveal Party at Sanford Stadium, the Bulldog commit headed south to Coral Gables. It was his second time there in the last three months.
In today's world of social media, he took a little heat for it.
"Yeah, some of those Georgia fans were upset about me not being at Georgia, but I cannot worry about that. I have to do what is best for me," said Haselwood. "I have visited Georgia a lot and I made my mind up a while ago that I would be at Miami, so that was just my decision."

Said he worked out alone with Dugans and also with Jarren, DJ and Harley.
Wanya Morris too? Who is the 3rd? I thought Uga staff wasn’t high on de kelvin harris.

Fvck uga man **** lol

Harris is the 3rd.

Advertisement
Back