Jadon Haselwood decommits from Georgia

Advertisement
I'm not saying you are in particular, but in the years that I've been active/lurking on this board there has been a theme where random posters around this time of year start getting our hopes up. Especially as it relates to big name recruits. And while what you're saying may very well be the truth, I'm emotionally prepared for none of this to work out.

I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but appreciate the the tiny light you're shining on the board. It's been kinda depressing around these parts haha

Well obviously it would have to relate to big name recruits. No one would be crazy enough to come on here and suggest we were flipping Zion Nelson.....

Good luck with what? It is a question. Stevenson is doing it. Haselwood was expected to do it. Bogle apparently isn't. I haven't heard that Haselwood has changed his mind on it.

Yes they’re going to try. No they’re not going to succeed. It’ll leak where they signed well before 1/5.

From OU insider a couple mins ago:

I said I would have some Trejan Bridges news with Jadon Haselwood?

Well, the two had “great, informative conversation today.” Bridges has been recruiting Haselwood to OU, in the last few weeks, so any truth to animosity is pure rumors, I’m told.

As for where things stand with Haselwood? The Sooners staff, more specifically Dennis Simmons, has been in constant contact with the five-star WR. The plan is to still announce on January 5th, I can tell you the Sooners very well could be the leader right now. I have spoken to sources all over and OU seems to be surging in a big way right now.

I almost feel like I could crystal ball him to OU, but with it being such a weird deal I want to wait a bit. Just want to gather more information before till my eyes see OU in the crystal ball.

If things continue to progress that way, it could be one of the greatest WR classes of all time— if not THE greatest!

There is a few weeks before January 5th. Things change fast in recruiting—as you all well know. Oklahoma has to continue what they are doing, in non-contact period, to make sure they are still position to have their hat put on at the Adidas All American game.

Right now, they are doing all they can and more. Will it be enough? Will know in a few short weeks.
Once again he's signing in 2 days which keeps making me thino he doesn't know ****

Advertisement
This was on Rivals board earlier. Matt Shodell interviewed one of Jadons Coaches.

Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove High School WR

Jadon Haselwood ’s initial plan as he entered on his recruiting journey?

To announce a decision at the Army game and sign with the school of his choice in February. But since he was able to work his way to becoming an early enrollee, that made the situation trickier.

Haselwood still was set on announcing at the Army game. But if he signed a letter-of-intent in the early period window, wouldn’t news leak out given it’s a two-team battle between Miami and Georgia (there's some chatter that Oklahoma made a run but Haselwood's coach, Jermaine Smith, said it's down to UM vs. Ga.)? Whichever of those schools didn’t get the LOI wouldn’t have much incentive to keep it top secret after he spurned them.

So now Haselwood has a new plan.

He will have letter-of-intents on hand from both programs on Wednesday. For now, per Smith, Haselwood will sign one of the two documents. But he won’t send it to the school of his choice until after he announces at the Army game.

“Our understanding is he has a certain amount of days to turn it in that would allow him to do that,” Smith said.

If that doesn’t work another option would be simply to not sign at all … at least the LOI. Haselwood instead could sign financial aid agreements with scholarship guarantees for both programs.

What’s for sure is this: “He’s ready for recruiting to be over with,” Smith said. “What he’s looking for most is where he can be developed, prepared as a player and young man for the rest of his life.”

Smith also weighed in on the impact Haselwood can have on a program at the next level: “He can have a big impact - he’s a great football player, great kid,” Smith said. “He changes the game in multiple ways.”

Would Smith be surprised if Haselwood winds up a Cane?

“No, I wouldn’t be surprised,” Smith said. “Because he really liked them when he was down there.”

Advertisement
This was on Rivals board earlier. Matt Shodell interviewed one of Jadons Coaches.

Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove High School WR

Jadon Haselwood ’s initial plan as he entered on his recruiting journey?

To announce a decision at the Army game and sign with the school of his choice in February. But since he was able to work his way to becoming an early enrollee, that made the situation trickier.

