2024 Jaden Smith LB/S from NC

Advertisement
There was a lot of debate on whether we're targeting him as a LB or S but since Nicholson offered him, have to think we're targeting him as an LB

Advertisement
Are we interested? If we take him, that would reduce the LB slots available in the 25 cycle and I don't think he's at the same level that we're currently recruiting for 25. As it is, we might have some very tough decisions on who's commitments to accept at LB.

I honestly can't see why this many LB are needed unless we already know that a couple of the 23 kids are on the way out (even if Chase smith leaves)

Outside of when we switched to the bear front…we have 2 LB on the field at least what…80% of the time? Not the old days when you have 10-11 LB on the roster.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I honestly can't see why this many LB are needed unless we already know that a couple of the 23 kids are on the way out (even if Chase smith leaves)

Outside of when we switched to the bear front…we have 2 LB on the field at least what…80% of the time? Not the old days when you have 10-11 kids on the roster.
He’s 6-3 he’s 195 pounds. Looks like a linebacker but that rover or joker position ( big safety) is also possible same thing with Spencer.

If that’s a legit 4.48, you take the commitment. One in the hand is better than two in the bush. Now, if that’s unverified, then idk what we should do. It is a good sign that we are signing a lot of kids and processing the ones that don’t work out. This is the blueprint.

Advertisement
Kid plays in the Charlotte metro area, which is the best football the state of NC has to offer. If coaches believe for a hint of a second that a guy like Chase Smith is on the transfer fence, I’d take this kid asap.

Numbers game matters but pound for pound, I’d bet this kid can be one of our top 6 LBs

I see linebacker all the way with this kid. None of his highlights show him playing any safety or playing in space. Cam Pruitt is more of a linebacker/safety prospect than this kid imo. Cam actually played safety/linebacker for his HS team..

Advertisement
I see linebacker all the way with this kid. None of his highlights show him playing any safety or playing in space. Cam Pruitt is more of a linebacker/safety prospect than this kid imo. Cam actually played safety/linebacker for his HS team..

Yeah, I like the kid's tape…Just seems kinda redundant with Pruitt.

Advertisement
Back