jaden wayne snaps

If Bain stays at DE,that's a nice top 4 at DE,I would assume there's no need to hit the portal for DE.All the DL focus in the portal goes to DTs.

Agreed. Then you got lightfoot and all the freshmen after your top 4. Injuries happen so maybe they go get 1 guy at DE but yeah DT will be the major focus I think.

Advertisement
Nah Kelly has a spot. Chantz snaps disappear next year so he likely isn’t back. I don’t see the bend in Wayne to be an elite edge. Kelly I think still has more natural talent but he has to stay healthy.
He has more than enough bend. He’s a pure power rusher. Kelly a speed rusher so they work differently.. however, power rushers that can change it up and beat you with multiple moves tend to be more productive. Speed guys are easier to stop

Advertisement
Yeah that wrinkle needs to come to an end already…. Which it has with us moving to this 3-3-5 thankfully I feel.
You realize that in the 3-3-5 stack, the weak side end where Kelly/Wayne play is replaced by a traditional linebacker, right? But hey, Corey Flagg is better at covering a running back out of the backfield, I guess.

Advertisement
The kid was a borderline 5* so none of this should be shocking. I’m excited to see him continue to develop. We will need him big time next year.

You realize that in the 3-3-5 stack, the weak side end where Kelly/Wayne play is replaced by a traditional linebacker, right? But hey, Corey Flagg is better at covering a running back out of the backfield, I guess.
Exactly why I said moving to the new scheme has gotten a better person in coverage…. It hasn’t been Flagg either.. It’s been cloyd who is athletic enough for the job

Exactly why I said moving to the new scheme has gotten a better person in coverage…. It hasn’t been Flagg either.. It’s been cloyd who is athletic enough for the job
Yeah, you posted in a thread about Jaden Wayne and I was just stating that his position is the one that gets taken off the field in a 3-3-5 stack defense.

Advertisement
respectfully, what speed rush have you seen from kelly?
What? That’s what he does. He’s not a power rusher, c’mon man. Bain is a power rusher. That’s why Kelly is the weakside DE. Quickness is his game

What? That’s what he does. He’s not a power rusher, c’mon man. Bain is a power rusher. That’s why Kelly is the weakside DE. Quickness is his game
that's fair ... but when has his "speed", "quickness" and "bend" equated to pressure/sacks ... we all want him to succeed, but to this point he's been a guy that gets stuck on blocks

Advertisement
The kid was a borderline 5* so none of this should be shocking. I’m excited to see him continue to develop. We will need him big time next year.
It’s actually surprising that he was given his film before IMG. He had absolutely no coaching. Even his stance was ugly lol.

that's fair ... but when has his "speed", "quickness" and "bend" equated to pressure/sacks ... we all want him to succeed, but to this point he's been a guy that gets stuck on blocks
You are insane. Kelly had 4 sacks last year in 184 snaps. This year he got hurt early on.
Crazy that our fans give up on a sophomore whos freshman year playing full time would have been on pace for about 10 sacks (based on conservative 450 snap full season estimate).

Advertisement
Back