Jadon Haselwood decommits from Georgia

Advertisement
247: Intel continued to suggest that Jadon Haselwood wants to be at Miami, but weekend trip to Athens seems to have tightened the race Bulldogs rolled out the red carpet. One school out there for the first time in a while is Oklahoma, some suggesting they might be a bigger threat than Georgia

247: Intel continued to suggest that Jadon Haselwood wants to be at Miami, but weekend trip to Athens seems to have tightened the race Bulldogs rolled out the red carpet. One school out there for the first time in a while is Oklahoma, some suggesting they might be a bigger threat than Georgia

Hmmm.....Ou you say?

Update is all over the place , which for the first time is the most accurate

Advertisement
Here's the latest Fields write up from OK board Looks like there may be one coming this morning too:

While rumors have swirled around quarterbacks that haven’t even publicly announced they are transferring—Arizona quarterback Khalil Tate, Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts and Fields—Sooner fans are already licking their chops at the thought.
But why, though?
True freshman quarterback Tanner Mordecai showed that he can spin it earlier this season. The reigning Elite 11 MVP and top 2019 quarterback recruit in the country—Spencer Rattler—is set to sign with OU in days, but the leader for the job in 2019 is Austin Kendall.
Kendall has spent more time in Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley’s offense than any quarterback who could be eligible to play for OU in 2019. It’s clear that he has an edge in knowing the playbook if not chemistry in and out of the Sooner locker room.
And, if as USA Today reported, Fields would look to appeal to the NCAA to play right away, he’s not likely to look at a situation where he won’t be eligible until 2020. But he might not have a choice either.
Still, anything is possible—like a kid who was thought to have flamed out at Texas A&M only to be drafted in the top 10 of the Major League Baseball Draft and win the Heisman Trophy in the same year.

There has only been one Kyler Murray. But folks said that about Baker Mayfield too. The results were a Heisman and a College Football Playoff berth for both.
Is that how things end for Fields? We’ll all just have to wait and see.

Advertisement
And for further entertainment, the UGA board is as bad, if not worse than ours. Absolute insanity.
Many of them feel, including one of their mods, that this is a stunt by Fields to force Kirby into making him the starter. I don't see how that works, but that seems to be a feeling.

They are most angry that his news will ruin their recruiting class- they think kids will decommit because Fields is not there. So great to see the pain... They've been laughing at us for months. Have so many Miami and Richt threads on their board its ridiculous

Whew! Recruiting/transfer time is always filled with drama.
clapback.gif

Apparently there is some chatter out there now that Ohio State May be bringing in Quincy Avery as a QB coach. He is Haskins coach as well as Justin Fields and Jarren Williams. And Emory Jones, the UF freshman QB. Maybe that’s why Fields is being linked with OSU too

Advertisement
He'd put up ridiculous numbers at OU. If you're looking at it objectively that should be the place he wants to go. Xfactor is will the coach be heading to the league soon

He'd put up ridiculous numbers at OU. If you're looking at it objectively that should be the place he wants to go. Xfactor is will the coach be heading to the league soon

He'd win a Heisman under Riley.

All I am sayin...whether its Haselwood or Fields, I'd be negative recruiting the fvck out of Oklahoma. Fabricating crazy photoshops of news articles saying he is going to the Browns. Create a CGI Lincoln Riley robo video caller...telling all the croots he is leaving to the pros. Get a body double like Mission Impossible type things.

OU is the best fit for both kids if we are all being honest with ourselves. Nothing will be known till Jan 5th either way so sit back and enjoy the rollercoaster.

Advertisement
He'd win a Heisman under Riley.

All I am sayin...whether its Haselwood or Fields, I'd be negative recruiting the fvck out of Oklahoma. Fabricating crazy photoshops of news articles saying he is going to the Browns. Create a CGI Lincoln Riley robo video caller...telling all the croots he is leaving to the pros. Get a body double like Mission Impossible type things.

Richt doesn’t negative recruit.

OU is the best fit for both kids if we are all being honest with ourselves. Nothing will be known till Jan 5th either way so sit back and enjoy the rollercoaster.

From a pure college numbers perspective, I would agree, but I’m not sure it’s the best fit from an NFL perspective. The Big12 in general strugglesto put kids into the NFL. Sure, Matfield was the #1 overall pick last year, but that’s not the rule. Kyler Murray is a great college QB, but he isn’t much of an NFL prospect. Scouts also tend to get wary about those offenses and the fact that the defenses are so terrible.

Advertisement
Back