Jadon Haselwood

Both are evolving, the NFL at a quicker pace. The last 40 years are becoming irrelevant. Clemson, Ohio State, FSU all had elite offenses. The runner ups - Auburn, Oregon did too. Alabama is an anomaly because their lines have just been bigger and stronger than everyone else's. Their run game has always been dominant.

I clearly stated Defense being important, so you didn't comprehend my "theory". Of course teams like Oregon, who don't play any D whatsoever won't win championships.

The truth and my point is both win championships now, it's not just the cliche "defense wins championships" anymore.

2013 (Champions) Alabama
#1 Total Defense
#31 Total Offense

2014 Florida State
#3 Total Defense
#6 Total Offense

2015 Ohio State
#9 Total Defense
#41 Total Offense

2016 Alabama
#3 Total Defense
#45 Total Offense

2017 Clemson
#4 Total Defense
#38 Total Offense

2018 Alabama
#1 Total Defense
#29 Total Offense

No one is saying you don't need Offense but evidently Defense wins championships.

Advertisement
When he watches our receivers ball out this year hopefully he makes that business decision here to the U

2013 (Champions) Alabama
#1 Total Defense
#31 Total Offense

2014 Florida State
#3 Total Defense
#6 Total Offense

2015 Ohio State
#9 Total Defense
#41 Total Offense

2016 Alabama
#3 Total Defense
#45 Total Offense

2017 Clemson
#4 Total Defense
#38 Total Offense

2018 Alabama
#1 Total Defense
#29 Total Offense

No one is saying you don't need Offense but evidently Defense wins championships.

Not sure where you're getting your stats.

2014 Florida State
#7 Total Defense
#4 Total Offense

2015 Ohio State
#29 Total Defense
#3 Total Offense

2016 Alabama
#3 Total Defense
#19 Total Offense

2017 Clemson
#15 Total Defense
#1 Total Offense

2018 Alabama
#1 Total Defense
#17 Total Offense

ELITE offenses. Elite Defenses. It's not just "defense wins championships" anymore.

Not sure where you're getting your stats.

2014 Florida State
#7 Total Defense
#4 Total Offense

2015 Ohio State
#29 Total Defense
#3 Total Offense

2016 Alabama
#3 Total Defense
#19 Total Offense

2017 Clemson
#15 Total Defense
#1 Total Offense

2018 Alabama
#1 Total Defense
#17 Total Offense

ELITE offenses. Elite Defenses. It's not just "defense wins championships" anymore.

My source is the NCAA.
Total Offense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

Advertisement
I think this kid will be a Cane when it's all said and done. I'm not saying that as a homer, but just looking at him coming down here to Paradise. Adding that with the fact that UGA keeps bringing kids in that can play WR. And Dugans is a recruiting wiz. I genuinely think that he will commit to Miami.

I think this kid will be a Cane when it's all said and done. I'm not saying that as a homer, but just looking at him coming down here to Paradise. Adding that with the fact that UGA keeps bringing kids in that can play WR. And Dugans is a recruiting wiz. I genuinely think that he will commit to Miami.

and the latest is apparently they are starting to think that transfer kid from Cali who just committed to them - Demetrius Robertson- may get some kind of dispensation to play this year. Mansell said it himself - they are more optimistic than they ever thought - NCAA may approve his hardship application which means he plays this year. don't know what that will mean for haselwood. there has also been talk if that kid plays in 2018 and has himself any kind of season, he will leave for draft in 2019. Otherwise he may be around next fall too

Advertisement
Would be a huge get! Wr depth looking for 2019- Thomas, Hightower, Pope, Harley, Njoku, Wiggins, Ezzard, Payton, and Haselwood. I'm assuming Richards declares for the draft, but if not.... There isn't a wr group I would take over ours.

Miami hoodie

2E2F146D-B810-4A0B-9F67-646052A074D2.jpeg

Kind of blurry but #watchthehoodie 👀 Miami U

Lord let this happen. Hoping that this just isn't some ploy to get UGA to pony up a much bigger bag. Losing him is one thing but losing him to your former head coach I bet wouldn't sit well with them.

Advertisement
Won’t mean chit. UGA will fall right back down to planet earth, and I believe that will start happening next season. No hatred; just being real. They should’ve lost several games last year including ND and OU. They had veteran leadership from Richt’s squad that pushed them over. No more leadership. They’ll have a locker room full of 5 star divas w no leadership. Kirby is not Saban. And Mel Tucker plain sucks. Watch it unravel

Yup.

