jaden wayne snaps

that's fair ... but when has his "speed", "quickness" and "bend" equated to pressure/sacks ... we all want him to succeed, but to this point he's been a guy that gets stuck on blocks

Yup. Harvey is what he is - a good hustle guy reserve that’s not going to overwhelm an OL counterpart. He’ll hustle and may get some qb hurries/coverage sacks.

Advertisement
that's fair ... but when has his "speed", "quickness" and "bend" equated to pressure/sacks ... we all want him to succeed, but to this point he's been a guy that gets stuck on blocks
Averaged 1 solo/1 assisted tackle for 4 games this season. Guy's shown something to gain respect of staff, but didn't really translate to field this year. Maybe because of injuries. Agree with your observation that he wasn't getting off blocks *this season*. Don't think your post, or my sentiment correlates to giving up on a high ceiling prospect. Just observations.
Not an expert on all-things Nyjalik, and don't remember whether some impressive speed rushes in '22 were in garbage time or when it mattered. Regardless, when he gets healthy he has something to prove in '24. Let's not crown him until he produces in a legitimate role on the field against legitimate competition. Hasn't that happened enough already?

Why does he keep giving up the edge is my problem.

Because he’s young and he’s been taught to attack the shoulder with the weakest set.

At this level, tackles will sometimes give up the inside shoulder if they know that guard can work his way back and protect.

Averaged 1 solo/1 assisted tackle for 4 games this season. Guy's shown something to gain respect of staff, but didn't really translate to field this year. Maybe because of injuries. Agree with your observation that he wasn't getting off blocks *this season*. Don't think your post, or my sentiment correlates to giving up on a high ceiling prospect. Just observations.
Not an expert on all-things Nyjalik, and don't remember whether some impressive speed rushes in '22 were in garbage time or when it mattered. Regardless, when he gets healthy he has something to prove in '24. Let's not crown him until he produces in a legitimate role on the field against legitimate competition. Hasn't that happened enough already?
i started the thread by saying this isn't slander, just facts ... this year he has not shown any of the traits others have suggested he has ... maybe that was due to injury ... that being said wayne is now getting important snaps which i think will be invaluable going forward and offers real competition in the future

You are insane. Kelly had 4 sacks last year in 184 snaps. This year he got hurt early on.
Crazy that our fans give up on a sophomore whos freshman year playing full time would have been on pace for about 10 sacks (based on conservative 450 snap full season estimate).
not sure how early he was injured but can you point to one game where he showed pass rushing potential ... he had a nice drop in coverage a few times which should some athleticism but i can't think of any qb pressure he applied ... now that may be to due to injury, but i just see wayne as getting more and more confident and really offering some competition next year the de spot

Advertisement
Because he’s young and he’s been taught to attack the shoulder with the weakest set.

At this level, tackles will sometimes give up the inside shoulder if they know that guard can work his way back and protect.
Jordan Travis will be running wild on us if this is supposed to be on purpose

Advertisement
Back