Haselwood still was set on announcing at the Army game. But if he signed a letter-of-intent in the early period window, wouldn’t news leak out given it’s a two-team battle between Miami and Georgia (there's some chatter that Oklahoma made a run but Haselwood's coach, Jermaine Smith, said it's down to UM vs. Ga.)? Whichever of those schools didn’t get the LOI wouldn’t have much incentive to keep it top secret after he spurned them.

So now Haselwood has a new plan.

He will have letter-of-intents on hand from both programs on Wednesday. For now, per Smith, Haselwood will sign one of the two documents. But he won’t send it to the school of his choice until after he announces at the Army game.

“Our understanding is he has a certain amount of days to turn it in that would allow him to do that,” Smith said.

If that doesn’t work another option would be simply to not sign at all … at least the LOI. Haselwood instead could sign financial aid agreements with scholarship guarantees for both programs.

What’s for sure is this: “He’s ready for recruiting to be over with,” Smith said. “What he’s looking for most is where he can be developed, prepared as a player and young man for the rest of his life.”

Smith also weighed in on the impact Haselwood can have on a program at the next level: “He can have a big impact - he’s a great football player, great kid,” Smith said. “He changes the game in multiple ways.”

Would Smith be surprised if Haselwood winds up a Cane?

“No, I wouldn’t be surprised,” Smith said. “Because he really liked them when he was down there.”
Jeezus man recruiting is insane now compared to how it was 5 years ago.

That and let's just be real. That's an offense that doesn't prepare you for the NFL as a WR. UGA and UM offense does. You learn all aspects of receiving. Stuff the scouts look for.
So as of now, you think we get both Haselwood and Fields? Although there has been no mention of Fields to UM other than you and the fact he's followed a couple of our players recently.

jadon doesn’t have to sign an LOI on Wednesday. He can sign an FAA for all 5 of his top schools if he wants to. It doesn’t matter until he enrolls after the announcement. This would keep the options open with no one knowing any more

Advertisement
Dede Westbrook put on video game numbers and he still can barely run good routes. OU handicaps WRs like GT handicaps RBs.

That and let's just be real. That's an offense that doesn't prepare you for the NFL as a WR. UGA and UM offense does. You learn all aspects of receiving. Stuff the scouts look for.

This is why I don’t understand the allure of OU being the clear cut answer for both Fields and Haselwood, Big 12 receivers are notorious for putting up video game numbers in college only to have average NFL careers. Same with Big12 QBs although I suppose Baker Mayfield is doing a good job of trying to change that image but even then the last big12 QB to go ahead and have a successful NFL career before him was Sam bradford, Fields would put up video game numbers and would probably win heisman almost every year but scouts will take stuff like playing against big12 defense into consideration, same with Haselwood.

Advertisement
Idk man Haselwood strikes me as a kid about his money. He’s gonna go somewhere on his own where he can get better and perfext his craft. I could be totally wrong, but I just don’t see him going to OU. Who knows

jadon doesn’t have to sign an LOI on Wednesday. He can sign an FAA for all 5 of his top schools if he wants to. It doesn’t matter until he enrolls after the announcement. This would keep the options open with no one knowing any more

If he wants to enroll early, I think he has to sign between December 19-21. Otherwise he'd have to wait till Feb.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/index.html

“Haselwood still was set on announcing at the Army game. But if he signed a letter-of-intent in the early period window, wouldn’t news leak out given it’s a two-team battle between Miami and Georgia (there's some chatter that Oklahoma made a run but Haselwood's coach, Jermaine Smith, said it's down to UM vs. Ga.)? Whichever of those schools didn’t get the LOI wouldn’t have much incentive to keep it top secret after he spurned them.”

from the shodell article... sooooo Miami vs Georgia? this as recent as today?

This is why I don’t understand the allure of OU being the clear cut answer for both Fields and Haselwood, Big 12 receivers are notorious for putting up video game numbers in college only to have average NFL careers. Same with Big12 QBs although I suppose Baker Mayfield is doing a good job of trying to change that image but even then the last big12 QB to go ahead and have a successful NFL career before him was Sam bradford, Fields would put up video game numbers and would probably win heisman almost every year but scouts will take stuff like playing against big12 defense into consideration, same with Haselwood.
uhh.. Patty Mahomes:?

Advertisement
Back