Malik Rosier had more yards passing by about 1k and 10 more TDs than Jalen Hurts. There’s no technical wizardry to Nick Saban recruiting 5 stars and overwhelming teams with depth and talent.

Lord let this happen. Hoping that this just isn't some ploy to get UGA to pony up a much bigger bag. Losing him is one thing but losing him to your former head coach I bet wouldn't sit well with them.
if he was going to use some plot to get UGA to pony up a bigger bag, he’d be flirting & entertaining Auburn, I assume Georgia sees them more of a threat, Auburn is in the SEC similar to Georgia, Auburn top recruit (Owen Pappoe) is a friend of his, Auburn plays the bag game just like Georgia, Haselwood could easily make those two schools get in a bidding war for him. ****, if the kid is serious about a bigger bag, all he has to do is decommit, then call up Saban. Kirby Smart would be running to the nearest Western Union.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Idk why, but I have this gut feeling in me that this kid is cut from a different cloth than these other recruits, if he was going to use some plot to get UGA to pony up a bigger bag, wouldn’t he be flirting & entertaining Auburn more? I assume Georgia sees them more of a threat, Auburn is in the SEC similar to Georgia, Auburn top recruit (Owen Pappoe) is a friend of his, Auburn plays the bag game just like Georgia as well, Haselwood could easily make those two schools get in a bidding war for him. ****, if the kid is serious about a bigger bag, all he has to do is decommit, then call up Saban. Kirby Smart would be running to the nearest Western Union.
Auburn recruits are already saying he’s coming so it is what it is.
I hear what you’re saying and feel the same that he’s different. Haselwood coming to UM would be the biggest out of state since DJ Williams. That alone says UM is back. If UM gets him to commit others will follow. That’s as legit a recruit as there is in the country this cycle. Our WR core is so deep. That being said if Richards leaves this year, Haselwood could easily be starting next year as a true frosh. He’s that talented.

I hear what you’re saying and feel the same that he’s different. Haselwood coming to UM would be the biggest out of state since DJ Williams. That alone says UM is back. If UM gets him to commit others will follow. That’s as legit a recruit as there is in the country this cycle. Our WR core is so deep. That being said if Richards leaves this year, Haselwood could easily be starting next year as a true frosh. He’s that talented.

He plays on Cam Newton's 7v7 team with them - Owen Pappoe and a few others are good friends. Of course they think he is coming. I think this kid will do what he decides is best for him, regardless of who is there. I also don't think it's about bags. Not in this case. That's not to say it won't be offered but I don't think he is looking around to get more/bigger ones.

He seems like he is all business. Personally, I like the way he has basically stuck it to Kirby and conducted his recruitment exactly the way he wanted.

I wonder who from the team went out with him, Summerall and Zip and Crowley on Saturday. Anyone know?

As far as my knowledge is concerned, the only Auburn recruit to mention Auburn’s efforts in flipping him was Owen Pappoe, however I think it was said in a friendly “Hey we’re going to get him” manner sort of like what Nesta did with TC when they were both being interviewed last cycle, he promised TC would be a cane when it’s all said and done, idk if other Auburn recruits made any other comments

He plays on Cam Newton's 7v7 team with them - Owen Pappoe and a few others are good friends. Of course they think he is coming. I think this kid will do what he decides is best for him, regardless of who is there. I also don't think it's about bags. Not in this case. That's not to say it won't be offered but I don't think he is looking around to get more/bigger ones.

He seems like he is all business. Personally, I like the way he has basically stuck it to Kirby and conducted his recruitment exactly the way he wanted.

I wonder who from the team went out with him, Summerall and Zip and Crowley on Saturday. Anyone know?
I’m on the same page as you, kid sounds like he’s mainly about his business, during some interview with an FSU reporter, he mentioned how he doesn’t even care how a campus looks, because his main focus is making it to the league, for some it’s sounds a bit selfish but I perceive it as, “im the #1 WR in the Nation, I have the talent to be drafted top 5, let me go to school that will help me achieve that” I’m curious about who from the team went out with him as well, if I had to guess I’d say the Georgia boys for sure (Deejay, Realus, Jarren) & maybe a few of our receivers (Pope, Hightower)

Advertisement
Back